Spaceship Earth's horrid touchscreen descent is ruining my next vacation.

Dorzey

If epcot is only spaceship earth to you than you clearly don't get it anyway. Just give me your miserable trip and my family will gladly carry your burden for 11 days

Montyboy

I ordered eggs over easy at a diner this morning. When they arrived at my table one of the yolks was broken.

I sat in my car and cried for half an hour before I could drive.

imagineer boy

I don't think one ride can ruin your vacation. Last time I went to WDW, it was the first time I was going back since they'd gotten rid of AE and replaced it with Stitch. Stitch was horrible of course, but I still had a fun trip.

JML42691

You sir are pathetic and as others have said earlier, I also have no sympathy for you. You should be lucky that you'll have the chance of riding, I went in August when there was not SSE, and I had an amazing time. And you do realize that those were only soft openings (the ride isn't finished, and they are probably going to do more work on it).

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
If epcot is only spaceship earth to you than you clearly don't get it anyway. Just give me your miserable trip and my family will gladly carry your burden for 11 days

I like this one :king:

...and it's a first post too! Welcome and nicely said!

Maerj

I'm not going to do a personal attack on the OP, I can tell that SSE means a lot to him and that he clearly doesn't like the new ending. I think he IS def overreacting by not going to the park at all. I suggest you go with your trip as planned. If the ending of the ride makes you that angry, write or call Disney. You can find all the email/addresses you need on this site somewhere. Tell them, in a polite way, what you think.

Its always better to take action, no matter how small, on something you believe in, rather than just complain on a message board to people who may or may not sympathize with you at all.

mousebymarriage

Do you know how absolutely ridiculous you sound?

How many families out there would do anything in the world to be able to go to Disney for 11 nights? Why don't you go find someone who is hungry and can't scrounge together enough money to buy their children a decent Christmas gift and whine to them about how you are going to Disney for 11 nights, but the whole vacation is already a complete disaster because they changed ONE ride. See how much sympathy you can get.

I have ZERO sympathy for you. Appreciate the fact that you can afford an 11 night trip when most people in the world can't, appreciate the fact that Disney has hundreds and hundreds of other stellar attractions to amuse you, and stop complaining that poor you is going to Disney World and poor you will be subjected to a FRIGGIN RIDE.

I'm disgusted. Sorry.
I totally agree with Laura22's words of wisdom!
Get over it it's just a ride. Do you know how many people would LOVE to go to Disney or on vacation at all but, can't afford it. When I was a child we were too poor to go on vacation at all, we lived day to day. I have since been fortunate enough to marry a man who is able to provide our children with a wonderful Disney vacation once a year. In April I fell on the first day at Disney and sprained my ankle so bad I could barely walk on it but, I didn't let it ruin my vacation. I rented a little scooter thing and continued on with the trip. Life is too short to let stupid things ruin your vacation, enjoy the many, many other rides and attractions Disney has to offer.

dandaman

There seems to be a pattern recently where you click on a thread expecting a sarcastic, witty joke, and end up reconsidering your stance on humanity. :shrug:

wdwfan22

I just booked my longest vacation yet at disneyworld.. 11 nights.. and i planned to spend a few days/nights in epcot but ever since seeing my favorite Epcot ride's horrid touchscreen of death.. I just can't get excited about going to Epcot at all.. so now im scrambling to find replacements like Universal and SeaWorld for days that would have been extra epcot days since I'll prolly only do Epcot once now. Even my first day is ruined.. the plan was to arrive in disney world around 11am and go to Epcot in the early afternoon just to ride SpaceShip Earth and have lunch.. then bop to Magic Kingdom for the night. Now I guess we'll just go to magic kingdom so its not that big of deal.. but man.. what a let down that ending looks like.. totally has me bummed out and honestly it ruined my trip a bit.. since i had so many epcot days planned.. and now with universal and seaworld taking its spots its hard to plan my dinners around them arghhhhh. sorry for rant. :fork:

PS: Is the trivia summary thing permanent? Is the flash animation final? Is there any chance that the ending will be changed by march?? :mad:

Epcot is more than just Spaceship Earth. You clearly don't get it at all. I agree with the others I have no sympathy for you. Why not just cancel your whole trip.

Damien666

Oi, words cannot really describe what I'm feeling right now.

I can clearly understand people being upset over the screens on SSE, but skipping the entire park of Epoct because of it is absolutly LUDICRIOUS!

Just because my favorite attraction of all time (Alien Encounter) was replaced by SGE, does that mean I should skip the Magic Kingdom because of it? No, there's more to MK then one attraction...I would only skip the park if every attraction was SGE but that's not the case.

Like others have said, Epcot is more then SSE. All I can say is lighten up, if you get all in a tussel over one attraction then something is just not right. Especially when people would kill to have 11 nights at WDW.

Besides, the current form of SSE is not a total failure. One, it's not 100% compleate and two, what they did to the ascent is really fantastic with all the updated AA's etc.

michael92

Im impressed at how some people moan about how this guy should get a life, when some act just like this. Or maybe im just wrong, and no one from the thread I made half a year ago has commented here.
EDIT: BTW, if you dont want your vacation, I could really use some of the money destined to it.

phichi17

Im impressed at how some people moan about how this guy should get a life, when some act just like this. Or maybe im just wrong, and no one from the thread I made half a year ago has commented here.
EDIT: BTW, if you dont want your vacation, I could really use some of the money destined to it.
A year and a half ago? Your join date shows this year. Just curious.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think the OP was joking. :shrug:

At least I hope he was. :eek:

spilt_milk.jpg

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
Of course I was joking. God.. this is a disney forum about disney world.. so i brought a topic out to get some talk going... but had no idea it would get so many peoples panties in a bunch. Use your heads people.. you think i would do 11 days in disney and not want to do epcot?? Ehhhh. I still think the screens stink tho :)

Rosenrot

...I personally liked the touchscreen ending when we rode it last week.

And I would not let one thing let your entire time at Epcot be ruined - its my favourite park, and there are *plenty* of other things to do. Besides, the rest of the ride is the same, so you can still experience that.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
...I personally liked the touchscreen ending when we rode it last week.

And I would not let one thing let your entire time at Epcot be ruined - its my favourite park, and there are *plenty* of other things to do. Besides, the rest of the ride is the same, so you can still experience that.

Yah i def am going to check it out.. im just hope they fix the descent a little more before hand.. it used to be my fav ride in epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom