Spearheading a project to build the REAL EPCOT

Tim G

SirNim said:
For the record, I'm pretty sure hugh009 is Warren Buffet... :lookaroun
I'm pretty sure, we'll see him never again... he kept it only to ONE post... probably an existing user, logged in under another name... to keep things......... magical??? :lookaroun

Tim G

peter11435 said:
Celebration does have stoplights. And there is no high tech transportation in Celebration.
Got a segway in the garage... and the ladder in my backyard...doesn't that count?

imagineer boy

Okay, umm.... I really have no idea of what to make of this thread. :lol: This will go down in history along with the thread where that one person faked a WDI concept sketch of a new Skyway car. Anyone remember that?

WOW!!! This is awsome, I want to see the inner domed area of the city to be as Walt origionally wanted it to be and that is a shopping center designed around different countries. That is where Epcot's WOrld Showcase ideas came from. and for you people who don't believe it could have never happened even if Walt did live on, Take a look at this New place called Dubai Land" I highly sudgest you look it up because it's actually happening and it will be a major competitor for all disney parks. Maybe that is why they are trying to infiltrate china now. THe only problem i realy have with this project is they say no other person has ever had this idea before, but i always say in my mind, or out loud that Walt was the first. and this guy is just coppying walts Idea on a grander scale.

check out 'Dubai Land' on google.

very interesting

peter11435

Laufschneller65 said:
WOW!!! This is awsome, I want to see the inner domed area of the city to be as Walt origionally wanted it to be and that is a shopping center designed around different countries. That is where Epcot's WOrld Showcase ideas came from. and for you people who don't believe it could have never happened even if Walt did live on, Take a look at this New place called Dubai Land" I highly sudgest you look it up because it's actually happening and it will be a major competitor for all disney parks. Maybe that is why they are trying to infiltrate china now. THe only problem i realy have with this project is they say no other person has ever had this idea before, but i always say in my mind, or out loud that Walt was the first. and this guy is just coppying walts Idea on a grander scale.

check out 'Dubai Land' on google.

very interesting
Dubailand will never be a major competitor to the Disney parks. Its on the other side world. Not to mention that in today’s world the majority of people who travel to Disney parks especially most of the Americans are not going to be willing to travel to the Middle East.

peter11435 said:
Dubailand will never be a major competitor to the Disney parks. Its on the other side world. Not to mention that in today’s world the majority of people who travel to Disney parks especially most of the Americans are not going to be willing to travel to the Middle East.

6 Billion Dollars to build, how great can it be? How much was EE???? Get my point.

Dragonrider1227

I always thought Walt's EPCOT was an interesting idea, but I honestly didn't think it'd work. But then, they said the same thing about Disneyland. ;)

Interruption?

Have you looked at the concept art in the brochure on the dubailand website? It looks absolutely HUGE and unsustainable. Those sketches prove why you have to start small and build like Disney does. If dubailand builds that big for the opening it would be financial suicide.

peter11435

Interruption? said:
Have you looked at the concept art in the brochure on the dubailand website? It looks absolutely HUGE and unsustainable. Those sketches prove why you have to start small and build like Disney does. If dubailand builds that big for the opening it would be financial suicide.
If they plan to build everything seen in those sketches for just 6 billion then there is no way it will be very high quality.

Dragonrider1227

Interruption? said:
No kidding. There IS a method to Disney's maddness sometimes.

PintoColvig

Interruption? said:

It is the Middle East. Is there any oil money backing it up?

disneysailor

peter11435 said:

Erm, yeah. Dubai is the other side of the world from the US, but did it occur to you that they probably don't care about that? America isn't the only tourism market you know. The world is a great big place and they can get enough business from the massive economies of the Middle East, Europe, Russia and Asia within their catchment area to more than fill their parks and hotels.

Dubai is expanding as a major tourist destination and centre of commerce, with more hotels being built, new beaches, resorts, private islands, skyscrapers, airports, transport projects etc. all the time. In Europe it's known as a liberal Arab state, and already it's just a normal to take a vacation in Dubai, as it is in Spain or Greece.

They are being very clever in building a huge tourist infrastructure with oil revenues before the oil runs out, and then they have commerce and tourism to fall back on. The current resources of the Emirates and their reliable climate mean that the likes of Disneyland Paris and Universal Port Aventura should be very worried if Dubailand becomes a reality.

Even WDW Florida would suffer as Europeans wouldn't bother going to the States anymore (and therefore miss out on the revenues created as most British families, for example, stay in Florida for two weeks, as opposed to most American families who stay for a few days). I'm sure over time, there will be an increasing number of Americans who will be tempted to visit as well...

Dubai welcomes visitors with open arms and yet the USA is making it increasingly difficult for tourists to visit. The US is well known for rude surly immigration staff, holding foreigners at airports for hours, and increased bureaucracy both at ports of entry and at overseas emabssies (even for the British, probably the closest US ally!).

Don't get me wrong, I love the States and have a great deal of respect fondness for the American people, which is why companies like Disney need to look at what is happening around the world. Dubailand can become a major competitor- they can afford to build and sustain something bigger and better than WDW. I would hate to see WDW and American tourism suffer as a result of arrogance.

peter11435

disneysailor said:
Erm, yeah. Dubai is the other side of the world from the US, but did it occur to you that they probably don't care about that? America isn't the only tourism market you know.

I never said Dubailand won't be successful. I said they will never be a major competitor to WDW and I stand by that statement. Dubailan will create its own market, and while it will certainly pull some (read: very little) from WDW the vast majority of WDW guests are not going to travel there.

pintraderpayee

peter11435 said:
I never said Dubailand won't be successful. I said they will never be a major competitor to WDW and I stand by that statement. Dubailan will create its own market, and while it will certainly pull some (read: very little) from WDW the vast majority of WDW guests are not going to travel there.

I would bet that the majority of guests at WDW are Americans who cannot afford to travel abroad extensively. I bring approx. 25 students annually to WDW for the Youth Education Series. 150+ and counting...they as adults will most likely NOT travel overseas, but will visit WDW with their children. Multiply just the teachers that travel as I to WDW and see the trickle down effect in about 15 years....average Americans with modest incomes don't globetrot...WDW is doable. This is not American arrogance...just reality. I think the OP here is an instigator like some of my students that start mess and then sit back and laugh at the uproar:goodnevil

21 days until the "yellow limo" rolls (27 teens-school bus-930 miles:sohappy: :hammer: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom