• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Were the cars reprogrammed to face away from the structure to focus on the updated scene? If not then it might just have been to draw guest eyeline at that particular moment. Oh boy, guess I have to go re-watch Marni's SSE videos to find out! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
Ahhhh this thread :)

No car reprogramming. As you begin the descent under the blue lights look back over your right shoulder. You should see it inside of the track curve, at about head height. As you descend and curve it becomes clearer. Just before the blue lights end you’re right below it.

(locked myself out of my old account, oops)
Wow, great picture!
I can't seem to figure out the scale on the station. In the new picture, it looks 6-8 feet tall, but in the old picture with the AA, it looks to be 15-20 feet tall. How large is this thing?

I'd love to see a pic of what the inside looks like today. Based on the 1996 tour video, it looks like you can get back there via a service hatch of some sort, which makes sense given that AAs need maintenance and getting up there from the front would be a pain.

@Expo_Seeker40 Marni mentioned in a previous post that the AA is still there without the coverings.

Pixieish

I can't even begin to express my appreciation for this entire thread and for all the hard work @marni1971 does with the pics and videos! My first WDW trip was in 1987 (I was 15), and I swore up and down on my honeymoon in 2000 that there were "space things" missing at the end. I just spent the morning reading through this entire thread. It's nice to know I'm not suffering from creative memory! I really wish they'd re-do the end to give us even half the amount of inspiration the original gave.

I can't even begin to express my appreciation for this entire thread and for all the hard work @marni1971 does with the pics and videos! My first WDW trip was in 1987 (I was 15), and I swore up and down on my honeymoon in 2000 that there were "space things" missing at the end. I just spent the morning reading through this entire thread. It's nice to know I'm not suffering from creative memory! I really wish they'd re-do the end to give us even half the amount of inspiration the original gave.
Inspiration is an upcharge.

Top Bottom