Special Birthday present idea needed

RUDancinDuck

Hi everyone! I have been reading on this board for a while now, and I need some advice. I will be traveling to WDW soon with my boyfriend and celebrating his 21st birthday while we are there. I have dinner reservations for 1900 Park Fair on the evening of his birthday. I want to buy a present in Disney and then give it to the Fairy Godmother to give to him during dinner. But I don't know what type of disney present?? His real present is staying in WDW for a week, so something inexpensive, but thoughtful would be nice. Any birthday present ideas out there??

abug'saunt

It may sound cheesy, but how about a stuffed character? Or how about his favorite character on a mug? Could try something smaller a key ring with the first letter of his name? I'm not sure how high you want to go but there are also t-shirts or ball caps too.

Hope I helped. Have a wonderful trip.

Upvote 0

crlachepinochet

Maybe you could just put it on the ADR that your boyfriend is celebrating a birthday and see what the CMs at the restaurant do? If the trip is the real present and you're not looking to spend more money, maybe this is the way to go? We did this with our room reservation when DW and I were honeymooning, and we had a surprise delivered to our room our first night!

Upvote 0

Carolyn1717

Hi everyone! I have been reading on this board for a while now, and I need some advice. I will be traveling to WDW soon with my boyfriend and celebrating his 21st birthday while we are there. I have dinner reservations for 1900 Park Fair on the evening of his birthday. I want to buy a present in Disney and then give it to the Fairy Godmother to give to him during dinner. But I don't know what type of disney present?? His real present is staying in WDW for a week, so something inexpensive, but thoughtful would be nice. Any birthday present ideas out there??

The first thing you want to do is call back Disney Dining 407-WDW-DINE, give them your res number and ask them to please add the fact that it is his birthday, this way the restaurant sees it when they download all reserations to them. Next, I agree with the others, a mug with his name on it, a nice key ring, something he can keep to remember the trip by yet not very expensive would be nice. Have a great trip........and welcome to our forum.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
On Main Street MK (and I'm sure other park locations), you can have a picture of yourself "translated" as a 3D image in a piece of resin. Not cheap, but a rather unique keepsake.

Or you could get him personalized mickey ears for about $8 :lol:

You could schedule a photographic session for yourself (to give to him) or one with both of you.

As was said before, do call back and update information for your reservations, also for your room. Remind them at check-in as well, there just may be something waiting in the room for him.:lol:

Upvote 0

danpam1024

If you call the restaurant 48 hours before you can get a little birthday cake for less than $20. We did it for out son at Chef Mickey's one year w/ all the characters. It was great:sohappy: Don't forget to buy the first legal drink!!!!!

Upvote 0

cooleo

Also, don't forget to get him a Birthday button. You can pick them up at Guest Services at any park & I sure they have them at the resorts as well. Have him wear it every day of the trip. It makes the trip much more special. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Also, don't forget to get him a Birthday button. You can pick them up at Guest Services at any park & I sure they have them at the resorts as well. Have him wear it every day of the trip. It makes the trip much more special. :sohappy:

I didn't know if that would be bad form. When the hubby and I go in a few weeks we are celebrating our 15th anniversary, Mother's Day, and his 36th birthday. I figured we'd wear the corresponding buttons on the proper day(s). Would it be tacky to wear them more than just the corresponding days? I would love to but don't want to push my luck or be out of line. :p

Also, another idea for the OP, I made up custom shirts for us to wear on our trip. I did this using the Disney Ink Shop that you can link to from www.disneyshopping.com. 2 of the sets of shirts are for the anniversary thing. The 3rd set is for us to wear on his birthday. Both have the same graphic of Mickey sitting with his legs folded. His says, "Birthday Boy! I'm 36 years old today!". Mine says, "Birthday Boy's Wife! I'm not as old as he is!" It should be lots of fun. I also plan to confirm with our hotel on check-in that they have our special dates noted, confirm with the restaurants we booked ADRs for our special dates to make sure they know our special occasions, and call the cake number to have a special treat for us at his birthday breakfast and our anniversary dinner. :) There's lots of fun stuff to do. I can't wait. Hope yours is super-special, too! :wave:

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Duh! Forgot to think of things for Fairy Godmother to give at the special dinner. I like the idea of the custom ears. A nice watch would be cool, too, but that could get pricey. How about a stuffed version of his fav character wearing the custom ears??? That would be cute as could be!

Upvote 0

RUDancinDuck

Original Poster
Of course wear it every day, that is what I will be making my boyfriend do...because you are going to be celebrating the entire trip...Think "Birthday Trip" instead of "BirthDAY"

How do I design a pair of ears for him?! Or do you mean the embroidered ones?!!

Also he really loves Donald and anyone from Toy Story! He is getting his own apartment next year, so I was wondering if there was anything I can give him for that, maybe with those characters, for his new living space!!!!

Thank you so much for the help, you guys are all so great!

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

The Chapeau hat shop on Main Street now sells build-your-own custom Mickey ears. I haven't seen them but I've heard about them. Maybe that would be an option. You could always get him his 1st salt & pepper shaker set for his new place. :)

Upvote 0

RUDancinDuck

Original Poster
The Chapeau hat shop on Main Street now sells build-your-own custom Mickey ears. I haven't seen them but I've heard about them. Maybe that would be an option. You could always get him his 1st salt & pepper shaker set for his new place. :)

Ohhh those are both good ideas! thanks so much! Do you by any chance know of somewhere I can order something like this online, so I can bring it with me instead of trying to escape to buy it secretly?

Also i see you will be staying at the Beach club soon....its my family favorite!

Upvote 0

figmentmom

I didn't know if that would be bad form. When the hubby and I go in a few weeks we are celebrating our 15th anniversary, Mother's Day, and his 36th birthday. I figured we'd wear the corresponding buttons on the proper day(s). Would it be tacky to wear them more than just the corresponding days? I would love to but don't want to push my luck or be out of line. :p

Go ahead and wear the buttons on whatever day you want - and for as MANY days as you want! Disney won't mind, and it's not bad form at all. What better way to celebrate?

As for the gift - how about something kind of silly, like a pair of Mickey Mouse socks, or a tie? You can find great stuff at World of Disney in Downtown Disney, if you can shop by yourself for just a few minutes (send him to get an ice cream or something!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom