Spectromagic Coming Back??

CaptainShortty

Original Poster
I heard a rumor that Spectromagic is returning (replacing) MSEP by the end of this year. Has anyone heard anything about it? I'm really hoping that it's true. I'm not a fan off MSEP.

ThatMouse

Funny! I feel like the great WDW historian naming each float as they come by -- after a few guesses from people standing around me -- I just go ahead and shout out -- oh that's Pete's Dragon! Some of the adults remember who that was, but none of the kids do! lol! It's nostalgic though. Synthesizer music was the bomb back in the 80's!!

pumpkin7

that's a shame. i love MSEP, and last visit we didn't have time to see it all. but i still love the music and the floats. it made me remember our first trip when i was a kid.
saying that i've never seen spectromagic so i suppose a change is always good. no doubt MSEP will be back!

David S.

Funny! I feel like the great WDW historian naming each float as they come by -- after a few guesses from people standing around me -- I just go ahead and shout out -- oh that's Pete's Dragon! Some of the adults remember who that was, but none of the kids do! lol! It's nostalgic though. Synthesizer music was the bomb back in the 80's!!

As far as I'm concerned, it still is! :)

I LOVE MSEP and I'd be sad to see it go, but then again, just getting it back at all was a pleasant surprise. If it does leave, I hope it goes back to Disneyland or DCA, so there will be at least one place to see it.

CaptainShortty

Original Poster

Oh I know who he is (even though I'm only 21 myself). But I understand that, none of my friends know who he is...I'm just a Disney geek which is why I do. I like the floats in MSEP but never thought it was as cohesive a parade as Spectro. And the music gets very old by about the third float. I'm certainly not a child of the 80s I guess. :p I love the Spectro music. I do hope that if they bring Spectro back that they give the floats a bit of an update or even add a few more. That would be nice to see.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Oh I know who he is (even though I'm only 21 myself). But I understand that, none of my friends know who he is...I'm just a Disney geek which is why I do. I like the floats in MSEP but never thought it was as cohesive a parade as Spectro. And the music gets very old by about the third float. I'm certainly not a child of the 80s I guess. :p I love the Spectro music. I do hope that if they bring Spectro back that they give the floats a bit of an update or even add a few more. That would be nice to see.
I think Spectro is a better parade as well but it had been in MK for so freaking long that any change, even a retro one, was quite welcome.

WDWFigment

All of the rumors I've seen recently on Disneyland sites/forums point to it returning to DCA for next summer.

Certainly makes sense--DCA will need every last bit of entertainment it can get to handle the crowds.

dlpwishes

It may be interesting to note that on DLP forums, there are rumours of Spectro heading over there, as Fantillusion is due to close this year, at least that's how it looks. It's not being promoted for the christmas season as it usually is, and a few insiders have suggested that this summer may be its last run at the park.

So will we be seeing a shift around of parades? Or an entirely new one?

menamechris

All of the rumors I've seen recently on Disneyland sites/forums point to it returning to DCA for next summer.

Certainly makes sense--DCA will need every last bit of entertainment it can get to handle the crowds.

This is probably what makes the most sense. I assumed the only reason we got in back now anyways is because DCA couldn't have a parade with all the construction... Anyways. I personally wouldn't care is MSEP stayed for another couple years. I love Spectro, but I am enjoying the switchup...

David S.

Heck yea it was and is, hence my screen name. :D The only parade I wouldnt mind sitting through would be the main street 80s synth band parade. Now that I would stay for!:lol:

I've been wanting to say, great screen name! Erasure are one of my all time favorite groups and I have all their albums on CD. Do you have a favorite?

I'm also a fan of Vince Clarke's previous groups (Yazoo and Depeche Mode), but Erasure's my fave of the three!

splashtest

I went on the Keys to the Kingdom tour this past May, and Claire out tour guide said there were no definite plans (as of then) to bring back SpectroMagic. This is not to say it never will return, but just to say there is no date set.

I enjoy the music of Spectro more, and the Elliott float of Main Street the best.

I went on the Keys to the Kingdom tour this past May, and Claire out tour guide said there were no definite plans (as of then) to bring back SpectroMagic. This is not to say it never will return, but just to say there is no date set.

I enjoy the music of Spectro more, and the Elliott float of Main Street the best.

I was on the Keys to the Kingdom tour in May also and our tour guide (can't remember her name, could have been Claire) said that MSEP was being "borrowed" from DL whilst they replaced some lights and made some upgrades to the Spectromagic floats. She didn't give any specific dates as to when it will return but gave an indication it would be in the next year or so.
Maybe i'm getting my wires crossed somewhere :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom