Splash Mountain Jumping Water

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
shmmrname said:
But, our last trip I noticed garbage (gum and pepsi) and mechanical/technical problems in the attraction.

Whoa, whoa... Pepsi?!?!?! Who would've sunk so low as to bring *that* into the park? :p

I am amazed at how good things do tend to look around the parks. I've seen a sharp decline in the respect that some people have for the parks, and for things in general. For example, 7-8 years ago I didn't see any trash strewn about the hotels. Now, it's commonplace. The staff simply can't keep up, and it's both the number of people cleaning up (and the number of people visiting now) and the aforementioned lack of respect.

*steps off soapbox*

Typically, Disney posts on it's website any planned rehabs well in advance. It's best to check there several weeks, or even months, ahead of time, and keep checking as you get closer to your visit.

Thanks for reading! :hammer:

PeeplMoovr

Original Poster
KumbaRider said:
The new riders wouldn't notice the missing details anyway. I can understand why people want the problems fixed, but it is operational in its current state, and people still get an experience...they may not get the full experience but at least they get an experience.

This is the exact problem Disneyland had, and why they needed to do so much work to it to get it into the shape it is in now for DL's 50th. Imagine if WDW just said... we'll just let things slide from now on, because people who come are getting SOME experience out of this, and that's better than nothing, right?

I think for the money they ask for, and the standards they hold themselves to, they can do better than just keep things "operational" and give "an experience". I've been going since 1974 and Disney has always kept things "beautiful" and "magical". That's what people have come to expect.

Also, I wonder how many people actually know all the effects that SM incorporates. There might be people who think that everything worked great on their last trip, only because they've never seen 3 or 4 effects that were originally intended to be on the ride but have broken down and not been fixed.

It's really not too much to ask to fix this ride up a bit to allow us to enjoy the ride as the Imagineers intended and some of us remember.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
PeeplMoovr said:
It's really not too much to ask to fix this ride up a bit to allow us to enjoy the ride as the Imagineers intended and some of us remember.

Amen, Brother WEDWay. Unfortunately, this ride seems to be a bear (pardon the pun) to keep 100% functional. But it's not an excuse, since Disney has built it's reputation on world-class, top-of-the-heap customer service and cleanliness. I think the founder of the company was fond of cleanliness, if memory serves. ;)

LudwigVonDrake

I haven't seen the jumping waters working in a loooooong time. I'm glad to hear that it's working. The unfortunate question is: For how long?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom