Speculation Spectacular!

britain

Original Poster
DL Expansion, Northwest (10:00)

1617075122519.png

1617075143678.png

Now I'm fairly certain that this is the Arendale castle with yet another Frozen Ever After to the south of it. Yes, the concept art doesn't look anything like it, but we've seen them release concept art with smeared out areas before (remember the New Epcot art that hid the celebration pavilion behind a beige block?). I think they're happy to say "Hey, we're adding Frozen all over the world, MAYBE we'll put it in CA," and they're happy to show the blueprints, but they don't want anything in the concept art to be TOO obvious. And seeing the Arendale castle would definitely fit that bill.

britain

Original Poster
Connection to new Disneyland Expansion Area

1617075715271.png

As much as I'd prefer a New Orleans expansion behind its RR station, this art pretty plainly shows new greenery / pathway heading north of Haunted Mansion, not south. I hate to imagine Critter Country getting MORE traffic, but that's what this art is indicating.

mickEblu

Connection to new Disneyland Expansion Area

View attachment 543501

As much as I'd prefer a New Orleans expansion behind its RR station, this art pretty plainly shows new greenery / pathway heading north of Haunted Mansion, not south. I hate to imagine Critter Country getting MORE traffic, but that's what this art is indicating.

I’d much rather have the path coming from Critter Country. Besides Critter Country transitions much better into Zootopia land. :(

britain

Original Poster
DCA Expansion, Northeast (1:00)

1617076158112.png

1617076131291.png

As has been pointed out, there's a big Wakandian panther there at this new secondary entrance. It looks like a very impressive weenie, but that show building isn't very large. In fact, it's only about as large as whatever that "1/3 of the AMC Theaters" building immediately to the north of it is. So, I'm thinking elaborate Black Panther meet & greet? Or some interactive show perhaps. But not a big-time E-ticket.

1617076347122.png

Also note the pedestrian bridge (in the concept art and just a bit on the blueprint) giving Grand Californian guests direct access to the new DCA area.

britain

Original Poster
I’d much rather have the path coming from Critter Country. Besides Critter Country transitions much better into Zootopia land. :(

Everyone keeps saying Zootopia land, but I don't see any evidence of it in these plans. Having said that, what could be a ropes course could also be a Zootopia Rain Forest Gondola? But it could also be a Coco Gondola for that matter.

mickEblu

Everyone keeps saying Zootopia land, but I don't see any evidence of it in these plans. Having said that, what could be a ropes course could also be a Zootopia Rain Forest Gondola? But it could also be a Coco Gondola for that matter.

Haha I just keep saying it because it would be my least favorite Single IP land they could create which means it’s the one they’ll build.

I’m not going to lie, I like the sound of a rainforest gondola.

britain

Original Poster
DCA Expansion, Northwest (10:00)

1617076681830.png

1617076707608.png

I'd say the blueprints are pretty obviously Pandora's floating mountains. But these would be smaller than the ones at WDW. And I don't think that showbuilding on the left is big enough for Flight of Passage. It's only about as wide as the Paradise Pier Hotel tower itself. So, maybe it's just one FoP theater instead of 4? Maybe it's just Na'vi River Journey? Or maybe it's not Pandora at all, but Raya and the Last Dragon land?

Note the circle where Grand Californian guests and Paradise Pier Hotel guests gather to enter the park over the hotel access road.

britain

Original Poster
DCA Expansion, West (9:00)

1617077157882.png

1617077181084.png

Hard to make out, but this seems to me to be a Jumping Jellyfish style drop tower and a live theater (note the taller of the small buildings, it looks high enough to hoist backdrops, curtains, etc.

mickEblu

DCA Expansion, West (9:00)

View attachment 543509

View attachment 543510

Hard to make out, but this seems to me to be a Jumping Jellyfish style drop tower and a live theater (note the taller of the small buildings, it looks high enough to hoist backdrops, curtains, etc.

I think it’s pretty clear due to high demand that DCA needs Dueling Jumping Jellyfishes

britain

Original Poster
DCA Expansion, South (4:00-8:00)

1617077327126.png
1617077356950.png

The widths of the winding river look too thick to be a GRR style attraction, so maybe more of a HKDL Jungle Cruise type of thing? The mountain definitely looks like a new Matterhorn in the blueprint, but pretty different in the concept art. Obviously the rollercoaster track is missing from the concept art, but that could be simply determined to be too whispy thin to be seen.

Theme-wise @WDW Pro is saying this is all 'Moana Land' with a Splash Mt-scale E-ticket. If so, I suspect the indoor dark ride portion is housed in the showbuilding on the lower right, and then your boat travels along the winding rivers outdoors to the half crater type structure on the far left and then head right again, perhaps into the central mountain or more likely just back south to the main show building.

Not sure how they'd try to justify a bare bones coaster track going in and out of the mountain. Maui's Flying Coaster?

Note that something in these plans requires them to join the northern and southern showbuildings with a bridge over the pedestrian bridge leading to old DCA.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Thanks, I like to waste my time here. If you don't, you don't have to.

They're filler with method behind their madness. They're not just random scribbles.
No it is random. There is not going to be a Wakanda land or Everest brought over. It was meant to show you what they could do with the space not that " this is what is going to happen". It is going to take YEARS for this to even get approved and they may change their mind and take out the Disneyland hotel and move it and just make the space a 3rd gate. the point is nothing is set in stone and until Disney announces what attractions there will be once they get approval, speculating is pointless.

britain

Original Poster
No it is random. There is not going to be a Wakanda land or Everest brought over. It was meant to show you what they could do with the space not that " this is what is going to happen". It is going to take YEARS for this to even get approved and they may change their mind and take out the Disneyland hotel and move it and just make the space a 3rd gate. the point is nothing is set in stone and until Disney announces what attractions there will be once they get approval, speculating is pointless.

You misunderstand the point of this thread. I'm NOT speculating about what they'll really build. I'm speculating about what the art and the plans are supposed to represent. Reading schematics and looking at concept art is fun for me. So, therefore, it's not pointless.

And there's enough nuance and detailed oddities here to indicate that this is not random gobbledy gook.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

You misunderstand the point of this thread. I'm NOT speculating about what they'll really build. I'm speculating about what the art and the plans are supposed to represent. Reading schematics and looking at concept art is fun for me. So, therefore, it's not pointless.

And there's enough nuance and detailed oddities here to indicate that this is not random gobbledy gook.
THE ART REPRESENTS NOTHING. IT IS FILLER.

britain

Original Poster
Perhaps I should clarify:

The ATTRACTION IDEAS are filler. Perhaps even random filler. Who knows how Moana relates to DCA? She doesn't. It doesn't matter. It probably won't be built anyway.

But the PLANS AND ART are not random. They correspond accurately to one another and there's logical infrastructure underlying how everything is placed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom