Speculation Spectacular!

mickEblu

No it is random. There is not going to be a Wakanda land or Everest brought over. It was meant to show you what they could do with the space not that " this is what is going to happen". It is going to take YEARS for this to even get approved and they may change their mind and take out the Disneyland hotel and move it and just make the space a 3rd gate. the point is nothing is set in stone and until Disney announces what attractions there will be once they get approval, speculating is pointless.

This may be true yet we know Disney loves clones. So if/ when the city approves this, I’d bet on Disney building at least 1/3 of those proposed lands/ attractions.

britain

Original Poster
In 10 years I am going to come back to this thread to point out how pointless all this was when it turns out being nothing like you over analyzing.

By all means, come back and point out how much fun I had analyzing this art that turned out to be nothing like what they built.

1617080396988.png

You don't have to have a point to have a point.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

This may be true yet we know Disney loves clones. So if/ when the city approves this, I’d bet on Disney building at least 1/3 of those proposed lands/ attractions.
Doubtful. These are not proposed lands or plans or blue prints. its just a "hey we could do something like this with the land if you approve it" not "this is what we are going to build"

Professortango1

DCA Expansion, South (4:00-8:00)

View attachment 543511View attachment 543512

The widths of the winding river look too thick to be a GRR style attraction, so maybe more of a HKDL Jungle Cruise type of thing? The mountain definitely looks like a new Matterhorn in the blueprint, but pretty different in the concept art. Obviously the rollercoaster track is missing from the concept art, but that could be simply determined to be too whispy thin to be seen.

Theme-wise @WDW Pro is saying this is all 'Moana Land' with a Splash Mt-scale E-ticket. If so, I suspect the indoor dark ride portion is housed in the showbuilding on the lower right, and then your boat travels along the winding rivers outdoors to the half crater type structure on the far left and then head right again, perhaps into the central mountain or more likely just back south to the main show building.

Not sure how they'd try to justify a bare bones coaster track going in and out of the mountain. Maui's Flying Coaster?

Note that something in these plans requires them to join the northern and southern showbuildings with a bridge over the pedestrian bridge leading to old DCA.

I'm getting a Neverland vibe to the mountains and surrounding water. Maybe an outdoor flying Pan attraction.

mickEblu

Doubtful. These are not proposed lands or plans or blue prints. its just a "hey we could do something like this with the land if you approve it" not "this is what we are going to build"

Everyone here agrees with that but that still does not mean none of that stuff will be built. If we believe Disney is being sincere in their proposal and really do want to expand the parks then 1/3 of the cloned lands/ attractions mentioned is a conservative number and I think a safe bet. Now if you re saying Disney is being insincere or that bean counters will put a stop to the majority of what we saw in the concept art that’s a different matter entirely. But if we think that an expansion is coming, I would expect at least 1/3. Unless of course they start so far out into the future that they go with the new hot IP of the day instead.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Everyone here agrees with that but that still does not mean none of that stuff will be built. If we believe Disney is being sincere in their proposal and really do want to expand the parks then 1/3 of the cloned lands/ attractions mentioned is a conservative number and I think a safe bet. Now if you re saying Disney is being insincere or that bean counters will put a stop to the majority of what we saw in the concept art that’s a different matter entirely. But if we think that an expansion is coming, I would expect at least 1/3. Unless of course they start so far out into the future that they go with the new hot IP of the day instead.
I am saying it is just supposed to show what they could do with the space to get approval. the things in the pictures i am saying are filler and are not intended to be built at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom