Special Holiday Magic Bands Package offered

ToTBellHop

Somehow I think they'll make the few dollars up with their 8 night stay, 7 day park ticket, and dining plan for 4.
That someone booked for a MagicBand? If someone already had a reservation or was going to make one anyway, Disney loses money here. The only way you make money with advertising is from a bona fide new sale. Can’t see that happening.

“Honey, remember when I said we should go to WDW and you thought it was too expensive and you’d rather wait for Star Wars Land? What if I sweeten the pot with a special MagicBand in a decorative tin?”

I’d wait for 30% off myself. That gets butts in beds.

becca_

I'd never give up a discount for it but my parents and sister are staying in a Little Mermaid room at AoA in January. They were already paying for a full price package (my Mom and sister both really want to stay in the LM rooms) so the MagicBands are a little extra. Just switched the package around for them so they'd get them. My Mom is very excited as she really likes the design of this one!
Did you call or do it online?!

Mander

In the Parks
No
Did you call or do it online?!

Online. I signed into MDE on my computer and went to the "My Reservations and Tickets". Where your reservation details are listed it gives you the option to change your reservation. I clicked that and went through the discount/package options until I found this one (Disney Gift Vacation Package). I confirmed everything once I saw the amounts were the same.

Then you go in and update your MagicBand customization. It'll have the special MB there along with all the plain ones. I swapped my sister and my Mom to the new one.

disneygeek90

That someone booked for a MagicBand? If someone already had a reservation or was going to make one anyway, Disney loses money here. The only way you make money with advertising is from a bona fide new sale. Can’t see that happening.

“Honey, remember when I said we should go to WDW and you thought it was too expensive and you’d rather wait for Star Wars Land? What if I sweeten the pot with a special MagicBand in a decorative tin?”

I’d wait for 30% off myself. That gets butts in beds.
It's a nice gesture to paying customers and guests. Same as AP glasses that they have given out in the past (RIP this year). Loyalty is important and what ultimately gets the butts in bed and this won't be breaking the Disney bank.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's a nice gesture to paying customers and guests. Same as AP glasses that they have given out in the past (RIP this year). Loyalty is important and what ultimately gets the butts in bed and this won't be breaking the Disney bank.

It's a nice gesture to have guests pay the exorbitant rack rates and give them a $2 trinket for it?

ToTBellHop

Book it this year if this appeals to you... I doubt it will be back next year after 75% of the people that book this cancel their packages on December 26th, MagicBands in hand.
I would be surprised if anywhere near 75% end up keeping this package after they have their decorative tins. We are a special level of crazy fanatic to even know this is being offered. The same level of crazy that will certainly know when an actual deal is released, which we will switch to while we continue to pet our decorative tins lovingly well into next July. If the Disney CM on the phone even suggests taking the tin away, we will growl back, “he can’t takes it! We will keep our precious!”

DisneyJoe

I would be surprised if anywhere near 75% end up keeping this package after they have their decorative tins. We are a special level of crazy fanatic to even know this is being offered. The same level of crazy that will certainly know when an actual deal is released, which we will switch to while we continue to pet our decorative tins lovingly well into next July. If the Disney CM on the phone even suggests taking the tin away, we will growl back, “he can’t takes it! We will keep our precious!”
It's not a tin, not sure why you think that.

Most of my clients are not fans of forums.

ToTBellHop

It's not a tin, not sure why you think that.

Most of my clients are not fans of forums.
Because I’m poking fun at something that I think is an absurdly stupid idea from a Disney employee who will be fired when’s this doesn’t provide the returns promised on the PowerPoint presentation. They might as well place the MagicBands ina sarcophagus for his career.

Most of your clients don’t like the most-popular WDW fan forums on the internet? Interesting.

But they do enjoy decorative tins.

DisneyJoe

Because I’m poking fun at something that I think is an absurdly stupid idea from a Disney employee who will be fired when’s this doesn’t provide the returns promised on the PowerPoint presentation. They might as well place the MagicBands ina sarcophagus for his career.

Most of your clients don’t like the most-popular WDW fan forums on the internet? Interesting.

But they do enjoy decorative tins.
Many don't know Disney forums exist or they don't care. They don't have the time to waste on doing their own trip research in a noisy forum so they hire an agent to consult with to arrange their yearly vacations.

freesvoice

Design and packaging costs money, as do the CMs on the phone adding this offer to pre-existing reservations.
Most Designers are salary, and even if phone operator CMs are hourly I doubt this will make enough work to hire more or have them work longer hours. Packaging might be a little bit more if it's not their standard order but we are talking pennies on the box... and like someone mentioned people are paying for it (so to speak) in the form of no discount. As a shareholder would you rather have someone saving hundreds or thousands by booking on a discount or pay rack and receive a cheap plastic band?

ToTBellHop

Most Designers are salary, and even if phone operator CMs are hourly I doubt this will make enough work to hire more or have them work longer hours. Packaging might be a little bit more if it's not their standard order but we are talking pennies on the box... and like someone mentioned people are paying for it in the form of no discount.
No. They’re not. They’ll switch to discounts when they’re released. They’ll already have their fancy MagicBands by then.

freesvoice

Most Designers are salary, and even if phone operator CMs are hourly I doubt this will make enough work to hire more or have them work longer hours. Packaging might be a little bit more if it's not their standard order but we are talking pennies on the box... and like someone mentioned people are paying for it in the form of no discount.
No. They’re not. They’ll switch to discounts when they’re released. They’ll already have their fancy MagicBands by then.
I edited my post, sorry if it didn't show up in time for you to quote it.

They can only switch if there's opening and a lot of WDW is booked early next year. I tried to switch to a discount for my Feb. trip but none of my resorts had availability for my dates.

Magicbands are cheap. I really wouldn't worry.

ToTBellHop

I edited my post, sorry if it didn't show up in time for you to quote it.

They can only switch if there's opening and a lot of WDW is booked early next year. I tried to switch to a discount for my Feb. trip but none of my resorts had availability for my dates.

Magicbands are cheap. I really wouldn't worry.
I’m not worried. I’m perplexed and being critical.

Mander

In the Parks
No
I bet this doesn't cost Disney much- more of an incentive to get people to book for 2018 prior to Christmas.

Besides that, there are rooms on property that never qualify for discounts. Those people were already paying full price and this may be a nice little bonus for them. It's not much but sometimes it's the little things that matter. I know my family was excited to get something special for their trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom