Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignohippo

Two things, first off @Skip gets post of the day. Second, where did this Muppet dark ride thing start?

Back when Muppetvision 3d was created, the whole area around it was going to be a Muppets mini-land. There was a Muppets ride planned and folklore says it was going where Pizza Planet now resides. I think the idea that it may happen now is because The Muppets are gaining in popularity again and Pizza Planet belongs in Pixar Place (which would that building available for a Muppets ride.

The most likely scenario, IMO, is that a true Pizza Planet could be built in Pixar Place and the current Pizza Planet would simply be re-themed (without much cost) to The Muppets.

Pixiedustmaker

Just throwing this out there. Would the DHS parking lot have to be expanded after the park expands?

DCA construction project was very well choreographed to keep pretty much everything open, except when things had to get new skins like the stuff in Paradise Pier, and keeping the strip mall that was Sunshine Plaza open was not a priority, or Sunshine Plaza.

Here is what I would do:

1. Construct new parking lot opposite World Drive and build a small overpass for World Drive with at grade tunnel to DHS for tram.
2. Open new parking lot with tram service under World Drive to DHS. (Yes, this is suitable land earmarked for DHS expansion).
3. Shutdown old parking lot, put up construction trailers, start on StarWarsland/Carsland and build away while guests happily visit DHS undisturbed.
4. Open new land about 3 years later.
5. Close Backlot permanently at some future point, and put in a Pixar ride . . . perhaps five years after new land opens, or sooner if needed (USF Potterland 2.0 is a motivating factor.)

What is the price of a new surface parking lot and an overpass type structure with a new turn-off when compared to a big parking garage? I'm not sure which one is more expensive, I'm guessing parking garage, plus a surface lot may be easier to maintain and less of an eyesore.

Sure, we don't like the older rides, but they do keep guests occupied, no reason not to utilize them as long as possible.

Pixiedustmaker

Back when Muppetvision 3d was created, the whole area around it was going to be a Muppets mini-land. There was a Muppets ride planned and folklore says it was going where Pizza Planet now resides. I think the idea that it may happen now is because The Muppets are gaining in popularity again and Pizza Planet belongs in Pixar Place (which would that building available for a Muppets ride.

The most likely scenario, IMO, is that a true Pizza Planet could be built in Pixar Place and the current Pizza Planet would simply be re-themed (without much cost) to The Muppets.

They were going to do a Muppets Square with a Muppets Movie Ride . . . I'd like that, but the realist in me doubts that will happen. But it would have awesome, IMO . . . they did add some more Muppet theming in DCA. I think though they are going with the other "M" as in Monstropolis for this area.

Taylor

Just like I predicted (in my mind) people are going crazy over this. But it's no ones fault we are craving for just a morsel of news on a project and its created a monster.

Pixiedustmaker

Just like I predicted (in my mind) people are going crazy over this. But it's no ones fault we are craving for just a morsel of news on a project and its created a monster.

WDW fans have seen a lot of amazing construction projects:

1. Carsland
2. Potterland
3. Potterland 2.0
4. Transformers

That Niles guy at themeparkinsider reporter this . . . ludicrous (?) number of projects at DHS by concluding that "finally" Disney has struck back at Uni. Seems like a frustrated fan blowing off steam, and wanting to pressure Disney to do one of the three fan ideas for an addition to DHS. Then everybody here piles on with what they don't like about DHS and want removed . . . and strangely don't like the idea of something built in the parking lot.

PhotoDave219

That Niles guy at themeparkinsider reporter this . . . ludicrous (?) number of projects at DHS by concluding that "finally" Disney has struck back at Uni. Seems like a frustrated fan blowing off steam, and wanting to pressure Disney to do one of the three fan ideas for an addition to DHS. Then everybody here piles on with what they don't like about DHS and want removed . . . and strangely don't like the idea of something built in the parking lot.

You're not helping the situation.

Pixiedustmaker

You're not helping the situation.

Doesn't really matter what is said on a fan forum . . . one of many. You can't go to a board meeting and say that you heard some anonymous people on a fan forum don't like DHS and the company needs to spend $1.5 billion or whatever the amount is.

They do surveys, track every little thing guests do, do projections, market analysis, and then make a five year plan.

People here have been complaining about the hat for a while . . . the hat still seems to be there. I think that fan forums let a small complaint become magnified over the years, and aren't necessarily a legitimate picture of what the average guest wants.

HenryMystic

This entire rumor/threads have the feel of "Bob Iger and George Lucas are here to announce a Star Wars Land!"
I think a better comparison would be last summer's "Universal is tearing down Soundstage 44 for a year round haunted house."

Someone had the insiders snowed on that one. Something similar could be happening here, but it is apparent that DHS needs work. Like you said, we'll see.

lazyboy97o

WDW fans have seen a lot of amazing construction projects:

1. Carsland
2. Potterland
3. Potterland 2.0
4. Transformers

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201112/2824/

PhotoDave219

Doesn't really matter what is said on a fan forum . . . one of many. You can't go to a board meeting and say that you some anonymous people on a fan forum don't like DHS and the company needs to spend $1.5 billion or whatever the amount is.

They do surveys, track every little thing guests do, do projections, market analysis, and then make a five year plan.

People here have been complaining about the hat for a while . . . the hat still seems to be there. I think that fan forums let a small complaint become magnified over the years, and aren't necessarily a legitimate picture of what the average guest wants.

Why is it that everytime anyone has called you out on your (POOH!) that you instantly change the topic or the conversation?

When I say "You're not helping" I'm referring to you not quelling any rumors or speculation that you're openly complaining about, rather you're doing the opposite and inflaming the situation.

I'm interested in fact and the only fact we have is that there are proposals that include potential SW & Carsland expansions at DHS. Nothing more.

PhotoDave219

I think a better comparison would be last summer's "Universal is tearing down Soundstage 44 for a year round haunted house."

Someone had the insiders snowed on that one. Something similar could be happening here, but it is apparent that DHS needs work. Like you said, we'll see.

I think that SOMETHING will happen but there's no way we've gotten the entire scope over the past two days. Or any scope at all beyond what someone alleges they saw in a proposal.

The thing with sources is that sometimes theyre wrong. They could be insiders, they could have a fantastic track record but sometimes they get bad information and pass it on.

So until I hear that they've allocated money and signed contracts, I'll remain skeptical.

Pixiedustmaker

Why is it that everytime anyone has called you out on your (POOH!) that you instantly change the topic or the conversation?

When I say "You're not helping" I'm referring to you not quelling any rumors or speculation that you're openly complaining about, rather you're doing the opposite and inflaming the situation.

I'm interested in fact and the only fact we have is that there are proposals that include potential SW & Carsland expansions at DHS. Nothing more.

? I don't think it is at all proven that there are "proposals" on some table somewhere at Burbank. WDI constantly comes up blue sky stuff, that's different from Burbank getting close to a decision. If the rumors are completely false, i.e. didin't originate at Disney, then we don't "have" anything.

I didn't start these rumors, which appear to be bogus. It seems that getting fans hopes up, and then crashing them on the rocks of despair is "inflaming" things. I don't see a sign that says, "don't dispel or criticize wild rumors because some very sensitive people might get very upset."

PhotoDave219

? I don't think it is at all proven that there are "proposals" on some table somewhere at Burbank. WDI constantly comes up blue sky stuff, that's different from Burbank getting close to a decision. If the rumors are completely false, i.e. didin't originate at Disney, then we don't "have" anything.

I didn't start these rumors, which appear to be bogus. It seems that getting fans hopes up, and then crashing them on the rocks of despair is "inflaming" things. I don't see a sign that says, "don't dispel or criticize wild rumors because some very sensitive people might get very upset."

I'm just curious, what color is the sky in your world? You might be one of the most delusional people Ive had the misfortune to interact with.

pheneix

I'm just curious, what color is the sky in your world? You might be one of the most delusional people Ive had the misfortune to interact with.

This has been one of the most amusing weekends I've ever spent on the Internet. There should be enough quote material on these threads to get a lazy newspaper editor by for at least two slow news days. Maybe even three.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
DCA construction project was very well choreographed to keep pretty much everything open, except when things had to get new skins like the stuff in Paradise Pier, and keeping the strip mall that was Sunshine Plaza open was not a priority, or Sunshine Plaza.

Here is what I would do:

1. Construct new parking lot opposite World Drive and build a small overpass for World Drive with at grade tunnel to DHS for tram.
2. Open new parking lot with tram service under World Drive to DHS. (Yes, this is suitable land earmarked for DHS expansion).
3. Shutdown old parking lot, put up construction trailers, start on StarWarsland/Carsland and build away while guests happily visit DHS undisturbed.
4. Open new land about 3 years later.
5. Close Backlot permanently at some future point, and put in a Pixar ride . . . perhaps five years after new land opens, or sooner if needed (USF Potterland 2.0 is a motivating factor.)

What is the price of a new surface parking lot and an overpass type structure with a new turn-off when compared to a big parking garage? I'm not sure which one is more expensive, I'm guessing parking garage, plus a surface lot may be easier to maintain and less of an eyesore.

Sure, we don't like the older rides, but they do keep guests occupied, no reason not to utilize them as long as possible.

Maybe you should look into the WED "Think Different" challenge, rather than spouting this as fact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom