Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

wedway6482

An infinity cove of stars / lights. I’ve tried to simulate this in the 82 edit since I cannot for the life of me find any footage (I went from a test image verified by people who worked on the project).

Thanks for quick response! Saw what the image in 82 video was representing, just didn't know meaning. Especially in 94 video where you said those scenes were only 8 years old.

Not counting mannequins in any of the versions, are we up or down on AA count from 82, and is today's garage figure even an AA? From my viewing it looks like the ride has less today than 82?

wedway6482

bump

So watching Martin's videos am I correct in the scene listing and the following net loss of AAs from 1982?

-1 Egyptian on scaffolding
+2 Greeks (1 came from Renaissance, where did the other AA come from?)
-1 Scholars right side of track
-1 Scholars left side of track (Went to mainframe)
-1 Printing Press sitting down/Cronkite computer bedroom
-1 Renaissance (Went to the Greeks)
-1 Radio Booth (Went to mainframe)
-1 Network Control right side of track
-1 Network Control right/paperless office woman
-1 Network Control left side of track
+2 Mainframe computers (Scholar & Radio Booth)
-1 Woman in space station

Is the Jobs/Woz figure an AA, an AA from somewhere else in ride? Or is it static figure with limited movement? Also, the extra caveman and 60's family member were static non AA figures from the 94 Internet show scene.

Without Jobs/Woz being an AA does that mean the ride has lost 6 AAs since 1982?

How much of this is correct?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Oh I go the Mousebits route too but I know most won't bother with a torrent, that's why I post the YouTube links/channel instead.

That's a good point. But as long as you sign up for Vimeo (a free account), you can download Martin's videos directly from that site as well, in multiple resolutions to boot! :) That means no traffic for Google/YouTube also. (I hide my near-hatred for Google well, don't you think? ;) )

trainplane3

That's a good point. But as long as you sign up for Vimeo (a free account), you can download Martin's videos directly from that site as well, in multiple resolutions to boot! :) That means no traffic for Google/YouTube also. (I hide my near-hatred for Google well, don't you think? ;) )
Hah, I completely get it though. I stopped caring a while ago besides, jokes on them for the poor soul that has to go through my internet history.

I know someone (with way more hate then you and lives in near terror) that refuses to get a Chromecast and internet with speeds fast then 5mbs because they're scared of Google, Apple, and Microsoft. Mean while, he has an Android smartphone, Google account, uses Windows 10, and pirates occasionally.

Let's just remind each other this is about the SS in SSE (see what I did there?) before we both get too off track.:)

This thread has forever ruined my ability to read Intel's technical documentation. Every mention of SSE (Streaming SIMD Extensions) gets interpreted as the EPCOT ride. Thank god the new versions are called AVX :p

Do we know anything about what exactly happened in 2007? I seem to recall hearing that there was a plan to do a new version of Tomorrow's Child and they had even recorded an updated version of the song, but clearly that didn't end up getting used on the ride. Was "touchscreens and black curtains" the plan from the get-go?

Bender123

Does anybody miss the Network Operations scene, right before 180top? Yeah...me neither...

Its funny, because everybody has a specific area or part of a scene that has been altered, but the one scene that was completely removed, nobody ever mentions. Looking at it, today, it just looks so hilariously 1970s view of what the 2000s will look like. Im totally fine with gogo boot comp-sci girl in its its place.

Bender123

I do as well, and or the one with the Japanese house and the beautiful lit cherry blossom tree that they so lovingly folded up like an umbrella and stashed it in a corner, will never forgive them for that. :) among other things.

Doesn't count...that was introduced in version 3.

wedway6482

Would love to know how far off I was in guessing the AA changes from version 1 to now in my previous post. Some of it seems so unnecessary, especially when you think of all the surplus AAs they still have from other AA ride closures even in the 90s. Is there a good place to read that has already dissected all the changes at that level?

Last edited:

Castle Cake Apologist

Would love to know how far off I was in guessing the AA changes from version 1 to now in my previous post. Some of it seems so unnecessary, especially when you think of all the surplus AAs they have to still have from other AA ride closures. Is there a good place to read that has already dissected all the changes at that level?

Not sure if such a thing already exists, but Martin would probably be your best source for information. He's the leading expert on SSE and all of its variations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom