Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

Hatbox12

image.jpg image.jpg
This link is no longer working....is there a better/updated one?

Goofyernmost

Fittingly, I've an announcement and it should be in this thread.

Window girl is still intact. Minus clothing the skeleton AA is still in position behind the blacked out window.

As usual, don't ask how I know.
I'm sorry, but, I am having a mental block on the "Window Girl". Where was she located?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm sorry, but, I am having a mental block on the "Window Girl". Where was she located?
Top of the space station....

Today, as you're travelling backwards and are passing the blue hanging lights at the start of the descent she was above you and over your shoulder just before the blue lights end.

You can still see the cylinder that used to hold her and the covered window today if you look up and behind you as you descend and turn the curve. There's clear photos earlier in this thread showing the area pre 2007, but to recap

The area as you start the descent, when her cylinder is level with you:

image.jpg

And from a riders point of view as you pass under:

image.jpg

The window was in the narrower lower section. Hopefully between these photos and the embedded video it'll make sense.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Today, as you're travelling backwards and are passing the blue hanging lights at the start of the descent she was above you and over your shoulder just before the blue lights end.

You can still see the cylinder that used to hold her and the covered window today if you look up and behind you as you descend and turn the curve. There's clear photos earlier in this thread showing the area pre 2007, but to recap

View attachment 92697

View attachment 92698

The window was in the narrower lower section. Hopefully between these photos and the embedded video it'll make sense.
Now that you point the place out, yes, I do remember that. That seems like a very long time ago though. Maybe at or before the Cronkite era.

Figment Newton

MartinsVidDotNet on youtube has a good video that talks about this former spaceship and also shows some good footage/photos of it if I remember correctly. I believe it is the video called sse tribute or maybe sse 86. The channel has several really good videos over SSE.

Hatbox12

View attachment 92697

View attachment 92698

So she was in the lower section, not the top?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
That video is wrong. She had gone by 1994. The whole station was removed in the Irons makeover.
The video shows her...so, it must be from an earlier ridethrough (not uncommon for those youtube older ridethroughs to have the wrong date associated with it).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom