Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor

I saw MoS last night. I liked it, and my dad absolutely loved it. I did think the flashback sequences were a nice touch and were a good way to break up the definitely extensive action sequences. Though the way Kevin Costner died... My dad and I laughed. It's sounds horrible, but I'm from the Midwest. Tornado warnings/watches are part of life here. And we love our animals but not enough to run back into an F5 tornado for them. Kind of lessened the emotional impact of that moment for me.

Anyways... I could see the way the film lacked a bit of heart as others have said. They needed some more character development and maybe at least one or two scenes of Lois/Clark just talking to one another to better establish that relationship. I think it was very apparent Warner's was scared to put too little action in, as that was one of the main criticisms of the last one. The result was that they put a bit too much in.

I am glad they went with a different villian than Lex, and I didnt even mind the ending since this movie was more about Superman learning to be Superman than being the Boy Scout he is when he is well established. And Henry Cavill is one seriously fine looking man ;). I look forward to what they do in sequels, and this is from a gal who has never been a huge fan of Superman.
And when he told people to get under the freeway me and my dad just looked at each other in disbelief worse spot possible to be at!

bubbles1812

And when he told people to get under the freeway me and my dad just looked at each other in disbelief worse spot possible to be at!
Ahahaha. I forgot about that. Yeah, I looked at my dad the same way. No way you live in Kansas and don't know that. Overpasses during a tornado = Wind tunnels = Injury and death.

crispy

I am trying to figure out why ssssooo much planning has to go into going to WDW even for the first time?

I think it's crazy not to plan especially when you haven't been to Disney before. We never visited Disney when I was growing up so I literally had no idea of how big Disney was or that there even were separate theme parks the first time I visited. Fortunately, I went with friends who had visited several times before or I would have been completely lost. While there are definitely obsessive overplanners, I think it's pretty silly not to plan because you will end up wasting a lot of time and money.

Animaniac93-98

I just find it bizarre how quickly summer movies are in and out these days ...

I'm used to it at this point, but it's not really good for movies to become "old history" so fast. Even MOS will be considered that in 10 days time when White House Down, Lone Ranger, Despicable Me 2 and whatever else is out by then.

And speaking of crowded Summer movie seasons, did you hear about Maleficent having its release date switched from March to July of 2014? Can't see the movie doing better then, but Disney wants to prematurely re-release Sleeping Beauty to video in October and get DCP on board to hype all things related to those two for the second half of 2014.

ParentsOf4

I was just surprised no one had mentioned the cuts yet, but I realize they are busy obsessing over Starbucks ruining the MK (guess what? Disney did that itself over the last 15 years)
The reduction in hours was discussed on a few threads several months ago although I don't recall them being discussed recently.

It's yet another example of WDW nickel-and-diming its "guests".

I supposed I'd be more sympathetic if we saw it in lower ticket prices or CMs were paid more, but I think it's pretty obvious where the money is going.

Nemo14

I think it's crazy not to plan especially when you haven't been to Disney before. We never visited Disney when I was growing up so I literally had no idea of how big Disney was or that there evem were separate theme parks the first time I visited. Fortunately, I went with friends who had visited several times before or I would have been completely lost. While there are definitely obsessive overplanners, I think it's pretty silly not to plan because you will end up wasting a lot of time and money.

There's a big difference between planning and scheduling every minute.

bubbles1812

I think it's crazy not to plan especially when you haven't been to Disney before. We never visited Disney when I was growing up so I literally had no idea of how big Disney was or that there evem were separate theme parks the first time I visited. Fortunately, I went with friends who had visited several times before or I would have been completely lost. While there are definitely obsessive overplanners, I think it's pretty silly not to plan because you will end up wasting a lot of time and money.
I would agree that it is crazy not to plan/do research for a Disney vacation (or really any vacation for that matter), but how complicated does it have to get before it becomes too complicated? I think Disney is approaching that line, and for some guests, it wouldn't surprise me if they've been pushed past it. Vacation planning shouldn't be reducing people to tears because it is so complicated to figure out (and on a website that works about as well as if a 10 year old had created it no less). I would hate to be a first time WDW attendee right now.

BryceM

And god, what he did to "Avatar, The Last Airbender"....:mad:
I refuse to ever watch that garbage. I remember seeing a positive review on it, praising M. Night for creating the whole world, the characters, and the story. I really wanted to reach through my computer screen and slap the author of the review.

Computer Magic

Has nothing to do with guests. I've never known people to not want to be in the parks at night, especially in the miserable Florida summers. Disney saves a tremendous amount of money in labor by snipping an hour here or a few hours there.

I was just surprised no one had mentioned the cuts yet, but I realize they are busy obsessing over Starbucks ruining the MK (guess what? Disney did that itself over the last 15 years)
Interesting, as you know, this isn't the first time Disney tried to do away with EMH. They brought the characters to the resorts. Yeah, that went over well. Disney is like our freedom, no one cares or notices it going away here and there. Until one day, people say what the H.ell happened as its gone.

WDWFigment

... This isn't news, but I haven't seen it mentioned here yet so TDL will be getting a show similar to DLP's Disney Dreams in 2014 (to follow up on the 30th since they continually ADD and FRESHEN the product in Tokyo) that will be called Once Upon a Time. At TDS they are (sadly) killing the wonderful Mythica show with no replacement announced yet (although there will be one) in '14 as well and the Mermaid show will be getting a major redo/rethinking. ...

I heard about this last week and someone described the whole announcement as being "another" part of the OLC's aggressive 5 year cost-cutting plan. This person would know what they're talking about, and it's not the first time I've heard mention of TDR making cuts.

The Tokyo product is still leagues above anything we're seeing in the states, but I am a little concerned that 10 years from now, we might look back at right now (or a year or two ago) and view that as the "glory years" of TDR much the same way we look back at early-1990s WDW now.

Eliminating Mythica (one of the most gorgeous pieces of Disney entertainment) without an immediate replacement is a bit puzzling if it's not being done to cut costs. On the other hand, it sounds like Mermaid is receiving a nice upgrade and the projection show will fill a serious gap in the nighttime entertainment lineup.

Due to cultural pride and the guest demographic, I can't see TDR ever truly slipping, but it is a bit concerning to me...

Tom

Beta Return
Too early to tell. WAY WAY WAY too early. If this project is announced it still is subject to TDO cost cutting.

Besides, if they actually do add something in the "backlot" corner of the park, that means one or more existing attractions will first be removed, thus reducing overall capacity.

For there to be any real hope to reduce wait times at other DHS attractions, total ride/attraction capacity in the park must be increased.

the.dreamfinder

How much do you guys think will the potential new Cars dark ride affect TSM wait times?

I think it will help a little, but not enough since it's a low capacity, 40'' height requirement attraction. If they were to build Maters and a LPS bumper car version of Luigi's as well, then that will make a good dent in TSM wait times. It's really pointless to build CarsLand without supporting C Tickets because RSR will just become another TSM in that park.

the.dreamfinder

Besides, if they actually do add something in the "backlot" corner of the park, that means one or more existing attractions will first be removed, thus reducing overall capacity.

For there to be any real hope to reduce wait times at other DHS attractions, total ride/attraction capacity in the park must be increased.

They also need to build more rides without/low height requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom