Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

montyz81

I LOVE this attraction!
Me too. Not that this is hard to do, but I won’t go on any other ride before SSE when visiting Epcot. In fact I was once with a special events crew walking from International gateway to Oddesey. It was dark and there were about 100 of us. I broke away and ran down to SSE to take a ride. When I joined back up in Oddesey, I used the bathroom excuse.

Bender123

Me too. Not that this is hard to do, but I won’t go on any other ride before SSE when visiting Epcot. In fact I was once with a special events crew walking from International gateway to Oddesey. It was dark and there were about 100 of us. I broke away and ran down to SSE to take a ride. When I joined back up in Oddesey, I used the bathroom excuse.

I was planning a trip for 2020 and decided against it, just because SE is supposed to be under a major refurb. Nope...I wont do WDW without this ride. I know its not as good as it used to be, but even in ts lowered state, its still better than just about any dark ride in existence. I have only been to WDW once without a ride on SE and that was before Epcot even opened.

Bender123

Don’t bank on it.

So is that cancelled or delayed now? Wasn't it just last summer it was all but certain that SE was going to get a major refurb that included a ride system upgrade, new effects and new ending?

I drink a lot of beer, so I may have drunkenly erased anything having to do with that over the past few months...

Edit: that wasn't even that long ago... https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/spaceship-earth-refurb-2-year-closure.950493/
Granted that it was never "official", but it sure seemed likely.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So is that cancelled or delayed now? Wasn't it just last summer it was all but certain that SE was going to get a major refurb that included a ride system upgrade, new effects and new ending?

I drink a lot of beer, so I may have drunkenly erased anything having to do with that over the past few months...

Edit: that wasn't even that long ago... https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/spaceship-earth-refurb-2-year-closure.950493/
Granted that it was never "official", but it sure seemed likely.
All I can say is I wasn’t aware of one until much later than 2020.

Dragonman

Thanks to Hoot Gibson, here’s what happened to the astronauts after their use in the Space Mountain post show...

Last edited:

TOCPE82

Wow, I remember reading this thread YEARS ago.... and just caught up on the last few years. Some fantastic information.

As for the projection chariot in the Rome scene, I was told the projector is still there, but it was covered up since the Siemens execs "didn't like it" or something to that effect. I don't remember where or who told me that, but the insinuated that the projector itself is still running and that they just blocked it from showing. Any thoughts?

raymusiccity

Wow, I remember reading this thread YEARS ago.... and just caught up on the last few years. Some fantastic information.

As for the projection chariot in the Rome scene, I was told the projector is still there, but it was covered up since the Siemens execs "didn't like it" or something to that effect. I don't remember where or who told me that, but the insinuated that the projector itself is still running and that they just blocked it from showing. Any thoughts?
Yes. I think it's something akin to 'If a tree falls in the forest, but, there's no one around to hear it'......:)

JJJ

Well, the bulb has to be burned out by now, but either way this is something that would really surprise me, because it still costs a (probably insignificant) amount of money to run. Though I think it is believable that the projector (or at least infrastructure/stand for the projector) would still be there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom