Spirited Special II: DHS Guardians Tower Not Dead; DL to Trade Nostalgia For Star Wars Pyro

MagicHappens1971

I think what WDW1974 said is that if GotG DOES go into EPCOT, then the Tower is safe for many years to come. So we can all feel happy, now...I guess?

This situation reminds of the old joke about your mother-in-law driving over a cliff in a your brand-new Cadillac...
Ahh. Sorry I misread his post as Tower would be changing. Thank you. I love Ellen as a comedian but avoid that ride at all costs, and as much as GOTG doesn't fit into Epcot, I'd prefer that over Ellen.

FigmentForver96

Would you rather go back to post Iger? Hopefully the new CO is better and fufills what Disney used to stand for.
Honestly, yes, yes I would. I'm not starting an Eisner vs Iger battle but Iger just sucks. And all of this is so damn pathetic. Like just build a new ride! YOU ARE A MULTI BILLION dollar company and need to just rework an attraction so you can save money and make even more.

Belpois2712

Honestly, yes, yes I would. I'm not starting an Eisner vs Iger battle but Iger just sucks. And all of this is so damn pathetic. Like just build a new ride! YOU ARE A MULTI BILLION dollar company and need to just rework an attraction so you can save money and make even more.
I agree. Yes the current company provided a DCA makeover and ect but, there so much more that they could do.

wdwfan4ver

It's pathetic either way with the 2 potential locations for a GOTG attraction. Epcot is the better choice since DHS TOT is one of WDW's Iconic attractions. DHS has other spots for GOTG like where Indiana Jones is or the Animation Courtyard area or the buildings behind Star Wars Launch Bay after Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land is done instead of those 2 spots. I mentioned the Animation Courtyard area since the whole area has issues starting with having an attraction dedicated to Walt Disney, but usually doesn't show the film about Walt himself anymore. The Voyage of the Little Mermaid is aging as a show and combined with Star wars Launch Bay being away from Star Wars Land.

Guardians of the Galaxy is bad fit for Epcot based on me watching the movie and Big Hero 6 is the Marvel IP that makes more sense for Epcot. Big Hero6 in the movie had a health robot, had movie scenes with at a science fair and at a robot lab. Those 3 things I mentioned is elements that could be used in Epcot, but Chappie and Iger rather use the GOTG IP that made more at the box office despite not making sense for Epcot.

bhg469

1. Why are they forcing an IP into a location that makes no sense. I feel as if Guardians has no place in Epcot, or DCA. Unless WDW can do a full Marvel themed land, then what's the point? It would seem out of place to just represent one story.
2. Why would they even think about getting rid of Disneyland Forever. I absolutely loved the show when I visited Disneyland for the first time this past spring. A Star Wars firework show would be terrible and would only be catering toward a certain audience.
You see Disney is doing what has never been done. They're blurring the lines between theme park and IP driven amusement park. Its truly a brilliant way to ensure they never get mistaken for innovators ever again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom