Spectromagic is getting way old.

Enderikari

wdwnj said:
Main Street Electrical Parade Is Far Better Then Spectromagic--when I Was A Kid That Was My Favorite Part Of Being In The Park At Night--loved The Music--spectro Is Ok By Msep Is The Tops--wish They Bring It Back For Good--for You Younger People You Dont Know What You Have Missed

For you young people, here is what you missed. 1st generation parade floats with mismatched christmas lights accompanied by cheesy late 70's synthesizer music. Sometimes, nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Spectromagic is one of my favorite disney memories.

WDWKat26

wdwnj said:
Main Street Electrical Parade Is Far Better Then Spectromagic--when I Was A Kid That Was My Favorite Part Of Being In The Park At Night--loved The Music--spectro Is Ok By Msep Is The Tops--wish They Bring It Back For Good--for You Younger People You Dont Know What You Have Missed

Uh, i've seen MSEP when it came to WDW for a couple years. Honestly, I don't think i'm missing out on anything. Spectro is original to WDW as MSEP is to Disneyland.

JeffH

Everything gets updates, why not the parades?

I don't know why Disney doesn't add a major update to each parade every (budget) year. They DID add a Monsters Inc float to the Motorcars parade at MGM, but why not an Incredibles and/or Chicken Little (or Narnia)?

We go to WDW every other weekend and never really get tired of anything. We catch SpectroMagic regularly and I appreciate it more each time (I was one who resented it taking over MSEP, and I had a lot of problems with the new parade).

But I never understood the goofy themeless boogie-men at the beginning, they shoud replace them with a more themed relevant opening... (they can't be very popular, you can't by any merchandise featuring them, right?)
I never understood the theme-less butterfly-girls, replace them with some themed animals or at least give them a blinking tail so we can call them lightening bugs (which most of us have memories of collecting when we were young)

Add some newer references/floats...Disney has had some successful movies since The Little Mermaid (and the Genie in Aladdin).

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
As for DSMC.... they also added a Lilo and Stitch car and a Power Rangers POS, and ditched the Atlantis car

mickhyperion

The only part of Spectromagic that's old for me is the music. I've never liked it. Sure, I've grown accustomed to its face and I smile when it comes up on my iPod, but compared to the Baroque Hoedown in the Main Street Electrical Parade, Spectromagic's music is dreary and dull, in my opinion. The MSEP music (as dated as some may feel it is) makes you want to jump up and dance! Spectromagic's soundtrack is slow, plodding, and boring by comparison and doesn't make me want to dance, it makes me want to lay down and sip some tea in an English cottage somewhere. I think Spectromagic's music takes itself way too seriously and isn't fitting for such a visually exciting parade.

I personally love spectro but would love to see some new floats like a stitch one or something and also I think they should Create a Special Christmas version like they have the christmas version of wishes they should have a christmas version of specto that would totally kick butt.

Enderikari

Videoteck said:
lol well we are still currently outnumbered by the people who like spectro.

Anyone else see the irony that the person who created the thread "Spectromagic is getting old" is calling for a return of the MSEP, which is even older?

Videoteck

Original Poster
Enderikari said:
Anyone else see the irony that the person who created the thread "Spectromagic is getting old" is calling for a return of the MSEP, which is even older?

hehehe when I first posted this topic did I say I really wanted the msep back?

DiPSU224

Just to throw in my .02 cents...I only saw the MSEP once and I thought it was nice. It never really hit that emotional note for me. Now I've seen Spectro about 15+ times and it never gets old for me. I make sure we schedule to see it at least 3 times a trip and it gets to the point where I schedule things like meals around it. It never fails to make me tear up when I hear the music start.
I agree that it probably could use some updating. I don't think many kids know what the Fantasia floats are about. I personally enjoy them, but I don't think the kids get it.

WDWKat26

JeffH said:
I don't know why Disney doesn't add a major update to each parade every (budget) year. They DID add a Monsters Inc float to the Motorcars parade at MGM, but why not an Incredibles and/or Chicken Little (or Narnia)?

We go to WDW every other weekend and never really get tired of anything. We catch SpectroMagic regularly and I appreciate it more each time (I was one who resented it taking over MSEP, and I had a lot of problems with the new parade).

But I never understood the goofy themeless boogie-men at the beginning, they shoud replace them with a more themed relevant opening... (they can't be very popular, you can't by any merchandise featuring them, right?)
I never understood the theme-less butterfly-girls, replace them with some themed animals or at least give them a blinking tail so we can call them lightening bugs (which most of us have memories of collecting when we were young)

Add some newer references/floats...Disney has had some successful movies since The Little Mermaid (and the Genie in Aladdin).

The "boogie men" in the Beginning are Spectro Men. They pretty much set a good theme in my opinion for the parade. I like them :)

I don't get why you call the Butterflies and Dragonflies themeless, they go with the GARDEN scene of Flora, Fauna and Merriweather from Sleeping Beauty.

spectro0294

This is my first post :wave:.

As you can see, I love Spectro. It is my favorite thing at WDW. It's the only thing that can make or break the trip for me and I too start to tear up when I hear the music start.

I obviously don't find the Spectromen themeless or creepy, they're my favorite part. They definitley set the mood of the parade for me. And I agree that the butterflies and dragonflies go well along with the "Sleeping Beauty" section of the parade.

It's not old at all for me.

justducky78

Ahhhh! There one is...a spectroman. Now, I'm going to have nightmares.

No offense spectro0294, but those spectromen FREAK ME OUT! :lookaroun My husband teases me about it. Once they pass, I can enjoy the rest of the parade!

spectro0294

No offense taken, & I'm sorry if the picture freaks you out. I just don't see how they creep people out. Ever since we (me and my sisters) were real young, we always enjoyed seeing them coming down Main St.

Ah well, it's just me and the other 5 people on this thread that like them I guess.:rolleyes:

pat_naughty05

I'm with you spectro! I always get that warm fuzzy feeling when the Spectromen are paying those trumpet things and the SpectroMagic fanfare starts. I LOVE THAT!!!!

Anyways, I would cry if this parade left any time soon. And I never cry. Well, occasionally. I mean, not often. Yeah. Power to SpectroMagic.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Heatherbell said:
I also agree the guys with white faces are creepy.

Super creepy! :eek: I really dislike the Chucky doll-esq ball/float riding/trumpet blowing creeps. :lol: :(

While spectro is better than MSEP... I have seen my fair share of spectro. I just skip it now. Just because I have seen it 50x's and dislike it now... I dont think they should get rid of it.

I liked Tapestry in Epcot. Now Epcot is parade-less. If anything, I think Epcot needs to add a parade, before anything else. As all other parks, but Epcot, have a parade. :wave:

DiPSU224

spectro0294 said:
No offense taken, & I'm sorry if the picture freaks you out. I just don't see how they creep people out. Ever since we (me and my sisters) were real young, we always enjoyed seeing them coming down Main St.

Ah well, it's just me and the other 5 people on this thread that like them I guess.:rolleyes:

I love the Spectromen! They remind me of watching the parade with my Mom. It was always our little joke about how they freaked her out. Now whenever I see them I am reminded of our family trips together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom