Spearheading a project to build the REAL EPCOT

raven

I smell a BS'er! You will notice the number of posts this has made...1. Like we would believe Disney would ever release a copy of the blue prints to an outside source for them to do what they want with. Nice try.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Enderikari said:
Quoted from Walt Disney: An American Original Page 339

With his customary distrust of politicians, Walt Disney sought unprecendented freedom to develop a model city without interference. Donn Tatum pointed out that what he really wanted was "an experimental, absolute monoarchy." Walt raised an eyebrow and asked puckishly, "Can I have one?" "No," Tatum replied

Unfortunately, the state of Florida agreed, and would have never granted that kind of power to the Disney company, EPCOT the city was doomed to failure from the start

In my limited understand of the idea, there were three major dealbreakers...

1) It's Florida! For the same reason we have utilidors "underground first floor", we could never have E.P.C.O.T. Transportation required (I believe) five stories underground to handle cars and mass transportation...which doesn't agree with the water table.

2) Money...Disney continues to find it a challenge to maintain reliable sponsors for existing parks...it's highly unlikely that they could get the backing for this.

3) Politics...as Enderikari stated, Fla. wouldn't allow it, as it is locals constantly challenge Reedy Creek. A monarchy may work better, and I would offer that the Disney property municipal system works better than any other...politicians labelling it as "undemocratic" therefore evil could never allow a more efficient system to exist.

PBarton

This is reply number 64, and still no more information from the original poster....

Unless of course, he is off clearing trees and laying foundations for this multi billion dollar project.

:veryconfu

disneybeavs

In reference to Dubailand, The Palms and The World are two of the most exotic and beautiful models I have ever seen for a city. When they are completed, they will be the closest thing to the Original Concept of EPCOT. If you want to check it out, it's pretty amazing. http://www.palmsales.ca/ I think its very possible to create Dubailand, and it might actually prove to be some sort of place to bring Middle Easterners together. I'm definately not going to cancel out the possibility.

AEfx

Interruption? said:
Have you looked at the concept art in the brochure on the dubailand website? It looks absolutely HUGE and unsustainable. Those sketches prove why you have to start small and build like Disney does. If dubailand builds that big for the opening it would be financial suicide.
Actually, if you read about Dubailand that's exactly the plan. I believe they have outlined four stages, the last of which is expected to be completed in like 2020. It's also not just a theme park...it's an entire city. The theme park section is actually only a small part of the entire complex.

That said, I agree it isn't going to put much of a dent in WDW, especially for American visitors. The Middle East, no matter what themed attraction they build, isn't even on the radar for vacations for the vast majority of people. I'm sure it will be a big draw in that reigon, but most people (even Europeans) aren't going to travel to the middle of the desert in an Arab country just to see a really huge mall with rides. I'm sure Michael Jackson will have his own suite there, but other than that I wouldn't expect a lot of visitors from this side of the globe.

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom