Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

ULPO46

I remember seeing the Spaceship during the AT&T Sponsorship. I believe during the last update to the ride they covered it up. It's still there. I know so because i'm an idiot and like to point my flashlight into the dome so i can see the interior of the panels. It's a remarkable feat of engineering.

RSoxNo1

In Renaissance, there were originally 2 young musician AA's in the back of the scene. One playing strings, the other playing a lute. There is a strings AA is still in the current version, with a different AA next to it now.
We were riding yesterday and listening to the Jeremy Irons narration. I had forgotten about the elevated animatronic across from the papyrus Egyptian. He's no longer there.

articos

We were riding yesterday and listening to the Jeremy Irons narration. I had forgotten about the elevated animatronic across from the papyrus Egyptian. He's no longer there.
It's funny, I don't even remember much of Jeremy's narration. I remember and can quote nearly all of Cronkite's, however. I hopped on SSE the other day as well, and was disappointed in how poorly it's being maintained right now. Light bleed everywhere, all of the star curtains are messed up, effects, lights and projectors are out all over the place. And I hate the in-vehicle video screens. Absolutely, positively hate them.

ABQ

Can anyone confirm, does the AA hawking newspapers "Extra...Extra" actually have a face anymore? Why was the kid turned around anyway?

Goofyernmost

that is a discussion in a half lol, but one of the dumbest things they ever did,,and no hes still facing the back wall.
And yet again, there is a reason. We are time traveling. We are an invisible group of people unseen by those that are part of the scenes. Why would the paperboy be trying to sell papers to someone that he cannot see and don't exist in real time. What he is doing now, if you look carefully is hawking his papers on the street corners to people that are actually there in his time and space. It's not a back wall he is facing it is the street in front of him.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
And yet again, there is a reason. We are time traveling. We are an invisible group of people unseen by those that are part of the scenes. Why would the paperboy be trying to sell papers to someone that he cannot see and don't exist in real time. What he is doing now, if you look carefully is hawking his papers on the street corners to people that are actually there in his time and space. It's not a back wall he is facing it is the street in front of him.
That's my take on it too.
That being said, I preferred when he tried to sell papers to us.

aladdin2007

call it what you want, it was still an idiotic move.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
call it what you want, it was still an idiotic move.

Yup... and they trot out that stupid re-imagined back story to explain why he's facing away... Worse yet, it's repeated every time this gets brought up now. I wonder what the original back story was when he faced us.... They got it wrong originally and it took them 3 rehabs to fix it?

*1023*

Goofyernmost

Yup... and they trot out that stupid re-imagined back story to explain why he's facing away... Worse yet, it's repeated every time this gets brought up now. I wonder what the original back story was when he faced us.... They got it wrong originally and it took them 3 rehabs to fix it?

*1023*
Well, if you can't think of one other single logical reason to go to all the effort of changing it's location, then that is quite possibly why they did it. It really makes more sense to the story to have it facing toward the street and not toward us. And (gasp) yes it is possible that no one thought of it until 3 rehabs. When you consider how stupid you folks think that those imagineers are, why isn't that possible? Saying it in yet another sarcastic manner still doesn't make it any more correct.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Well, if you can't think of one other single logical reason to go to all the effort of changing it's location, then that is quite possibly why they did it. It really makes more sense to the story to have it facing toward the street and not toward us. And (gasp) yes it is possible that no one thought of it until 3 rehabs. When you consider how stupid you folks think that those imagineers are, why isn't that possible? Saying it in yet another sarcastic manner still doesn't make it any more correct.

Be careful stating that I, at any point, insinuated or stated that imagineers are stupid. (I have often called management and executives less then forward thinking and other choice adjectives.) The ride was built with him facing forward. They moved him for an undeclared reason. The heavily rumored and sometimes verified reason is his face was no longer operable for indeterminate reasons ( I witnessed the creepy version of the disembodied voice from the inoperable face on several occasion before his "move".). If we are not part of the story (or as Dame Dench says in her narration "in it") why would it matter what direction he faced. Many attractions acknowledge your presence even if you were not in the original story. I tire of this weak defense/explanation. Go back to deciding what details are important, it's more fun that way. Oh wait...that's what you are doing....

Are you a brand advocate?

*1023*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom