Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Californian Elitist

Southwest is getting my family to LA in October for $200 cheaper than any other carrier (and the next cheapest is Airtran)... two hours faster than the next cheapest flight... with no bag fees... with no change fees... with no plane change... and with no shady commuter airline that I have to take to get to a real airport that the real legacy carriers feel like servicing themselves. Plus, before JetBlue and Southwest showed up at lowly BUF, the legacy carrier fares were absurdly expensive; now, they're just ridiculously expensive.

So yeah, I kinda luv them.

Can't wait for October.:)

novawildcat18

Had In-N-Out for the first time this past March. I gotta say, Five Guys wins for me. The service and price are better at In-N-Out. Burgers are about the same. Fries are WAY better at Five Guys, which is my deciding factor. All my opinion, of course, and I would never turn down an In-N-Out meal since I probably won't be getting another one for a few years.

Captain Neo

Have you heard anything about why there not announcing any new attractions or having a parks presentation at D23? Seems like a huge waste of an opportunity especially after Tom Staggs personally posted on the disney blog apologizing for the disappointment and clamming he "took notes" on how to improve things for next time.

HMF

But his first responsibility is to Pixar. And his second is to WDFA.
I have given up WDFA for dead at this point and am struggling to keep much faith in the rest of the company. If it were not for Pixar, DLR and the possible expansion at WDW (Would say TDR But they don't even own it) I would say the same for the whole company.

HMF

They got Frozen coming out this year and Wreck it Ralph was popular and before that was Tangled so I think there doing pretty good.
I see those as just trying to be a second-rate Pixar. Not to mention the abandonment of Traditional Animation.

Captain Neo

I have given up WDFA for dead at this point and am struggling to keep much faith in the rest of the company. If it were not for Pixar, DLR and the possible expansion at WDW (Would say TDR But they don't even own it) I would say the same for the whole company.

Well if that guy on Micechat is to be believed. Autopia and innoventions is about to get bulldozed for a major expansion and Jim Hill claims Star Wars land is being announced at D23 to be open by Summer 2015. So I'm starting to feel alot better about the American parks.

They can't just let Universal keep stealing customers away can they?

stevehousse

I was thinking about the monorail expansion the other day and the same thing popped into my head like wdw1974 said...just think of instead of us getting lame wrist bands that drives the laziness level of our society even further down, wdw could have used those billions to get an expanded monorail system added! That just screams craziness. Just read the following out loud...

We could have gotten either a new monorail system or a new e ticket ride or 2 in every park and all we are getting are wristbands!!!

How crazy does that sound!!!

As for D23, where did this whole story of them not announcing anything come from? Isn't that the entire point of going to D23 is learning all the new cool things Disney is doing? If they arent announcing anything why hasn't it been cancelled? Do you really think they would make an announcement like that? Don't you think they would worry their butts off about ticket sales not selling if they really told the public they weren't going to announce anything for the parks? I don't buy it for a second!

stevehousse

Ok I will say that when I first day the Frozen trailer American version it looks like a terrible rip off of ice age, an I was extremely uninterested in seeing te movie!

Now after watching the Japanese trailer I am scratching my head as to what the hell they showed me in the USA version! They are like 2 completely different movies!?!?

Who is in charge of marketing and trailers? They need to be fired!

HMF

You give them that much credit? I liked Tangled and Ralph, but the trailer for Frozen makes it look like ripoff Blue Sky, not ripoff Pixar!

[media]

To me CG Animation is/should be Pixar's Signature. Traditional Animation is/should be the signature style of Disney Animation.If WDAS is simply going to be an additional CG Animation Studio when Disney owns Pixar ,that is redundant in my view and removes the differentiating factors between the two studios,if that is indeed what the future holds then I would suggest retiring the WDAS name and merging the remaining assets with Pixar. That way the legacy of the former king of traditional animation won't be further tarnished.

Taylor

Ok I will say that when I first day the Frozen trailer American version it looks like a terrible rip off of ice age, an I was extremely uninterested in seeing te movie!

Now after watching the Japanese trailer I am scratching my head as to what the hell they showed me in the USA version! They are like 2 completely different movies!?!?

Who is in charge of marketing and trailers? They need to be fired!
Disney marketing sucks when it comes to non-Pixar movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom