Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

truecoat

What if it all imploded? All of a sudden there was an extreme drop in attendance that necessitated the closing of whole resorts and possibly closures on certain days of certain parks. It would probably drive attendance down even further. I mean, Lou could be out of a job.

Bolna

My only complaint about Phantasialand and Europa-Park is the fact that they aren't closer together! I'm planning a trip to Germany (and Austria) in the next year or two, and they are definitely on my to-do list... but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to get from one to the other besides driving a rental car.

Both are not directly in a city center, but it is doable to get from one to the other by just using public transport. If you use www.bahn.de (set it to English for Germany, not to US), by entering Europa-Park as your start point and Phantasialand as your end point it will give you all the options.

Here is an example, but you could also take a cab/private transfer to Offenburg and the same from Cologne and then you avoid the busses and regional trains. Of course that would make it more expensive.

Europa-Park Hotel Resort, Rust Th, 25.07.13 dep 09:21 Bus 7231 Bus Direction: Ringsheim Bahnhof Ringsheim Bahnhof Th, 25.07.13 arr 09:27

Ringsheim Th, 25.07.13 dep 09:31 2 RE 5334 Regional-Express Offenburg Th, 25.07.13 arr 09:53 2

Offenburg Th, 25.07.13 dep 10:30 3 ICE 200 Intercity-Express Köln Hbf Th, 25.07.13 arr 13:05 4

Köln Hbf Th, 25.07.13 dep 13:38 7 RB 11319 Regionalbahn Brühl Th, 25.07.13 arr 13:51

Brühl (Rheinland) Bahnhof Th, 25.07.13 dep 14:25 Bus PHAN Badorf Phantasialand, Brühl (Rheinland) Th, 25.07.13 arr 14:45

Duration: 5:24

MattM

Now wait a minute, picking us Purdue Alum is hitting below the belt, However Indiana is fair game :) I used Dec since that's when bowl games start. I didn't know the exact date
Ha, it's a fine academic institution. But the football program is...rebuilding (how's that for trying to find the positive? Haha)

Taylor

Well, not to re-split a split hair, but the BCS games aren't until January ;) But as all NCAAF fans know, every game means something now, and certain losses mean more than others.

Even though Buckeye fans will swear that beating up on Purdue and Indiana and Northwestern is the same as beating Texas A&M and LSU, etc ;) I KID, I KID.
If you posted that beating A&M meant anything three years ago I would've laughed at you. It's amazing how much having an $EC logo on a jersey can change a team.

bubbles1812

The crazy news from Comic-Con is the prequel Man of Steel movie is going to have batman in it. It will most likely that the batman is not related to the Nolan Dark Knight trilogy.

I enjoyed DM2.

Steal as much soda as you can now. If I was down there, I would be trying to do it as well.

I can see Disney's Frozen making a lot of money and not be profitable.

It's kind of a bummer that there will be only one parade operating at WDW. If anyone knows, why is Disney getting rid of the AK parade?
Prequel? It's a sequel if I'm not mistaken... Typo? Kind of smelled a bit like a desperation move for Warner Bros... Though I guess as a desperation move, there could be far worse things than Superman and Batman in a movie together. Will be curious to see if they can execute it. I don't like everything Joss Whedon has done, but I sure have more trust in him than Zach Snyder. And the casting of a new Batman will also be an interesting one to watch. I'm sure Warners wishes Bale would stick around, but that "reality" created by Nolan seemed quite different from the one in MOS.

I too enjoyed DM2, though I didnt think it was strong as the first one. Still fun. And still love those minions. My minion mug is one of my favorite souvenirs from my Disney/Universal trip (in which I bought a lot of stuff from Universal and very little from Disney).

Cardinals314

Prequel? It's a sequel if I'm not mistaken... Typo? Kind of smelled a bit like a desperation move for Warner Bros... Though I guess as a desperation move, there could be far worse things than Superman and Batman in a movie together. Will be curious to see if they can execute it. I don't like everything Joss Whedon has done, but I sure have more trust in him than Zach Snyder. And the casting of a new Batman will also be an interesting one to watch. I'm sure Warners wishes Bale would stick around, but that "reality" created by Nolan seemed quite different from the one in MOS.

I too enjoyed DM2, though I didnt think it was strong as the first one. Still fun. And still love those minions. My minion mug is one of my favorite souvenirs from my Disney/Universal trip (in which I bought a lot of stuff from Universal and very little from Disney).

I meant sequel. I will change that

bubbles1812

Well, that's just crazy talk right there...
Like...Bynes level crazy. o_O
Oh man @Lee. You're being mean to me. Bynes level crazy is somewhere I don't want to be :p

Joss Whedon is God of the Nerds and practically perfect in every way.

(Is that better? ;))

Captain Neo

So I'm guessing an announcement before D23 and vague details about it during D23 then.

I think the opposite actually. There will be a tease at D23 and a major announcement later. You may not know this but Bob Iger actually teased Cars Land and a few other projects in the Annual Report over a year before any announcement was made for DCA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom