Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Commando

Hey! A bus thread! Here's my thoughts on what Disney could do other than just adding a ton of buses:

-Shade at bus stops that don't have shade. When there are 2800 rooms at Pop paying $100+ a night, you can't tell me there's no money for awnings over the bus stops! Umbrellas! Something! It's not even a "resort amenity" issue, it's a guest courtesy issue. Nobody likes waiting for their bus in the sun when it's 90 degrees and 90% humidity at 10:30 A.M.
-Queues at bus stops that don't have queues. Sure, it's a nice idea that the "civilized" people at the deluxes and moderates don't need queues like the unwashed masses at the value resorts, but it just doesn't work in real life. I experienced a long wait for a bus from AKL to MK around the time MSEP and Wishes was about to happen, so the bus stop got pretty crowded. And more crowded. Finally, the MK bus showed up... and it was half full of people from Kidani! It got all "Lord of the Flies" up in there. All that was missing was the polite Japanese men in white gloves to shove everyone in.
-Wait time screens (accurate ones). It's a lot easier to take a 20 minute wait if you know it's going to be 20 minutes when you start.
-One stop per bus, except during the slow times. Circling around the Boardwalk area resorts could easily take just as much time as actually driving to whatever your destination is... it sucks, and there should be enough money flowing into those resorts that there shouldn't be a Y&B/Boardwalk/Swan & Dolphin or Contemporary/Poly/Grand Flo route unless you're leaving Raglan Road at 2 A.M.

PhotoDave219

I don't see how it can be altered or even why it should be. That is the price paid for riding the bus. It's filled with people you don't know and it is, but design, slow and time consuming. Want to go faster? Use a car, otherwise it certainly is acceptable and expected. Mass transit doesn't work by only taking a few people at a time. It becomes more efficient when the numbers of riders are high. That is what offsets the high cost of operation, and believe me it is very high cost. The cost of a single bus is high enough, but, in the overall scheme of things, it is just the tip of the iceberg. Fuel is, at least, 3 times more expensive then it was when the system started.

For the premium price I pay for Disney, I expect premium entertainment & premium service.

PhotoDave219

Naturally, you simply must have photos and video of the same show Disney has shown since 2008 for your Lifestyle site or else you aren't committed (although you probably should be!) to your 'work'.

I'm not sure when the show changed to its current incarnation - ask Martin.

Side note - does adding sparkles to an Instagram photo make you a professional? (Asking for a friend)

spaceghost

Nope.

Disney has very little interest in Dr. Jones either in the cinema or in its parks.

tumblr_m7y9iynrKM1qcm16uo1_500.jpg

Animaniac93-98

Disney already has mutliple Indy attractions in their parks including one (well, two) that's among their very best work. I don't blame WDC/WDI for not being interested in doing more with him.

EDIT: although it would be nice to see a proper Temple of Doom coaster.

spaceghost

That plays into a stereotype that folks in the south are lazier. I don't like it. And I can tell you there are racial overtones (not talking about YOU, but about the general use). But there is lots of truth in that as well and I have seen and experienced it many times over.

That said, I recall years ago walking into an In N Out burger that had just opened in Las Vegas and it was full of smiling happy and friendly teens. The starting wage was about $14 an hour. ... You do get what you pay for.

Yes, I am old enough to recall the Atlanta Flames and the New Orleans Jazz ... and smiling, happy, friendly AND THIN WDW CMs.

Giving this a like just for the In-N-Out Burger shout out. Sometimes I lay awake at night struggling with the eternal question: Five Guys or In-N-Out? (First world issues, I know...)

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Or some like to say.....See U next Tuesday.
About 5-6 years ago, I used to mind my niece every Tuesday morning. On her way out the door after hugging me good-bye, she would holler, "Good-bye, Auntie Jen - see you next Tuesday". It would always crack up my dad who was picking her up and take her to Burger King for her "Did you behave chicken sandwich?"
Gosh, I miss my dad.

Computer Magic

My thing is this: I can't imagine being a new guest and shown this pile of mediocrity. The bus service alone would make me not come back.
I totally agree. I remember our first trip in 1995 and a bus arrived every 20 minutes. there is no way a bus arrives every 20 minutes today. I stated in a bus thread, I think some of the reason is strollers and scooters slowing things down. Not to mention the buses are smaller. AKL, My favorite place to stay has lost it touch due to buses and the DVC addition.

flynnibus

Premium Member
but let's go after the individual who is just trying to bite off a little bit more of the fallacy of the American Dream for themselves and their families.

The same people crying bloody murder and I'm a victim - while people like me have been living within my means and working my tail off to get ahead? Yeah, why would I be upset at those kind of people...

I was the type of guy screaming 'A housing correction?? YES PLEASE!'

Texas84

The idea of going transcontinental on a 737 was unheard of 15 years ago, but now it is standard and I don't know how people do it. Those planes aren't really comfortable in First Class. ... it's sorta like taking a 757 across the Atlantic, which I did once, but at least that was in Continental's Business First.
Southwest will be flying the new 37s to Hawaii. Can't stand the 57, even in first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom