Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor

Well if that guy on Micechat is to be believed. Autopia and innoventions is about to get bulldozed for a major expansion and Jim Hill claims Star Wars land is being announced at D23 to be open by Summer 2015. So I'm starting to feel alot better about the American parks.

They can't just let Universal keep stealing customers away can they?
2015? Is UNI building this?

Magenta Panther

Ok I will say that when I first day the Frozen trailer American version it looks like a terrible rip off of ice age, an I was extremely uninterested in seeing te movie!

Now after watching the Japanese trailer I am scratching my head as to what the hell they showed me in the USA version! They are like 2 completely different movies!?!?

Who is in charge of marketing and trailers? They need to be fired!

Yeah, that elk or caribou or whatever...he acts like a freaking dog. Ha ha ha. Why the heck does WDFA think it has to imitate Dreamworks? Why can't it just tell a wonderful, enchanting fairy-tale movie based on one of the greatest fairy tales of all time written by one of history's greatest storytellers? I miss the old Disney magic, the wondrous escapism of Pinocchio and the warm-hearted sincerity of Snow White. I'm sick of all the stupid wink-wink cynicism. WDFA just looks like a wanna-be with stuff like that trailer. Lame!

articos

The idea of going transcontinental on a 737 was unheard of 15 years ago, but now it is standard and I don't know how people do it. Those planes aren't really comfortable in First Class. ... it's sorta like taking a 757 across the Atlantic, which I did once, but at least that was in Continental's Business First.
Right? Being a sardine in the smallest possible tin going across the country or across an ocean is not appealing. Especially with today's in-flight "service".

articos

I usually have one bad experience during every trip, but last trip busses to AKL were actually all good, not one really bad experience. Even when we left the MK at park closing and the bus was standing room only and we decided to wait for the next one, it was less than 10 minutes wait for the next one where we could sit down.

However, we took the car to go to DtD and for some meals at resorts.

The problem with transportation at WDW in my opinion is the lack of a reliable schedule and the lack of capacity in high volume times. But given the specifics of the situation I am not sure how to improve this significantly. So @articos I would love to hear how improvement is possible.
Give me a couple days to get back on the Transport question. Will answer.

asianway

I'm sure folks have already commented as I'm catching up (or trying) ... but in O-Town you expect waaaaay too much. When half the visitors are addicted to Pixie Dust and would welcome S$-& Mountain -- a new attraction where you slide down a pile of feces shaped like Mickey Mouse -- and another quarter is wondering where to get the monorail from the park with the giant golf ball to the ocean one with the whales ... well, Disney does whatever it can get away with.
Still wish the lifestyle crew would band & revolt...i did notice a lot of love for Spectro and dismay at its treatment there, maybe it was the final straw for more than a few

WDWFigment

Have you seen it yet, Tom?

Yeah, I saw it last week. As-is, I thought it was lousy. However, I do think there's an enjoyable movie buried in the mess; edit out some of the garbage and you'd have a fun popcorn flick. I hope it does well and they get a chance at a sequel.

Looks like my critic v. audience split was pretty close to accurate.

Sue_Vongello

Still wish the lifestyle crew would band & revolt...i did notice a lot of love for Spectro and dismay at its treatment there, maybe it was the final straw for more than a few

This.

This is one of the major reasons I have such a problem with Lou. If he quit being such a coward, he has enough zombie like followers that he could actually make a decent amount of noise about real issues and maybe be the start of positive change. Instead, he'd rather silently enable the place he "loves" to disintegrate into nothing so they can further feed his pocketbook ... which of course shows how much he truly "loves" WDW.

the.dreamfinder

This.

This is one of the major reasons I have such a problem with Lou. If he quit being such a coward, he has enough zombie like followers that he could actually make a decent amount of noise about real issues and maybe be the start of positive change. Instead, he'd rather silently enable the place he "loves" to disintegrate into nothing so they can further feed his pocketbook ... which of course shows how much he truly "loves" WDW.
The problem is that most of Lou's followers would just leave him and go the next SM . Methinks once the CP money/bribes dries up, lifestylers will be a thing of the past.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not to mention the abandonment of Traditional Animation.

Did people 'abandon' the traditional coachmaking when they switched from wood to steel?

It's about time people realize hand drawn cell animation is a dinosaur and stop making that choice of creation as a factor in anything.

the.dreamfinder

Did people 'abandon' the traditional coachmaking when they switched from wood to steel?

It's about time people realize hand drawn cell animation is a dinosaur and stop making that choice of creation as a factor in anything.

I'm sorry, but your analogy is bunk.

First, the public hasn't seen a good hand drawn film in a long time in the same way they saw The Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast etc. Trust me they still exist abroad, but the powers that be at the US studios think audiences will only watch CG features. I'll let Brad Bird, Andrew Stanton and Ed Catmull take it from here on that point.
http://youtu.be/YjSExqtiIyg?t=47m45s
Second, quality is independent of medium. Do you ever hear artists say sculpture is better than painting or drawing? No. It's all about the PEOPLE who make the film that makes it good. Just because a film is cg DOES NOT make it a better film. It is all about how good the film is.

Third, I'll leave you with multiple examples that Hand Drawn or Traditional Animation is not dead creatively, it's the studio heads, even John Lasseter to some degree, that are brain dead.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You might wanna try again. You're comparing a technology to an art form.

Uhh.. the art is the output.. not the mechanism used to create it. Someone can create something that looks IDENTICAL to cell based art today using other tools.. and people would be upset with it because it's not done the way they THINK it should be made.

Craftsman ship is not the tools used - but in the OUTPUT.

Or... are you suggesting that when they introduced the multiplane camera which altered how they created the visuals of the cartoon... it stopped being the 'traditional art' it was before they changed how they photographed the cells? Because that's what we have here.. a change in HOW.. not a change in WHAT.

"traditionalists" are too huge up on the HOW.. and will ignore the output based on predisposed ideas that are based in nothing but 'its how it used to be done'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom