Speculation Spectacular!

britain

Original Poster
The purpose of this thread is to enjoy the recent announcement. How often do we get to speculate on a blue sky scale that Disney has tacitly endorsed?This is NOT a thread for discussing the likelihood of the revealed expansion plans.

Last edited:

britain

Original Poster
DL Expansion, South (6:00)

1617045979242.png

1617046138027.png

Last edited:

britain

Original Poster
DL Expansion, Southeast (4:00)

1617046249500.png

1617046316916.png

My big question here is what exactly is that building doing right in the way of the path from "Classic" Disneyland? Is there some sort of "transition attraction" in mind? Like RotR's shuttle or a stationary Hogwart's Express?

britain

Original Poster
DL Expansion, North and East (12:00-3:00)

1617074972723.png

1617050474482.png

Whaddwe got here? A spinner, a central focal point with little red boats and an amphitheater seating area. A coaster similar to Gadget's Go Coaster in size and scope, and an even more wee coaster looking almost like your typical kiddie coaster. And we have what's probably a clone of the Tangled River ride from Tokyo. I'm hoping for ropes course to and from that central island.

Attachments

• 1617050410242.png
    1617050410242.png
    334.7 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:

KentNelson

My pure whisfulthinking of how the new additions should be:

Disneyland Plus:
1. Arendelle with HK Sleighs coaster and a new Frozen Ever After.
2. "Tiana Land". Give Tiana her own e-ticket dark ride and the restaurant Tiana's Place and leave Splash Mountain alone.
3.Jungle Book Land with an all new dark ride/water ride.

DCA Plus.
1.Wakanda.
2.Classic Star Wars Land. With meet and greet of Luke, Leia, Han, Vader... Rides with them and the classic locations such Death Star or Endor. Retheme Tron coaster in Speeder Bikes coaster through Endor.
3.Isla Tortuga: With the Shanghai version of Pirates of the Caribbean.

All the resort should be renamed. They should forget forever the Disney California Adventure name. Classic Disneyland should be renamed "Walt Disney's Disneyland" or "Walt's Disneyland" and the old DCA and the new zones for both parks just be renamed as "New Disneyland"

BayouShack

They're the lanterns from the big romantic musical number in Tangled.

No disrespect to bayou, and I only ask because she's articulate and I like what she's got to say. But what is appealing about that concept art?
Articulate! Thank you, you’re very kind.

The concept is appalling, I was just making a joke. It’s certainly one of the most cursed concepts that’s leaked.

TP2000

DL Expansion, North and East (12:00-3:00)

View attachment 543418

Whaddwe got here? A spinner, a central focal point with little red boats and an amphitheater seating area. A wee coaster and what's probably a clone of the Tangled River ride from Tokyo. I'm hoping for ropes course to and from that central island.

That island complex is what intrigues me the most. There appear to be aerial gondolas on those straight wires to/from the mountain. It's too short, and pointless, for a skyride. But perhaps it's a self-propelled vehicle and "interactive" thing like the sky pedal cars at Legoland? I also have to assume there are elements of Shanghai Disneyland's rope course and such on the mountain flanks. And the boats? Aquatopia? Or perhaps another self-propelled "interactive" boat ride?

I just get strong vibes of Shanghai Disneyland's interactive rope course attraction, with self-propelled vehicles aimed at the younger set. But, I could be wrong.

Disneyland/DCA

It's a transition building akin to the train tunnels at the entrance, but bigger and better. And above the sliding door entryways will be a plaque that reads "Here you leave the original world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy and enter today's new hotness! Hooray!!"

Trust me. I did some plumbing for TP's neighbor lady.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It's a transition building akin to the train tunnels at the entrance, but bigger and better. And above the sliding door entryways will be a plaque that reads "Here you leave the original world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy and enter today's new hotness! Hooray!!"

Trust me. I did some plumbing for TP's neighbor lady.
I read that as "today's new hot mess"
It still applies.

BayouShack

Looks like they just want to make more Fantasyland. I’d think they could carve out a nearly equally big plot of land with a bit of creativity. send the parade floats elsewhere, send the giant receiving warehouse across Disneyland Drive (I gave it a bridge, but that might not even be necessary considering central bakery is on that plot of land too, and the resort manages to shuttle things from there to restaurants across the park just fine), and reallocate the backstage tunnel under the RR for guests. Nighttime maintenance vehicles can just use the Eastern access across the RR and snake through Fantasyland if they need to get to Village House / Rancho.

DLXP2021DBW.png

Space to the West of Disneyland Drive could be repurposed into an area with as much hotel rooms as DL Hotel + PP Hotel, plus a theme park the size of DCA.

Last edited:

Nirya

Honestly, I think my Blue Sky move for Disney would be to demolish the Disneyland Hotel, rebuild it on the land where Rainforest/ESPNZone/AMC buildings are now with a new small parking structure above/below ground where that current flat lot is between the AMC and Paradise Pier Hotel is. As part of this, get the city to give up on Disneyland Drive from the area from that parking lot to the north. Fill in the area under the bridge for more hotel space, and allow for movement back-of-house between the new area and Disneyland.

Then turn that entire area into a third gate, Disney Adventures-style park. I don't have any wants for this area, though I think some more original concepts could benefit here, but using that land to expand both current parks feels like a misstep.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom