Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalkingHead

Why is it that if a guy wants to meet Jasmine, it's creepy, but women who want to meet Tarzan aren't? As long as said guy doesn't do something stupid like try to stick his hand down her top, it's fine.

I'd say either way they're both a little creepy. Never understood the fascination with meeting a "princess" or a "prince." Like, you get to walk up to a (usually) semi-attractive CMs working for Walmart wages...and what? Pretend you're going to sleep with them?

I would be interested if there was a bar of some sort in the parks where the characters would hang out and you could try picking them up. That'd even be worth a FP+ reservation.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I have yet to discover one single way that my vacation will be positively impacted.
Not one.

But that's just me....

not just you, but you could have bad aspects ... Just say, for example, a Spirited pal was to arrange entrance for you and the Mrs into WDW via a Maingate. You will now be stuck at one park all day with no ability to parkhop unless my 'pal' finds your company worth sticking around for (something highly unlikely, although DD raises your likeability quotient by 10 points). And, it goes without saying, but no FP+ for you for anything of substance.

luv

Unhealthy addictions are just that. Sure, Disney is probably better than crystal meth, prostitutes or gambling.
But that doesn't make it normal or healthy.
It isn't healthy. That's why it's called mental illness. But they have no more control over it than a person with cancer has of things growing in their body or a skinny guy has over the fact that he can't build up, no matter how many weights he lifts or protein powders he swallows (and if you're one of those guys, lol, there is no way I could know it and I'm so not singling anyone out there - just an example!)

We all are what we are. Some of us are gifted, talented and lucky. Some of us aren't. Most of us shine in a unique way, somewhere.

I haven't waited to greet a character since my son stopped and that was about ten years ago. But if some guy who goes to the parks every day wants to stand around to meet Flik, I have no problem with that. He didn't hurt me. He isn't hurting anyone.

They can't help it. They're doing their best with what God (or fate or Mother Nature) gave them. We all are. :)

luv

I didn't mean to get off topic. I'm sorry about that but just so people understand what I mean. When I think in terms of problematic mental illness I was thinking more in terms of "Silence of the Lambs" or maybe "Criminal Minds" type stuff.Obviously I realize these are fiction. Now of course I don't know what is truly is in someone's mind or what their intentions might be but I would not allow it to be my child that found out the hard way. Basically you go your way and I'll go mine.
I didn't suggest you entrust your children to the mentally ill, lol. My son would not have spent the night at Michael Jackson's house!

And I've had problems working up sympathy for people who have committed acts of violence. There have been a few where I just couldn't do it...though I think they were more evil than mentally ill, but whether there is a difference...that's an argument that never ends.

My heart has had to mend many times after hearing what has happened with (or to) the children of the seriously mentally ill.

I'm just saying that as long as they're being harmless...and the Daily Disney thing is pretty harmless...I have no problem with it. I wish them well. I hope it brings them happiness, which I think we all deserve.

luv

They put it out online for the entire world to see.
I have never seen those blogs...and I don't want to. I wish them well, but have no desire to read it. I've looked up elope online before. One of them actually used her diagnosis in her screen names. bipoMary56...I made the Mary and number up, but no joke, she put it in her screen name. Unless it was related to my work, I stopped reading that stuff.

But that certainly explains it! Thanks! :)

And m sorry for monopolizing your thread with my crap. I'll stop. :)

Tod&BigMamaOdie

They put it out online for the entire world to see.
I'm mostly kidding when I say this but you are seeking out the information that these lifestylers, whom you consider mentally ill, post (kind of data-mining in a sense) for what benefit? Who's mentally ill again?

Seriously, I'm just kidding. But somehow it's funny in my head...

StarWarsGirl

How about...thoughts on the charging stations?

Personally, I like the concept, but feel that the Tangled Restroom area was a waste of space. I think it would have been better if they had given her a meet-and-great there. Or better yet, a dark ride. But I love the tower for the view. I also think the problem with the charging stations is I'm not going to sit around for however long it takes for my device to charge. I charge my batteries on the iPod and phone every night. If they're gone, they're gone. I conserve during the day and have never run out of battery. And I think they should have made the area covered so you could get some shade or hide from the rain. A quick service kiosk might work there as well.

Funmeister

How about...thoughts on the charging stations?

Personally, I like the concept, but feel that the Tangled Restroom area was a waste of space. I think it would have been better if they had given her a meet-and-great there. Or better yet, a dark ride. But I love the tower for the view. I also think the problem with the charging stations is I'm not going to sit around for however long it takes for my device to charge. I charge my batteries on the iPod and phone every night. If they're gone, they're gone. I conserve during the day and have never run out of battery. And I think they should have made the area covered so you could get some shade or hide from the rain. A quick service kiosk might work there as well.

Footers for the Matterhorn are still back behind it...maybe.....just maybe.....nah.

71jason

I'd say either way they're both a little creepy.

More than a little. But every theme park performer has stalkers. Even Jungle Cruise skippers. The stories you hear living down here ...

I would be interested if there was a bar of some sort in the parks where the characters would hang out and you could try picking them up. That'd even be worth a FP+ reservation.

Uhm, it's called the Alehouse. My buddy and I ran into a table of "Ariels" once. Of course, within 2 minutes you realize they're essentially Hooters girls but with lower wages--but hey, live the dream.

71jason

I'm mostly kidding when I say this but you are seeking out the information that these lifestylers, whom you consider mentally ill, post (kind of data-mining in a sense) for what benefit? Who's mentally ill again?

Seriously, I'm just kidding. But somehow it's funny in my head...

The Spirit specifically has said many times he's debating writing a book on mental illness and Disney. Which many of will pre-order the day it pops on on Amazon.

In general, it's hard to discuss Disney online without acknowledging them when so much of the information online comes from "lifestyler" blogs. They are the elephant in the room.

WDW1974

Original Poster
REAL SPIRITED NEWS***

OK, here goes. TDO management has been pulling its collective hair out over the NGE rollout. That is fact. That also isn't news. This is.

Last week, a top WDW dog fed up over massive issues with MM+ walked in and fired all the coders. I am trying to get clarification on whether the entire coding team (meaning everyone) was replaced or just a particular group due to frustration over the pace of rollout. I believe it was the entire team.

WDW1974

Original Poster
NEWS COMING SOON

GAC changes. Hint: I love what I am hearing.

But I don't weigh 450 pounds and drive an ECV, have a made up anxiety issue that allows me to visit WDW but just not wait in lines or have a child who is mildly autistic that I use as a get me to the front of the line with six family members pass.

nytimez

NEWS COMING SOON

GAC changes. Hint: I love what I am hearing.

But I don't weigh 450 pounds and drive an ECV, have a made up anxiety issue that allows me to visit WDW but just not wait in lines or have a child who is mildly autistic that I use as a get me to the front of the line with six family members pass.

Last time I was there I swear I heard a woman explain to the CM that her child couldn't handle bright lights, darkness, noises or smells.

Needless to say, looking forward to this bit of spirited news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom