Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
how do we know they have loaded 1 million riders... uh oh... data mining... they are collecting data... how dare they... we should boycott... I blame NextGen
Dear oh dear....

Probably by photocells at the ride entrance that every attraction in the main Orlando parks has and has had for decades.

To the other question, one of the four elevators keeps stalling. It's being worked on.

RyenDeckard

Um...I hate to say it but waiting for a bus for hours on end is already deterring guests from exploring the entire resort. The "spread out" WDW model no longer works. If it did then DLP, HKDL, TDL and Shanghai would all have adopted it.

That's not a great example as all of the resorts you mentioned are hard pressed for space, Orlando is the only place TDC was able to get a massive amount of land because they did it in secret and it was a swampland when they did.

bubbles1812

FunSpot?

look... we all hold Disney to a higher standard than any other... I get it... but there is no need to jump ship and yell Armageddon
If everyone had jumped ship... there would be no one here. An yet you notice, people continue to post. They ain't leavin'. You seem to not know the difference between negativity and legitimate criticism.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyenDeckard

if Disney built Transformers and it had as many problems as it does right now at Uni... everyone would be upset and thinking Disney is going to shut the doors and go under

If Disney built Transformers in under a year, I don't think anybody would have an issue with it having technical issues. People have issues with the way Disney is being run because it's being run poorly. Universal has it's share of issues as well (security, guest service, express pass, ride maintenance, aging attractions), but Universal is actively taking steps to correct their issues while Disney is receding into doing what Universal used to do.

RyenDeckard

how do we know they have loaded 1 million riders... uh oh... data mining... they are collecting data... how dare they... we should boycott... I blame NextGen

That's not what Data Mining is, what NGE does is Data Mining. Making estimations/using sensors to see how many people board a ride is data. Having people input their personal data and then be tracked throughout the park using said data is data mining.

RyenDeckard

someone tag me please when you all come to your senses and stop trying to convince someone with their eyes closed. pages upon pages of just rehashes..

You're right, but I haven't slept and typing on my mechanical keyboard feels really, really good!

Some suggested reading.... http://www.rcid.org/ and their history.

I appreciate the replies and understand what you're saying, but I'm a big fan of cyberpunk and Reedy Creek/Disney just reek of Shadowrun style corporations. Sorry, but that's just how I feel about it.

DougK

That's not what Data Mining is, what NGE does is Data Mining. Making estimations/using sensors to see how many people board a ride is data. Having people input their personal data and then be tracked throughout the park using said data is data mining.

Yes basically Universal knows they have had over a million guests board Transformers so far. Disney would know all of their names, their gross annual incomes, their credit card numbers, their favorite characters, etc!

tissandtully

Yes basically Universal knows they have had over a million guests board Transformers so far. Disney would know all of their names, their gross annual incomes, their credit card numbers, their favorite characters, etc!

What has the average wait time for Transformers been? I'm going to ride it for the first time on Saturday after I buy my new Universal AP :)

WDWDad13

I just don't understand all the negativity. Why can't we all just go to ORLANDO and have a good time and enjoy what everyone has to offer for us. Beer's on me (as long as its not butterbeer lol)

Funmeister

That's not a great example as all of the resorts you mentioned are hard pressed for space, Orlando is the only place TDC was able to get a massive amount of land because they did it in secret and it was a swampland when they did.

Correct...in the late 1960's. Who is hard pressed for space? I have not heard any projects being cancelled because of lack of space. The only one that is hard up for space are Uni Hollywood and Uni Orlando and both of those are about to solve those problems.

It is bad business to have people out of "spending mode" when they are sitting waiting for a bus.

For example take four guests and send them to Universal and IOA for four hours. Take the same four guests and send them to the MK and ANY other Disney theme park of your liking. Which scenario has the guest potential to spend more money? Wait in less lines? and experience more shows and attractions?

A short walk from Universal to IOA ? 5 to 10 minutes
Monorail from MK to Epcot? No less than 20+ minutes in BEST CASE SCENARIO INCLUDING NO LINES AND A TRAIN WAITING WITH DOORS OPEN AT TTC TO GO TO EPCOT

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Can we stop filling up a good thread with nonsense? Please?

Preach.

I get there's going to be back and forth, (I'm guilty myself) but I'd think this thread would be best served with @WDW1974 posts and questions regarding those posts. We might keep this down to under a 100 pages of actual viable information.

You know what? We really need a whole other section on these forums called:

"Two Sides to Everything: Battlezone"
Or
"Pixie Dusters vs.Doom n' Gloomers: Fight to the Death"

no moderators -- everyone can go in there and blow off steam, hurt each others feelings and continue on with their day. I think we would also need some new emoticons ;)

WDWDad13

If you went in the 80s and early 90s you'd get it.

Now you're paying more for less, when others offer what Disney used to lead at.

I did. Loved it then love it now. Times change things change offering change. Do I think they need to step it up {%^> YES but I can still have a good time just like millions of other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom