Spirit of Aloha in December

pacochran

Original Poster
We are going to be at the world Dec 3rd thru the 12th and were thinking about doing the Spirit of Aloha show. First of all is it worth it? Secondly has anyone done it at this time of year and what was it like as we know that it is outside.

We may end up doing just Ohana's (this is inside right?). We may book Ohana's and if the weather is nice take our chances with the Spirit of Aloha Dinner that there may be openings that day, if people say it is worth it.

Thanks

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have tried to see this show twice in December and both times it was canceled due to low temperatures which seems to happen a few times per year. More than likely you will be fine in that respect but if you happen to hear that I am going on the same night plan for arctic temperatures and an inside meal.:D

I am not a huge fan of the show. The show itself is fair to good but the food can be quite polarizing. You either love it or hate it. They serve quasi Polynesian cuisine and everything comes out a bit too sweet for my taste.

pacochran

Original Poster
I have tried to see this show twice in December and both times it was canceled due to low temperatures which seems to happen a few times per year. More than likely you will be fine in that respect but if you happen to hear that I am going on the same night plan for arctic temperatures and an inside meal.:D

I'll keep this in mind :lol:

stefan74

I remember seeing shows being canceled due to cold weather as well. The show is okay but I would do 'Ohana before the show. I don't think the show is worth the money.

HouCuseChickie

we're going to be at WDW around that same time...opted to skip Spirit of Aloha due to to many reports of weather related cancellations. Just didn't want to plan around something that has a good chance of not happening. Hopefully, we'll get to try it when we opt for a summer trip.

mickey2008.1

Been there the past two years in december,no weather problems, just lucky i guess. But the food is horrible, and service even worse. go to ohanas. or try hoop dee.

smithshn

I have not any experience of it.I have tried to see this show twice in December and both times it was canceled due to low temperatures which seems to happen a few times per year. They serve quasi Polynesian cuisine and everything comes out a bit too sweet for my taste. So, that is the reason why I am not suggest about it.

njDizFan

I went December of 2008 and weather was great. But that was a warm winter there. If it's not to cold I recommend going, it's a family favorite.

pacochran

Original Poster
Thanks for all the input, will definitely be doing Ohana, but may put Aloha on hold as not to many good things have been said about it, and it is a little on the expensive side (though what at Disney isnt:)).

We have done the Hoop dee Doo before and that was great. (I got to be Davy Crocketts Angel).

harryk

Thanks for all the input, will definitely be doing Ohana, but may put Aloha on hold as not to many good things have been said about it, and it is a little on the expensive side (though what at Disney isnt:)).

We have done the Hoop dee Doo before and that was great. (I got to be Davy Crocketts Angel).

Have done Aloha the past 2 Decembers (one 2d week and Christmas/New Years last year) enjoyed the meal and the show. Tried Ohana's last year - very disappointed and shall not go there again.

So - as you can see -- it is all a matter of taste.

If question it -- go to Hoop Dee Doo -- Ribs, Beans, Chicken -- Corny show....how can you go wrong. After all it is Disney's longest running show!!

erstwo

First of all - Hellooo! :wave:

I'll be there December 4 - 11 - maybe we'll run into each other at the Poly! I'm making an ADR for the Spirit of Aloha dinner on our arrival night - the 4th. It will be my first trip to SoA since 1995 when I went with my paternal grandparents who were the biggest Disney fans ever. My grandparents LOVED the Poly (always stayed there) and they loved the SofA dinner and we (myself & my family, my sister & her family, my brother and my parents) are going in "memory" of them, sort of keeping the tradition alive.

I'm hoping it will be as good as we remember. But even if it's not, we'll have a good time remembering the "good times." ;)

I'm wondering now though, if I shouldn't make a second ADR, just in case it gets canceled........ hmmmm.........thoughts anyone?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom