Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

Bender123

The thread that keeps on giving...

With the virtual destruction of the Epcot theme, I wish they would use SE as a reminder of what Epcot used to be. It would be so awesome to use those stupid screens as a source of historical information about the ride. It would be fitting to have the option to choose your SE version at the language select (audio and video of how the ride was during that period) and have the screens display the attraction history of each scene. You cold ride it five times and get five different rides that way.

I know it would never happen, but if we are going to keep updating it, it would be nice to give us older people a throwback way to learn more about the ride and relive some old experiences.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
An office block is being built near my place of work. Look what it’s being clad in

25B9F662-59A3-4DAF-89F4-22EC20435A06.jpeg

KikoKea

Heading to DW in 4 weeks, and SE is one of my Fastpasses. Despite the pitiful, poor descent, coupled with the glare of a computer screen in our eyes, SE is still one of our favorites and is always the last ride/last memory at Epcot before we leave. I'm hoping they will give some love to SE during the upcoming changes, but fear what we might end up with if they tinker and "upgrade" too much.

DoctorWho.48

Thanks for that update! Were you allowed to take videos or photos on your tour as that group did back in 1996 that's on YouTube (link for those who haven't seen it: )

If so, it would be great to see some more recent pics and videos

Unfortunately they don’t allow pictures or videos anymore. They don’t even take tours up the ramp at 180 top anymore to see the star ball, but our tour guides were nice to us because we were all futureworld cast members so we got to see things other groups don’t get to see ;)

yensidtlaw1969

to anyone who may care

This is a great shot - thanks for sharing!

What amazes me most about this structure is how far out of the way I have to turn to look and see it each time I’m on the ride - was it really at all visible to anyone back in the day?

It seems to be basically behind the guests at all times, except for this brief moment where it’s directly overhead - probably part of why it was so easy to believe for so long that it had been removed long ago.

Movielover

It seems to be basically behind the guests at all times, except for this brief moment where it’s directly overhead - probably part of why it was so easy to believe for so long that it had been removed long ago.

Were the cars reprogrammed to face away from the structure to focus on the updated scene? If not then it might just have been to draw guest eyeline at that particular moment. Oh boy, guess I have to go re-watch Marni's SSE videos to find out! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom