Spectromagic is getting way old.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
kiawahman said:
sorry, read that from another source who was wrong....thought the parade originated at DL.
which parade would this be? The Original Disneyland MSEP was created after Walt died

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Yukinon said:
I love Spectromagic - its the best parade in all of Disney and is so classic and wonderful it would be horrible if they took it away! I was so sad the year they took a break from Spectro and had the Electrical Light Parade, it just was not the same! The music from Spectro is so moving and beautiful, and looking at the floats reminds me of being little and of my grandpa being with us. I love the parade, if you don't like it, go ride some rides instead! The lines will be shorter for you and then you wouldn't have to be annoyed by it so much that you need to complain about updating it. Anyhow, I love the parade, and it needs to STAY! :sohappy:

Good post. I'm either your yin or yang because I always go hit attractions during SPECTRO!

mkepcotmgmak

It's an amazing parade, buuuut... I would LOVE to switch parades with Tokyo's Dreamlights... it's the perfect mix of MSEP and Spectro! *even uses MSEP's Baroque Hoedown as an underliner! There are some great videos out there of it.

I LOVED MSEP and was sad to see it leave, but welcomed the new technology in Spectro. Now I love Spectro, but almost cried when I got to see ELP in Disneyland last year! All that said, I would love to see a new parade at MK, ONLY if it's an upgrade.

Videoteck

Original Poster
lol I cant believe us ANTI-SPECTROMAGICS are losing lol.Wouldnt you guys prefer something more classic than spectromagic?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Videoteck said:
lol I cant believe us ANTI-SPECTROMAGICS are losing lol.Wouldnt you guys prefer something more classic than spectromagic?
MSEP.. sure. But I think it's one of the few things that's saving DCA right now

mkepcotmgmak

mkt said:
MSEP.. sure. But I think it's one of the few things that's saving DCA right now

MSEP was GREAT to see, but if I had to choose between it and Spectro on a nightly basis, or even as a Guest for the first time, it would be Spectro.

disney9752

maybe while we're switching, & or cloning parades from other parks later this year we can swap spectro for fantillusion for a while. if it went from tokyo to paris it can cross the atlantic to wdw.

Mecha Figment

This year should signal the end of Spectromagic as much as I love it.

Talk is it's being replaced with Tokyo's version of the Main street elecric light parade.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think we're to point where we can do something better than Spectromagic.

I think the technology is there and they just need the budget and dedication. I've seen spectro like 5 times in the past week, and there's always huge gaps in the vehicle spacing, the audio system needs help, and some of the floats and costumes were showing major wear/tear.

Those troll-doll look alikes are creepy and the light effect in their masks i dont beleive works the way they were intended. It just looks "off."

I also thing we can do better than the "Christmas light sewn-in" look for the costumes and floats. There's a lot more available nowadays for a "magical" parade than that style of lights on black or white.

For example, those dragon-fly things just look sorta silly. They're rope lights with an obvious massive battery pack.

I think it's time for an upgrade.

Lefty

Well if you've seen it enough times to think it's getting old, then you've seen it too many times.

The magic eventually fades if you abuse the term 'vacation'.

I honestly think that if you visit WDW more than an average of once every 2 years (going to different parks on visits doesn't count, obviously), then inevitably you're going to stop feeling the sparks and electricity that made it so special in the first place.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think it's moreso they've never changed out the effect in Mickey's spectroball thingy rather than me not feeling the sparks.

Some of the lights are faded/broken and the parade seemingly can't run without huge gaps.

It's like when Tapestry started axing the number of dancers of each type. It's time for it to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom