Spaceship Earth's horrid touchscreen descent is ruining my next vacation.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
I just booked my longest vacation yet at disneyworld.. 11 nights.. and i planned to spend a few days/nights in epcot but ever since seeing my favorite Epcot ride's horrid touchscreen of death.. I just can't get excited about going to Epcot at all.. so now im scrambling to find replacements like Universal and SeaWorld for days that would have been extra epcot days since I'll prolly only do Epcot once now. Even my first day is ruined.. the plan was to arrive in disney world around 11am and go to Epcot in the early afternoon just to ride SpaceShip Earth and have lunch.. then bop to Magic Kingdom for the night. Now I guess we'll just go to magic kingdom so its not that big of deal.. but man.. what a let down that ending looks like.. totally has me bummed out and honestly it ruined my trip a bit.. since i had so many epcot days planned.. and now with universal and seaworld taking its spots its hard to plan my dinners around them arghhhhh. sorry for rant. :fork:

PS: Is the trivia summary thing permanent? Is the flash animation final? Is there any chance that the ending will be changed by march?? :mad:

maggiegrace1

Seriously..There is more to Epcot then Spaceship Earth...

If you do not like the ending then do not ride...Simple as that.

Also if this one thing is going to ruin your trip well then something is wrong there...

:)

dismedic

I just booked my longest vacation yet at disneyworld.. 11 nights.. and i planned to spend a few days/nights in epcot but ever since seeing my favorite Epcot ride's horrid touchscreen of death.. I just can't get excited about going to Epcot at all.. so now im scrambling to find replacements like Universal and SeaWorld for days that would have been extra epcot days since I'll prolly only do Epcot once now. Even my first day is ruined.. the plan was to arrive in disney world around 11am and go to Epcot in the early afternoon just to ride SpaceShip Earth and have lunch.. then bop to Magic Kingdom for the night. Now I guess we'll just go to magic kingdom so its not that big of deal.. but man.. what a let down that ending looks like.. totally has me bummed out and honestly it ruined my trip a bit.. since i had so many epcot days planned.. and now with universal and seaworld taking its spots its hard to plan my dinners around them arghhhhh. sorry for rant. :fork:

PS: Is the trivia summary thing permanent? Is the flash animation final? Is there any chance that the ending will be changed by march?? :mad:

Umm really simple do not go to EPCOT just go to Universal problem solved no need to rant about it on here,

Truly I don't understand your logic in your complaint sort of like I have a cut on my finger so I need to chop off my arm to get rid of the cut on my finger:hammer:

Little Green Men

I don't get it! Why would SSE descent make you want to skip Epcot? There's so many great things to do there, You shouldn't let SSE spoil your time! Just so you know, The trivia thing has almost completely gone away, and the ending is a lot cooler with your face on it! You should keep up!

jakeman

This thread is going to be awesome.

You sir, lived a blessed life if something this small upsets you this much.

jedimaster1227

If this tiny piece of Disney is large enough to upset you this much, I would start going to Six Flags, where people don't get upset about high-cost, high tech effects, but by long waits, little/no theming and poorly maintained areas. Honestly, if this bothers you so much, don't ride it. The simplest solution I think any of us could offer.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Oh my. One attraction ruining an entire vacation.

You know, on October 1st of this year several hundred people came together to celebrate a very special place. EPCOT. We visited attractions, we watched a beautiful ceremony rededicating our park, and we listened to a Disney Legend talk about how it all came together. We didn't ride Spaceship Earth that day because we couldn't, but somehow we still managed to have one of the most memorable days that we will ever have at EPCOT. Some of us are disappointed that Horizons is gone. Others are disappointed that Journey Into Your Imagination has changed, but we rode, we reminisced and we were thankful for what we had that day. WDW, and EPCOT in particular are not about one individual ride. It is about a vision, and an ever changing reality, which keeps it fresh. For example... do I love the new Gran Fiesta or do I prefer the old attraction? I have my opinion, but does it really matter? Does it ruin my day? I'm in EPCOT!!! How could my day be any better.

jedimaster1227

Oh my. One attraction ruining an entire vacation.

You know, on October 1st of this year several hundred people came together to celebrate a very special place. EPCOT. We visited attractions, we watched a beautiful ceremony rededicating our park, and we listened to a Disney Legend talk about how it all came together. We didn't ride Spaceship Earth that day because we couldn't, but somehow we still managed to have one of the most memorable days that we will ever have at EPCOT. Some of us are disappointed that Horizons is gone. Others are disappointed that Journey Into Your Imagination has changed, but we rode, we reminisced and we were thankful for what we had that day. WDW, and EPCOT in particular are not about one individual ride. It is about a vision, and an ever changing reality, which keeps it fresh. For example... do I love the new Gran Fiesta or do I prefer the old attraction? I have my opinion, but does it really matter? Does it ruin my day? I'm in EPCOT!!! How could my day be any better.

A perfect way of explaining a perfect day! :D:sohappy::D

DisneyMusician2

What do you say when you are out of words?

Try to check it out for yourself before you go and let it RUIN your whole trip! :confused::confused:

And why should half of one ride ruin an entie extra day at Epcot? There is quite a lot to see and do. If you need some recommendations of other great attractions in Epcot, I am sure that the people on these boards would be more than happy to help in that regard!

Otherwise, don't get too excited and try to simply enjoy your trip!!

Rufus T Firefly

Seriously now, you're kidding, right? :lol:

kaylasmom

I just got home from Epcot.

I was reserving judgement about the new SSE changes because of all the hoopla on this board, most of it being negative.

I must say....

I was totally disappointed. I hated nearly everything about it, didn't like the script, didn't like the narrator's voice, the trip down was bad, and I didn't care for the touch screen monitors either. Not that they were a bad idea, but I didn't like what it was supposed to do, and ours quit working and restarted 3 times on the way down. When we got to the end of the ride, I informed a CM that the monitor in our car didn't work and he asked me if I wanted to ride again. I thanked him, but declined. The worst part about the ride today was that it was hotter than h-e-doublehockeysticks, it was nearly 80 degrees today, why wasn't the air conditioning on?

I must say however, that the global neighborhood (or whatever they are calling that area now) was quite good. It was definitely much improved over the AT&T era.

It certainly didn't ruin my whole trip to Epcot, but I will not make the effort to go see it again unless they make serious changes to the ride. The sign out front said that the official re-opening was not until Februrary, so hopefully they are still working some things out.

scottnj1966

I think the new update of the ride is pretty good.
When I saw what everyone was writing I thought it was going to be bad.
Its not. They did a great job.
To many critics here. I am learning not to listen to anyone here.

They seem to be down on everything. Dont go anymore. Go to Universal or Busch Gardens.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It`s been said before - wait until the end of Feb, and then start complaining if needs be.

In the meantime, just ensure you tell any suits or CMs you feel the descent is lacking.

Laura

Premium Member

Do you know how absolutely ridiculous you sound?

How many families out there would do anything in the world to be able to go to Disney for 11 nights? Why don't you go find someone who is hungry and can't scrounge together enough money to buy their children a decent Christmas gift and whine to them about how you are going to Disney for 11 nights, but the whole vacation is already a complete disaster because they changed ONE ride. See how much sympathy you can get.

I have ZERO sympathy for you. Appreciate the fact that you can afford an 11 night trip when most people in the world can't, appreciate the fact that Disney has hundreds and hundreds of other stellar attractions to amuse you, and stop complaining that poor you is going to Disney World and poor you will be subjected to a FRIGGIN RIDE.

I'm disgusted. Sorry.

Brwneyedgirl72

I just booked my longest vacation yet at disneyworld.. 11 nights.. and i planned to spend a few days/nights in epcot but ever since seeing my favorite Epcot ride's horrid touchscreen of death.. I just can't get excited about going to Epcot at all.. so now im scrambling to find replacements like Universal and SeaWorld for days that would have been extra epcot days since I'll prolly only do Epcot once now. Even my first day is ruined.. the plan was to arrive in disney world around 11am and go to Epcot in the early afternoon just to ride SpaceShip Earth and have lunch.. then bop to Magic Kingdom for the night. Now I guess we'll just go to magic kingdom so its not that big of deal.. but man.. what a let down that ending looks like.. totally has me bummed out and honestly it ruined my trip a bit.. since i had so many epcot days planned.. and now with universal and seaworld taking its spots its hard to plan my dinners around them arghhhhh. sorry for rant.

Seriously - you need to lighten up! What if Spaceship Earth was down the whole time you were there - would that RUIN your vacation too?? Sorry if this is harsh, but you need to lighten up and learn how to accept change. As everyone knows, WDW is in a constant state of flux and even though we may not like it - we certainly wont let a 25 minute ride ruin our entire trip.

maggiegrace1

How many families out there would do anything in the world to be able to go to Disney for 11 nights? Why don't you go find someone who is hungry and can't scrounge together enough money to buy their children a decent Christmas gift and whine to them about how you are going to Disney for 11 nights, but the whole vacation is already a complete disaster because they changed ONE ride. See how much sympathy you can get.

I have ZERO sympathy for you. Appreciate the fact that you can afford an 11 night trip when most people in the world can't, appreciate the fact that Disney has hundreds and hundreds of other stellar attractions to amuse you, and stop complaining that poor you is going to Disney World and poor you will be subjected to a FRIGGIN RIDE.

I'm disgusted. Sorry.

:sohappy:
I agree 100%!

I wish that one of my biggest problems in life right now was the changing of Spaceship Earth..:rolleyes:

So many people would love to just go to WDW one time no matter what.

All these threads complaining about about how you hate it so much or it is ruining your life..well you can fix that...DO NOT GO!

Simple as that..
I do not like scary movies so I do not go see them
I hate Green Beans..so I do not eat them.
I wish they would never have taken Horizons and World of Motion away..and I hate Mission Space and Test Track is just Eh to me..but do I boycott Epcot?..Do I cry and moan and complain because things change?

NO!
I juist do not ride them and enjoy the rest of the world.

While I respect that some people have very strong opinions regarding things that change and feel the need to say something..I just do not get the whole whining and moaning and 50 million threads on the same thing over and over again!:brick:

Also..if your vacation is going to be ruined or you feel like your life is over because you do not like what they did to Spaceship Earth or whatever other changes that are made..well you really need to take all the money you spend on vacation and go see a doctor or something..because I think you have bigger problems then you think you do.

:lookaroun

Nemo14

I'm disgusted. Sorry.

:sohappy:
I agree 100%!

I wish that one of my biggest problems in life right now was the changing of Spaceship Earth..:rolleyes:

So many people would love to just go to WDW one time no matter what.

All these threads complaining about about how you hate it so much or it is ruining your life..well you can fix that...DO NOT GO!

Simple as that..
I do not like scary movies so I do not go see them
I hate Green Beans..so I do not eat them.
I wish they would never have taken Horizons and World of Motion away..and I hate Mission Space and Test Track is just Eh to me..but do I boycott Epcot?..Do I cry and moan and complain because things change?

NO!
I juist do not ride them and enjoy the rest of the world.

While I respect that some people have very strong opinions regarding things that change and feel the need to say something..I just do not get the whole whining and moaning and 50 million threads on the same thing over and over again!:brick:

Also..if your vacation is going to be ruined or you feel like your life is over because you do not like what they did to Spaceship Earth or whatever other changes that are made..well you really need to take all the money you spend on vacation and go see a doctor or something..because I think you have bigger problems then you think you do.

:lookaroun

AMEN!!!!!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom