Spirited News and Observations and Opinions ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Think about the guy who didn't wash his hands before getting his burger and used the spoon on the condiment bar minutes before you.

Think of the hundreds who had a nice sitdown in the bathroom who didn't wash and opened the same door you just opened.

Think about the sneezing coughing runny nosed 9yo who grabbed the same restraint bars on the rides you have.

Think about that dollar bill and quarter in your pocket.

No. That kind of thinking would keep many people from engaging in life ... I still will visibly cringe and move away when a person is obviously ill.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'm only on Page 10 of this thread but I figured I'd post this now. My upcoming trip is over MLK weekend 1/17-1/22. Here are some park hours for 2013:

MK (2013)
Thursday 1/17: 9 AM - 8 PM (Morning EMH)
Friday 1/18: 9 AM - 8 PM
Saturday 1/19: 9 AM - 10 PM
Sunday 1/20: 9 AM - 10 PM (Evening EMH)
Monday 1/21: 9 AM - 9 PM
Tuesday 1/22: 9 AM - 9 PM

Compare that to the MK in 2012 over the same long weekend
Thursday 1/12: 9 AM - 9 PM (Morning EMH)
Friday 1/13: 9 AM - 9 PM
Saturday 1/14: 9 AM - 1 AM
Sunday 1/15: 9 AM - 12 AM
Monday 1/16: 9 AM - 10 PM
Tuesday 1/17: 9 AM - 9 PM

Epcot, DHS, and DAK were all comparable but the difference in park hours at Magic Kingdom is shocking to me.

That's sad, but not unexpected. Maybe Saturday will get an hour or two added at last minute.

It is still a holiday week at WDW (you could even argue that next week is too between Miami hosting the NCAA BCS title game and then a holiday weekend/marathon weekend to follow), yet other than MK, the hours have all been slashed/returned to normal at the other parks. And, unlike DLR, almost all of the Christmas entertainment is long gone.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Thanks, It's kicking my butt right now. But I do feel better than I did this morning.

I have somehow managed to avoid the flu since 2008. And with every year, I get more queasy when i'm around sick people who don't get that when you're sick, you should be home ... not at work, not at the mall, not at restaurants, not at theme parks.

But I am glad you are better. Don't contaminate the Princesses!

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
No. That kind of thinking would keep many people from engaging in life ... I still will visibly cringe and move away when a person is obviously ill.

Ill reply all on one quote vs multi since I'm mobile. The name thing caught me off guard earlier when I was making a reservation for Friday (yes back within three weeks. Ill get in touch in the next couple days about it) and it asked for everyone. I half wanted to put the names of the fav five... Or is it really four, in the name slots I thought it was so pathetic.

Oh come on, maybe the people that would not want germs are the über planners. Could be a big for us here.

Disneyhead'71

I have somehow managed to avoid the flu since 2008. And with every year, I get more queasy when i'm around sick people who don't get that when you're sick, you should be home ... not at work, not at the mall, not at restaurants, not at theme parks.

But I am glad you are better. Don't contaminate the Princesses!
I only ventured to the Emergacare today. I can't remember the last time I got the flu. I had forgotten how big a wimp I am when I get really sick. I even had the Flu Shot back in Oct.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I only ventured to the Emergacare today. I can't remember the last time I got the flu. I had forgotten how big a wimp I am when I get really sick. I even had the Flu Shot back in Oct.

It seems everyone getting the shot has it worse than those without nowadays. Every family member of mine who got the shot has contracted the full version weeks afterwards. The antibody supplement doesn't cause an all out contraction.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yeah, I just can't see myself park hopping when I get there. Just can't do it.

I use it to extend my days and not be stuck anywhere.

It sucks when you are 'done' in a park but they day isn't done.

Or what about a few days later and you want to ride Everest more... But don't want to spend all day at dak?

The later part of our trips we always start our days with the attractions we want to repeat... And then consider where we want to settle for the afternoon+

Cosmic Commando

This is true for me. I haven't visited WDW yet, but I've already decided that when I do go, I'm only eating at the quick service spots, because I don't feel like dealing with dining reservations and rushing to get to restaurants and whatnot. I've also decided that I'll be visiting one park per day, because "park hopping" seems like a hassle and waste of time.
There are a few places that I like going to (largely to get the ambience of the resort) that you don't need to book 180 days out. Places like Boma and Kona I think people on here will agree are pretty decent places that you don't have to book at 6AM on your 180+10. We did the dining plan once with the one table service meal per day... all those ADRs were too much.

Bolna

Yeah, I just can't see myself park hopping when I get there. Just can't do it.

It really depends on what kind of vacation you want at WDW. And the beauty of WDW is still that you can have a true vacation there and not just a great time at a theme park. I like to enjoy the morning hours at the parks (I usually am there for park opening), but then after lunch I head back to the resort and enjoy the pool, read a book etc. Then back to the parks for some fun in the evening. And the evening park often is different from the morning park - so that is "park hopping" in the sense of the admission media. But I don't spend time sitting on transportation from one park to the other.

Oh - and even if you never hop from the MK to Epcot I would very much advise to travel that route at least once anyway. The best way to arrive at any theme park in my opinion is to take the monorail to Epcot.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Those interactive things are fun exactly once (unless you're a very young child). I've touched everything I could (except, perhaps, for a few fanbois who put in special requests!) in the Mansion's new queue and none of it ever needs to be touched Spiritually again. When Mansion suddenly has 65-minute waits on traditional slow days because of FP+, no one is going to be happy because they can run their hands over a few cheesy effects.

When HM has those 1 hour waits, I imagine the "interactive" queue will have the exact opposite effect as is intended. It won't serve as entertainment to pass the time, it will serve as an incredibly aggravating cacophony of repetitive sounds that will more then likely drive sane people to insanity. Sure 5 year olds might enjoy it, but is that really what we should be aiming for?

RSoxNo1

I thought what I've thought for years now, which is that it is a thematic mess. I only rode the Peoplemover ... some of my entourage rode Buzz Lightyear as well.

I think the X-mas show there perfectly displays what's wrong with the land as it headlines Buzz, Mike Wozowksi and Experiment 626. What do toons have to do with the future? Nothing. Then you have a great classic attraction in CoP sitting and decaying with TDO looking to remove it. And you have Space Mountain that is still a relic from the 70s with a three-year-old coat of paint on it.

You're probably too young to recall, but there was a time that every land in the MK had a meaning, a story, a purpose ... and that purpose wasn't shilling the Disney BRAND or now the Pixar or Marvel or Lucas BRANDS. Now, everything is watered down and the entire package is a lesser one.
At this point, I think everything in Tomorrowland except the TTA could and should be on the chopping block and I'm including the current version of Space Mountain (provided that a better version replaces it). I think Monster's Inc Laugh Floor is a solid attraction but in the wrong park, and Buzz Lightyear could also work in DHS but would probably be redundant.

The fan boy in me loves Carousel of Progress, but if they're not going to update it, it should be replaced as well.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
At this point, I think everything in Tomorrowland except the TTA could and should be on the chopping block and I'm including the current version of Space Mountain (provided that a better version replaces it). I think Monster's Inc Laugh Floor is a solid attraction but in the wrong park, and Buzz Lightyear could also work in DHS but would probably be redundant.

The fan boy in me loves Carousel of Progress, but if they're not going to update it, it should be replaced as well.
Could not agree with this more. The whole thing. I might throw Astro-Orbiter in there as well as a keeper, but dont feel strongly enough about it to fight to defend it. Or ride it apparently, since it was on the list of rides that didnt happen on my last trip.

IWant2GoNow

I'm only on Page 10 of this thread but I figured I'd post this now. My upcoming trip is over MLK weekend 1/17-1/22. Here are some park hours for 2013:

MK (2013)
Thursday 1/17: 9 AM - 8 PM (Morning EMH)
Friday 1/18: 9 AM - 8 PM
Saturday 1/19: 9 AM - 10 PM
Sunday 1/20: 9 AM - 10 PM (Evening EMH)
Monday 1/21: 9 AM - 9 PM
Tuesday 1/22: 9 AM - 9 PM

Compare that to the MK in 2012 over the same long weekend
Thursday 1/12: 9 AM - 9 PM (Morning EMH)
Friday 1/13: 9 AM - 9 PM
Saturday 1/14: 9 AM - 1 AM
Sunday 1/15: 9 AM - 12 AM
Monday 1/16: 9 AM - 10 PM
Tuesday 1/17: 9 AM - 9 PM

Epcot, DHS, and DAK were all comparable but the difference in park hours at Magic Kingdom is shocking to me.
Limited Time Magic!

alphac2005

I think so many of us are in that CoP boat. I only hope that they don't decide to turn the land formerly known seen as Tomorrowland fully into Pixarland Deux and/or have every attraction as a character tie-in. Based on Igerology, though, I'm assuming that whatever comes into Tomorrowland will always be tied into some bought property because it would be patently absurd for today's Walt Disney Company to actually bring original, unique concepts into the domestic parks today.

RSoxNo1

Next, you all want more maintenance, but you want them to do it in less downtime, and god forbid an attraction is down when you are visiting, it would be terrible. there is give and take here. Think about what you are all saying, increase hours, but keep things in better condition. Those two cannot happen at the same time.
People will always complain when an attraction is down for maintenance, but I believe this is more of a function of not having enough to do when major attractions are taken offline. Tokyo, and to a lesser extent Disneyland almost always have an E-ticket offline, but the parks are so built up it can absorb the downtime.

Attraction maintenance is totally necessary but it also shouldn't be exclusive to last minute refurbs that are put off as long as possible (Read: Splash Mountain). Splash Mountain wouldn't have gotten to the point that it's at now if they shut it down at the same time Thunder Mountain was down last year. Instead they put a bandaid on it because they couldn't afford to have both Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain down at the same time.

New Fantasyland helps with this, but the park needs another E-ticket on the Adventureland/Frontierland side and a major overhaul to Tomorrowland to really absorb the necesary downtime in the current attraction lineup.

By underbuilding the parks proper maintenance is neglected and show quality declines. It's why there are tarps over Splash Mountain, Motionless rocks in Thunder Mountain, Motionless Yetis in Expedition Everest, Motionless Gangster cars in The Great Movie Ride, and Nets along the Tree of Life. It's the equivalent of changing the stereo system on a car that needs significant body work.

Californian Elitist

I respectfully disagree. I think Mermaid has far more substance than any ride in Disneyland' s Fantasyland save maybe it's a small world.

Mermaid is definitely more advanced, no doubt. I don't connect with it like I connect with the Fantasyland dark rides. I was looking through all my pictures of when I was a kid at Disneyland. 99.9% of the photos were of myself in Fantasyland. Then on top of that, I was placed there when I worked at Disneyland, and I operated pretty much every attraction (even the castle walk through), except small world, Matterhorn and Storybook. I have a connection with Fantasyland. It was like I was meant to work there, and I had a huge feeling they were going to place me there. I just don't connect with Mermaid like I do with the Fantasyland Five at Disneyland. I still like Mermaid, though.

Californian Elitist

I use it to extend my days and not be stuck anywhere.

It sucks when you are 'done' in a park but they day isn't done.

Or what about a few days later and you want to ride Everest more... But don't want to spend all day at dak?

The later part of our trips we always start our days with the attractions we want to repeat... And then consider where we want to settle for the afternoon+

I don't mean to go in the other direction but I forgot you were here in California! Hope you're having a good time.

COProgressFan

When HM has those 1 hour waits, I imagine the "interactive" queue will have the exact opposite effect as is intended. It won't serve as entertainment to pass the time, it will serve as an incredibly aggravating cacophony of repetitive sounds that will more then likely drive sane people to insanity. Sure 5 year olds might enjoy it, but is that really what we should be aiming for?

That is the worst part of the Pooh queue. It is deafening in there, to the point that I won't even bother waiting. I'm so excited for more of that to come in other attractions...:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom