Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW1974

Original Poster
And, no, I am not a blogger. Just another wife of a blogger jumping onto the bandwagon. My thoughts frequently get put into his posts, but I am not mentioned by name. I really can't say for sure if you are familiar with his work, and it doesn't really matter who he is, does it? I'm just part of the community by default, with a shared love of the parks.

no one is talking about your husband here with this group at all ... Read back a few (dozen?) pages and you'll clearly see that ...Disney hates him, so relax!

wannab@dis

I see the jealously still runs strong. Someone gets something that others didn't and the attacking starts. The personal attacks in this thread are outrageous. From the normal "" attacks that happen all the time to calling them mentally ill, making fun of them, talking about their clothes. I was taught a simple word for the behavior of these people... bully. This little clique just has to band together and bully others. I guess they think it makes them better than others, but the opposite is actually the truth. I pity you.

The hilarious part is that the primary driver is always talking about how he never pays, gets free meals, gets free tickets, etc. But if someone else gets something, attack them and get the echo chamber started.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Or... why would anyone think professional journalists are the only category of people that should be given access or special perks?

Hence the problem in this debate some keep bringing back up. They know how journalists are supposed to behave.. yet can't accept that not everyone aspires to be a journalist... nor does a company only have to cater to journalists. Social Media is a different beast... and while some web based enterprises aspire to be a new type of journalist... with objectivity and independence - not all do. There is more than one type of 'website' out there.

Who thinks @WDW1974 disclosed all those unpaid drinks he had when he was schmoozing and networking with TWDC staff while he was working in his earlier days? I'm sure had more than water...

Disclosed? Who was I supposed to disclose anything to, Flynn? When friends that were/are working at the company are wining and dining me based upon my friendship, and with nothing in return from me other than my friendship, what would that have to do with anything?

When say Michael Eisner bought me a drink because of who I am and who he is, ....nah ...

Nice try at at a low blow. Try again.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Reading some tweets from people listening in on the Universal conference call.

Universal wants to get to 10-15,000 hotel rooms asap
USO attendence is up 20% most weeks since Transformers opened
They want to add at least 1 attraction per year in Orlando and Hollywood for the forseeable future.

Sounds like they took some subtle shots at Disney along the way.

A lot of this confirms what 74 has been saying.

Yes. And one would hope that NEWS does not get lost in this social media banter.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Disclosed? Who was I supposed to disclose anything to, Flynn? When friends that were/are working at the company are wining and dining me based upon my friendship, and with nothing in return from me other than my friendship, what would that have to do with anything?

Nothing to do with the entertainment beat... and how you linked up those friends to start.. ok...

WDWDad13

@WDW1974

if you truly have issues with anyone who blogs about Disney or works for the Orlando sentinel... why don't you start your own nega-fanboy blog to counter them?

I honestly cannot understand why you have so much beef against these fans of Disney who like to talk about what they love. Just because they don't b#+ch and moan when they post doesn't mean they shouldn't be doing it. I can't figure out if it's jealousy or if it's just that they aren't as negative about Disney as you?

this isn't a personal shot my any means... I just cannot figure out why you are so bitter about everything Disney

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
You allowed that? He isn't a CM and doesn't have a right to simply tape you ...

Sure he does... he was out in a place of public accommodation with no expectation of privacy. What he does with the tape is subject to other limitations depending on how it's used.

janoimagine

talking about their clothes.

Your absolutely right. Yes, I will go after them for this ... dress codes are in place for a reason, and furthermore if you are at an event, even if that event is creative black tie, you get yourself cleaned up and dressed up. Especially if you want to be taken seriously in your profession, its simple, you dress the part.

And yes, I have a huge problem when my wife and I are on vacation at a resturant that claims to be 4 or 5 stars, claims to have a dress code, is costing roughtly $150-200 and the people at the table next to me are wearing cut off jeans and tank tops and leave the staff at 10% tip, that is complete garbage.

WDW1974

Original Poster
This is where @WDW1974 thinks their strategy is all wrong and they are wasting their time and resources. I think people are entitled to their own opinion on the effectivness of this type of marketing. Measuring effectiveness in that space is a bit of 'major leaps' and 'assumptions' to start with.

But that should be separate from the attacks on people because some think everyone needs to be a journalist.

I have made my opinion abundantly clear regarding the way Disney chooses to engage in social media ...you can engage your fans and customers and not come off as smarmy and slimy and fake.

Disney opts for BRAND advocates that shout down the fans with legit concerns. Go watch Duncan Wardle's video.

No, I certainly do not believe everyone writing about WDW needs to be a journalist ...far bigger things for them to be working on most of the time.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I went to a lot of free places by a lot of companies... And it was never for doing their bidding, and it sure as hell wasn't ever because we were trying to get it. They knew where their bread was buttered. We weren't doing a service specifically for those gifts, it was a business they wanted a piece of. You should have seen the things we passed up!

So by your own definition...
I'm making a simple statement that once you accept gifts and perks, you are automatically tainted, in my eyes.

you're tainted. That's a mighty fine glass house you have there misterID

Your standards for Disney bloggers are quite impressive...

WDW1974

Original Poster
lets see... following them on twitter when they don't use twitter themselves... for the purpose of only keeping tabs on their activities.
Finding their activities revolting... yet you continue go back for more...
bringing up the topic independently... what... dozens of times?
following and taking in details about their personal lives...

certainly more than just a casual crossing of topics.

You seem to enjoy the topic.

Of course, you have never seen a topic that you didn't like to argue about or that you didn't think you knew more about it than everyone/anyone else.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Your absolutely right. Yes, I will go after them for this ... dress codes are in place for a reason, and furthermore if you are at an event, even if that event is creative black tie, you get yourself cleaned up and dressed up. Especially if you want to be taken seriously in your profession, its simple, you dress the part.

Then your anger should be focused at Disney.... not joining in with the likes of @TP2000 who pick apart their wardrobe and personal lives...

Most of those folks don't look like the types to even own a sport coat, let alone a proper suit coat. The polo shirts and short sleeve collared shirts that were ironed in Kissimmee apartments by their own wearers a few hours before this event likely pass for "upscale" dress attire for this Lifestyle Blogger demographic.

Instead of focusing on Disney's lack of dress code enforcement.. the mob turns and mocks the people.

Whose job is it to protect your vacation and 4/5 star dining experience? Disney.

Funmeister

Safe to say that 15,000 rooms are not to fully support what Uni currently has...but what they are about to get? This announcement is the first domino for something bigger...much bigger. I think they are laying the infrastructure to accommodate more guests.

Would Disney build 10,000+ rooms based on NextGen? Nope.

Sure NextGen is designed to get more out of guests and they WILL lose some night stay casualties to Universal.

Things are about to get really interesting!

flynnibus

Premium Member
You seem to enjoy the topic.

I call'em as I see 'em.

Of course, you have never seen a topic that you didn't like to argue about or that you didn't think you knew more about it than everyone/anyone else.

There are plenty of topics I say out of. I stay out of stuff I have no knowledge about (a lesson many could learn from..). Maybe we just have more overlap than you'd like in our experiences.

Last edited:

wannab@dis

And yes, I have a huge problem when my wife and I are on vacation at a resturant that claims to be 4 or 5 stars, claims to have a dress code, is costing roughtly $150-200 and the people at the table next to me are wearing cut off jeans and tank tops and leave the staff at 10% tip, that is complete garbage.
Funny, I saw the video that everyone was making fun of and I didn't see any cut off jeans and tank tops...

Here is Disney's dress code for California Grill...

Men may wear khakis, slacks, jeans or dress shorts and collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.

Please, point out in that video where someone wasn't adhering to the dress code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom