Special Holiday Magic Bands Package offered

Rachel S1321

Original Poster
I just chatted with a Disney rep, and you will not be able to add any other special offers to your reservation. So we chose to not take the magic bands!

ToTBellHop

Yet would cost Disney lots more $$$, which is what you were complaining about as a shareholder.
No it doesn't. Their profit margin is outrageous. Shockingly, they still turn a profit charging $400/night at the Yacht Club. They just turn more of a profit at $600. A high school economics class would show us that 80% occupancy at rack rate makes less money than 80% at rack rate and another 20% at discount, as long as the discount price still allows profit.

35% off gets occupancy from 80% to near 100%. My source is their actual occupancy rates.

Fancy MagicBands don't move the needle at all.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Hell, I'm tempted to book a package, just to get the special MagicBand, and then cancel once I have the silly thing.

This is a ridiculous promotion. Period. If you'd rather have a "special" $2 MagicBand instead of a 20-30% room discount... Well, as Ron White said - You can't fix stupid.

ToTBellHop

Hell, I'm tempted to book a package, just to get the special MagicBand, and then cancel once I have the silly thing.

This is a ridiculous promotion. Period. If you'd rather have a "special" $2 MagicBand instead of a 20-30% room discount... Well, as Ron White said - You can't fix stupid.
Finally, someone gets it!

WendyBird

Has anyone with this package gotten any confirmation that their bands have shipped? I was told to customize by December 1st. (Which I did) But, when I sign into my account it still gives me the option to customize. They are supposed to arrive by December 15th... wondering when it should be shipping.

MM311

Has anyone with this package gotten any confirmation that their bands have shipped? I was told to customize by December 1st. (Which I did) But, when I sign into my account it still gives me the option to customize. They are supposed to arrive by December 15th... wondering when it should be shipping.

Mine currently says "Your MagicBand order is being personalized. Check back soon for shipping details" so looks like it will be shipping out soon

Mander

In the Parks
No

My Mom is on this package! She got an email last week that her bands shipped. I think they are supposed to arrive today. She'll be there from 01/07-13/2018.

Anyone have updates if the special Holiday promotion bands have shipped. I was under the understanding that as long a you booked the trip for 2018, regardless of when in 2018 the trip was, the special edition bands would ship to you prior to Christmas for holiday giving. My account doesn't show any kind of shipping updates ... still giving the choice to customize. Anybody out there have travel plans later in 2018 and received there Holiday promotion bands?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
No. They’re not. They’ll switch to discounts when they’re released. They’ll already have their fancy MagicBands by then.

Disney could have avoided this by making the 'special' MB's a checkin at resort item only. They would have saved the shipping cost and eliminated lots of 'ghost' reservations.

MM311

Anyone have updates if the special Holiday promotion bands have shipped. I was under the understanding that as long a you booked the trip for 2018, regardless of when in 2018 the trip was, the special edition bands would ship to you prior to Christmas for holiday giving. My account doesn't show any kind of shipping updates ... still giving the choice to customize. Anybody out there have travel plans later in 2018 and received there Holiday promotion bands?

Mine showed up the same day they said they were shipped, our trip isn't until November 2018, so yes it is for any trips that were booked with the promotion no matter what time of year.

DisneyJoe

Disney could have avoided this by making the 'special' MB's a checkin at resort item only. They would have saved the shipping cost and eliminated lots of 'ghost' reservations.
Then they would need to provide something else to put in the Gold Box that is going under the Christmas tree.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
This special MB will identify those guests "special" enough to pay full price for everything.

AQC

I still haven't received mine. My trip is booked for Jan 17-24 and in MDE, it still shows I can customize my bands until Dec 17. I am holding out hope that it will be delivered by the 15th but it doesn't look likely.

AQC

I still haven't received mine. My trip is booked for Jan 17-24 and in MDE, it still shows I can customize my bands until Dec 17. I am holding out hope that it will be delivered by the 15th but it doesn't look likely.

After weeks of waiting and searching through forums, I just realized that I never actually clicked "save" when customizing the bands. I just saw all the names were correct and assumed it was all good. Now it definitely won't come before Dec 15th...just hopeful it will arrive before Xmas. So if anybody else sees ability to still customize their bands, make sure you go to each band and click "save" to make sure your customization is submitted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom