Splash Mountain is open

JustAFan

Original Poster
Splash is open today (passholder previews - EDIT: CM (and invited guest) preview day today, passholder preview to come). Not sure when the refurb starts, but it looks like we can still say our goodbyes for now.

Also, if you like ResortTV1, they're live streaming at MK now.

JustAFan

Original Poster
I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back, but it's good to know that, if you want, there's still a chance to ride the current version.

Parker in NYC

I bet Disney would totally close Splash Mountain early. Less incentive for visitors, lower crowds, safer environment. Even profitable Disney can read the tea leaves, mark everything else up, and the same visitors who throw their money at Disney will... visit.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
It was obvious to me that it would be open.
They need as many attractions as possible open since there will not be things like parades and fireworks to keep people from rides.

Mickey Pride

I imagine the current Splash Mountain will be around well into 2021 and the 50th celebration as to give those attending that time to ride it. I think think sometime though in 2021 the change will start.

JIMINYCR

I am hoping... NO.... I'M PRAYING, that SM stays untouched until we take our 2021 trip. So many times in the past when things have been announced as closing, because of the timing, we dont get to ride them for the last time and say goodbye. Splash has played such a huge part in the enjoyment to our past trips that it will really be sad to not be able to get that last ride through. I jokingly told DS that when it gets replaced, I'll still sing zip-a-dee-doo-dah on my ride through Princess & the Frog as a protest. :p:p:p

Mickey Pride

I am hoping... NO.... I'M PRAYING, that SM stays untouched until we take our 2021 trip. So many times in the past when things have been announced as closing, because of the timing, we dont get to ride them for the last time and say goodbye. Splash has played such a huge part in the enjoyment to our past trips that it will really be sad to not be able to get that last ride through. I jokingly told DS that when it gets replaced, I'll still sing zip-a-dee-doo-dah on my ride through Princess & the Frog as a protest. :p:p:p
I really do believe Disney will keep it in its current state through some of the 50th Anniversary Celebration. How much of that time, I do not know.

Brer Oswald

I really don’t think I’ll be able to bring myself to go on the new one. Might try it at Disneyland, but I can’t at World.

JIMINYCR

I really don’t think I’ll be able to bring myself to go on the new one. Might try it at Disneyland, but I can’t at World.
I was originally thinking I'll never go on it but I'll probably go on once to see the change but do so with utmost regret. And I will do it under extreme protest. And probably shed a tear.
gif-bebe-grimace.gif

Raineman

It sucks when you ride something during a trip to WDW, and it's the last time you are able to ride before you go home, and then find out later that it's closing/completely changing and that it was the last time you will ever ride it. That happened for me with GMR 3 years ago.

Just make sure you don't sing too loud, though-my DD and I were singing the song in POTC and speaking along with the dialogue-not loud at all, as we could still clearly hear the sounds while singing-and the young lady in front of us turned around and said, quite passive aggressively, "Could you keep it down? We're trying to hear the ride. Thanks." Needless to say, there were a couple of birds being flipped at her after she turned around.

FettFan

Splash is open today (passholder previews - EDIT: CM (and invited guest) preview day today, passholder preview to come). Not sure when the refurb starts, but it looks like we can still say our goodbyes for now.

Also, if you like ResortTV1, they're live streaming at MK now.

I had heard one rumor that Splash won't be closing until after the 50th celebration.

FettFan

This is Disney we're talking about here, work on it won't start for at least a year or two, got their hands full atm anyhow. Perhaps things will all blow over and it won't happen at all. Who knows

You never know. Disney is hit-or-miss when it comes to listening to the fans.
They didn't listen to the Save Toad crowd.

But there is talk of the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy being erased from canon...and presumably a re-theme of Galaxy's Edge would follow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom