Spirit of Aloha

DisneyDebNJ

I'm looking for a fun dinner. Wife and I was checking out the dinner and show so we booked spirit of aloha. I haven't seen many reviews of it on here. What's your thoughts on it? Is it worth 2 credit?

Also have a 6 year old daughter also.
Spirit of Aloha, to our family was a *lets try this* experience. I do feel, 'Ohana. is a much better option, economically and experience wise.

ArielLover

Just remember that everything you read is personal opinion and far from facts. My wife and I almost skipped Spirit of Aloha because of the reviews. We decided to give it a try and have gone 3 times. We loved the show, there is a slight change to the story for Christmas. My wife loved the food, I wasn't a huge an, not because it wasn't good, just not my taste. We booked tier 1 at 180 days out and had front seats every time. Service was good to excellent. Was a nice couples night out.

We have also done the Hoop De Doo 3 times. No real complaints here either. This show also have a small twist for Christmas. Same seating arrangements and timing. Twice our table was connected to the stage. Show is corny but cute. Food is good, more my style than my wife's. Biggest disappointment for me are the potatoes - I hate skins in my mashed taters. This show is clearly more geared towards kids and families.

You really can't go wrong here.

Joe

Courtney6682

So, I've never been to SoA and will prob be booking for our trip in Feb...if using the dining plan is tier 1 seating out? If so, how do we specify that we'd at least like tier 2? TIA!

ArielLover

The food choices are very different and which is better really is a personal opinion only. I personally like the HDD food better, my wife prefers the Luau. Neither of us are right or wrong, personal taste.

bethymouse

Luau ribs or Hoop Dee Doo ribs? Which are better? Luau chicken or Hoop Dee Doo chicken? Which is better? Both are a BBQ taste, although the Luau supposedly is supposed to taste more like the "pig on a stick in the ground" Hawaiian Luau. I absolutely love the fire dancer ( and those gorgeous abs of all the guys;)). @sxeensweet You are definitely right about the weather! One year, we got lucky. It had just poured down rain right before the show!:D

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Luau ribs or Hoop Dee Doo ribs? Which are better? Luau chicken or Hoop Dee Doo chicken? Which is better? Both are a BBQ taste, although the Luau supposedly is supposed to taste more like the "pig on a stick in the ground" Hawaiian Luau. I absolutely love the fire dancer ( and those gorgeous abs of all the guys;)). @sxeensweet You are definitely right about the weather! One year, we got lucky. It had just poured down rain right before the show!:D

Having had both multiple times I'd say the ribs are a tie it comes down to personal preference as to which is 'better' both are very good

Horizons1

This question comes up often and I am one of the rare few who give it positive reviews. I really like this show, yes it has a hokey storyline but it's lots of fun. Hula dancers, fire eaters, several variations of dance from the different polynesian cultures.

The food...eh not so great but passable. The adult beverages are all you can drink which may have swayed my opinion of past performances. So don't go expecting a great dining experience it's more about the show. I'll be there again this year in July.
I'm paying cash which is like $75/PP so the cash value definatly equals 2 credits.
Wait, alcohol is all you can drink?

OliveMcFly

I love both shows but Spirit of Aloha needs a new story plus they should bring back the character luau, I loved that when I was little.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I do not remember tropical rum punch as part of the free beverages

It's listed when I looked yesterday on several websites to double check if available before I responded. But maybe it's old info so don't quote me on that. Lol :)

Edit: looks like they have it still but it's a slight upcharge for the rum punch.

Last edited:

ArielLover

It's listed when I looked yesterday on several websites to double check if available before I responded. But maybe it's old info so don't quote me on that. Lol :)

Edit: looks like they have it still but it's a slight upcharge for the rum punch.

I use allears.net as my go to for menus. They list:

Complimentary Beverages Include: - Yuengling Lager, Budweiser or Bud Light Draft Beer
Concha Y Toro Frontera Chardonnay, or Beso Del Sol Sangria
Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, Pink Lemonade, Coffee, Hot or Iced Tea, or Milk

The punch I think you refer to (I had one of these on my last visit) is the Pele's Fire Punch - not sure I would call it a small upcharge though at $15 a drink.

Pele's Fire Punch - The Volcano Goddess' blend of Bacardi rum, Myers' Original Dark Rum, Banana Liqueur, blackberry brandy, pineapple juice, and Grenadine served in an authentic, hand-carved monkey coconut. You keep the coconut! $14.95

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I use AllEars too and had seen that but on Disney's site itself it just said tropical rum punch in the souvenir coconut, so didn't know it was the same as the fire punch listed on AllEars. But thanks for confirming which one it probably is. :)

image.png
I use allears.net as my go to for menus. They list:

Complimentary Beverages Include: - Yuengling Lager, Budweiser or Bud Light Draft Beer
Concha Y Toro Frontera Chardonnay, or Beso Del Sol Sangria
Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, Pink Lemonade, Coffee, Hot or Iced Tea, or Milk

The punch I think you refer to (I had one of these on my last visit) is the Pele's Fire Punch - not sure I would call it a small upcharge though at $15 a drink.

Pele's Fire Punch - The Volcano Goddess' blend of Bacardi rum, Myers' Original Dark Rum, Banana Liqueur, blackberry brandy, pineapple juice, and Grenadine served in an authentic, hand-carved monkey coconut. You keep the coconut! $14.95

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom