Spirit of Aloha?

ThinkTink721

We have never been - I have read mixed reviews.
We have done Hoop Dee Doo Revue & LOVED it!!!
We have also done Mickey's Backyard BBQ & it was pretty good.
I would like to try the Spirit of Aloha at least once, but there are so many other great restaurants that we have never found the time to fit it in.
:wave:

stratman50th

I have done it several times and loved it! Food was great and the entertainment was good for all, but especially the kids. (My BIL who is Hawaiian did make fun of the dancers but that's just the way he is). I do have pictures, but they're film and need to be scanned. Someone else will probably post some before me.
You are asking about the Luau right, not the O'hana restaurant?

ThinkTink721

Yes the Luau.. we love O'hana It is can't miss for us.
I just don't know if the Luau would be worth the 2 dinning credits???

I would opt for doing Ohana for dinner & just use 1 TS credit - it is one of our favorites!...The breakfast at Ohana is great too! :wave:

TakeMeThere81

We LOVED our time at the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show!! It was so great!! The food was wonderful, the atmosphere was a neat experience. They have the coolest drink served in a huge coconut that you can take home. And we loved walking around the Polynesian at night before and after the show.

017.jpg

021.jpg

024-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

028-1.jpg

030-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

047.jpg

048-1.jpg

061-1.jpg

bmarkelon

Yay! Happy I just popped into this thread and saw this above ^^ post. What great pictures. I actually just booked this for our August trip. We've never done this one and will be staying 3 nights of our stay at the Polynesian so it seems appropriate to check this out while we are there. I'm so happy I saw this though because I really did hesitate to book this after reading so many poor reviews. The DH and I did the Hoop dee doo before the kids, we did Mickey's Backyard BBQ with 2 of the kids a few years ago so it's time for the Luau. I hope the kids love it. They will be DD 6, DS 4 and the baby girl will be 18 months.

captainkidd

Food - Decent.
2nd half of show - Good.
1st half of show - Utterly terrible and an embarrassment to the Disney company.

Check out this video for just a sampling of the 1st half. And believe me when I say, this clip is being generous. It gets much, MUCH worse over the next hour. Thankfully, the 2nd half which is the only part resembling a luau is better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG1cAWCpBBE&feature=related

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but honestly, the first half of this "show" is awful. It's boring, poorly acted, and uninteresting.

bmarkelon

We went to this show last year food was really good and show was good, we had fun but my 4 year old loved it and has made us go back this year

:wave:Welcome to the boards! This is great to hear! I'm pretty sure my kids will love the show too. I'm definitely looking forward to this show!

Scuttle

Food - Decent.
2nd half of show - Good.
1st half of show - Utterly terrible and an embarrassment to the Disney company.

Check out this video for just a sampling of the 1st half. And believe me when I say, this clip is being generous. It gets much, MUCH worse over the next hour. Thankfully, the 2nd half which is the only part resembling a luau is better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG1cAWCpBBE&feature=related

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but honestly, the first half of this "show" is awful. It's boring, poorly acted, and uninteresting.

YES!!!!! The first half of this show is terrible. There is nothing good about the first half of the show. Your kids might like when they have them come up on stage, but that's it. The second half is entirely different.

KSwart

Has anyone been to the early show? Can you see the fire? We are thinking about going but want to make sure the kids will be able to see it all :)

We love disney

Has anyone been to the early show? Can you see the fire? We are thinking about going but want to make sure the kids will be able to see it all :)

We went to the early show u can see the fire although I do think the later show would be better saying that we are going back this time & doing the early show again as we have my 4 year old

DisneyHamm

We have been multiple times, and have reservations for our upcomming trip. The last visit here, our party consisted of 9 people. 7 Adults and 2 kids, one 4 and one 5. The kids absolutely loved it, and enjoyed when they got to go up on the stage and participate in the show.

I really miss the Disney Character show, which used to be in the early luau spot. We saw it twice with our kids years ago and it was wonderful. The last time we went was for my parents' 50th anniversary about 6 years ago. We had a wonderful time. The food was o.k., but the drinks and ambience were wonderful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom