Splash Mountain Jumping Water

PeeplMoovr

Original Poster
I noticed yesterday that the jumping water in the flood scene of SM was working for what seemed to me like the first time in years. I hadn't seen it in a while at least. Good to see this fixed up.
Now if only they could fix that hopping rabbit on a permanent basis.

I noticed that, too. The jets weren't working earlier in the week when I was there (we stayed Sept 25-Oct1), but yesterday it was a great surprise to see them... Come to think of it, I'm not sure if I ever saw that effect working before yesterday.

basas

Was the projection working? Seems to me that should be a pretty easy effect to have- and yet, it seems to never be working!

Austin1

Why does splash seem to always have all these problems? I really wish that MK had more nice Eticket headliner attractions. Sorry I know that was off topic.

mikeymouse

Yea, wasn't working Wednesday, but saw them on today (Sunday). Awesum! Brer Frog on Brer Gator's back was working again. Did notice some of the birds and one Brer Fox wasn't working today. The projector in the queue of Brer Frog was working and of them running over the hill was also working.

helliker

I was there in early September and several effects like the dancing water were not working on 3 of the 4 times we visited MK during our trip. However we were surprised on our last visit that everything was fixed! So it seems that these effects break down a lot and sometimes they take their time fixing it.

speck76

Steve had posted something once that the jumping waters would trigger the intrusion control system that was installed a few years back....perhaps they altered the system.

Steve4wdw

To be honest it's been at least 2 years i'm fairly sure since all of the fountains were going; GREAT to hear that they're back! I wonder if any of it could also have something to do with the fact that SM is the best of the lightning rods at MK. (Or at least I've been told and was told on my keys tour :sohappy:) Though it'd seem rather silly to not have something like that fixed after so long.

MeTa

Wow, it seems like that has been around 6 years for me that they haven't worked. I go every year and that is always one of those things that I say during the ride...."why don't they fix these." I always assumed some of the stuff was turned off for time restraints, when I was there it was usually busy.

PeeplMoovr

Original Poster
PhilharMagician said:
Was the jumping fish working when you were there? He was not coming up for air in August when we were there.

Neither of the jumping fish (the one in the first scene or the one by Brer Frog) has worked for the last few months at least as far as I can tell.
The little rabbit in the scene where the projection is has been missing for a bit now (probably out getting some cleaning up as the frogs have been from time to time), but the projection was working the last several times, as was the mother rabbit in that scene.
Jumping Brer Rabbit is really an on-again off-again thing, but the jumping water I hadn't seen in years so I was really excited to see it back in action again. I hope they keep this up and running from now on. :sohappy:
Splash does seem to have more than its fair share of AA problems, and I'm wondering why. Are they much more complex than many of the other AA's in WDW? They just seem to have more problems than any others. Anyone on the inside know anything about this?

kelleykevin

My wife and I were there in July, and, for the first time I can ever recall, everything was working. Hopping Brer Rabbit, projection, the flood scene with jumping fountains, everything.

I think the reason Splash has so many issues is that when you combine water, with electricity you are bound to have issues, just my two cents though.

GaryT977

As of yesterday (10/2), the jumping fish, the hopping rabbit and the jumping water effects were not working. Is it being nit-picky to complain about it?

Last saturday when I was going through training it wasnt working, but I went back to the park on Sunday and the jumping water was working. I was very suprised to see it working. I dont know if matinence fixed it or not but one of the birds on the Zipp-a-dee-doo-dah boat was all messed up. Her head was turned around and looking at the boat rather than the people.

When your going into the mill and before you go up the lift there are water cannons that splash you. I have notices in the past 2 weeks that they have become alot more powerful, and shooting alot more water out of them.

helliker

PhilharMagician said:
Was the jumping fish working when you were there? He was not coming up for air in August when we were there.

I don't think the jumping fish was working our entire trip. I think that is the only thing that wasn't fixed by our last day.

Is the waterfall before the Zip-A-Dee-Do-Da scene gone forever? It has been off my last 2 trips.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom