Spaceship Earth

jrashadb

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I ... hate ... that ... thing!

But, I don't want to get too worked up about it. gotta remember my blood pressure.

:zipit: :zipit: :zipit: :zipit:

Main Street USA

I, for onr, thought it was pretty cool when they first put it up as the 2000. Not quite as cool now that it says Epcot (mostly because of the font), but I don't think it looks bad at all.

gjpjtj

After reading alot of posts about this, on previous threads, I found myself staring at the hand on our last visit. Outcome, I'm on the fence. I don't know if I like it or not. I miss having SE on its own, yet the hand is somewhat appealing. :confused:

General Grizz

Ah, but is ALL change good? :animwink:

And one quick question - how does it take away from EPCOT's theme?

I say it's O.K. now that I think about it. After all, it's MUCH better than some of the other refurbishments around the park!!

RobFL

Account Suspended
How come CDS is going around starting topics which have proven to be extremely controversial on other forums and even here in the past...? I get the feeling he/she is looking for trouble... Everything is too well placed and too perfectly worded to incite a riot.. you know?

-Rob

RobFL

Account Suspended
Not to mention, other than park employees, hardly anyone knows what "CDS" is. Well, other than people who think is the end all of Disney's guest service, everyone else forgot all about it ages ago...

So, I don't trust him farther than I can throw him at this point, no offense.. but I think we ought to watch out for this one.

-Rob

Dizknee_Phreek

i liked the 2000 thing, but they should've taken it down after that. i guess i thought it was cool when i thought it was temporary (as in maybe i was trying to enjoy while i could) but now i hate it. the sphere is beautiful all by itself....it doesn't need (and would look much better) without the wand. besides...if someone doesn't already know they're in epcot before they reach the ticket booths, they probably shouldn't be in Disney World....imo.

JLW11Hi

The sign is kinda cool, and isnt all that bad. i do think it could have been done better though. The mickey hand and wand is stretching it a bit. You could say it represents the "magic of the future" or something, but it could have been done better. The font is all wrong in my opinion, and the fact that it takes up most of the left side of SE really looses the symettry of the original design, both of SE and the areas around it (Leave a Legacy, innoventions). It should have been positioned more towards the center of SE, although it would be hard to support it.

But it is what it is, I guess! :)

DisneyFreak721

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
i liked the 2000 thing, but they should've taken it down after that. i guess i thought it was cool when i thought it was temporary (as in maybe i was trying to enjoy while i could) but now i hate it. the sphere is beautiful all by itself....it doesn't need (and would look much better) without the wand. besides...if someone doesn't already know they're in epcot before they reach the ticket booths, they probably shouldn't be in Disney World....imo.

My Thoughts Exactly! Spaceship Earth is a work of art...the 2000 was cool..for the celebration, but now it needs to go. By the way...I like your name Dizknee Phreek...it seems so oddly familiar

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I liked the 2000 better, but I do like the Epcot also.....it just looks nice and has that "sparkle" effect at night that makes it look like it's getting hit by pixie dust.

I encourage everyone to see it in person before passing judgement..the thing is still huge and is really impressive to behold :)

Tramp

Originally posted by Fievel
I liked the 2000 better, but I do like the Epcot also.....it just looks nice and has that "sparkle" effect at night that makes it look like it's getting hit by pixie dust.

I encourage everyone to see it in person before passing judgement..the thing is still huge and is really impressive to behold :)

I agree with ya, Brad.....it's very impressive at night....too bad they didn't figure a way to change the date on it from year to year, signifying Epcot as a present day beacon of hope of international integration.:)

Bairstow

It's hideous, pure and simple, and this is coming from a person who appreciates a good change now and again. I really liked it when they covered Cinderella Castle with the birthday cake facade, but Spaceship Earth is an internationally-known landmark that requires a bit more dignity. Perhaps if they had done something tasteful, like covering the sphere with colored foil, or carpeted the entire thing in tensil I would feel differently.

Tramp

Originally posted by Bairstow
It's hideous, pure and simple,
Perhaps if they had done something tasteful, like covering the sphere with colored foil, or carpeted the entire thing in tensil I would feel differently.

...LMAO:lol:

...maybe if they projected an advertisement for HOOTERS onto the sphere, that would better represent recent cultural changes in our world.:lol:

cymbaldiva

Couldn't have said it better myself! :animwink:

Is it just me, or is there just the strangest bit of irony/wierdness in the fact that this thread was started to crack on the hand/wand, yet the starter of the thread - CDS disney - has the same thing in his/her avatar?

And has the stirrer of this pot even responded to this thread? Hmmm....

Irrawaddy Erik

besides...if someone doesn't already know they're in epcot before they reach the ticket booths, they probably shouldn't be in Disney World....imo.

I have a funny story about this I was standing in line for the park gates at the studios and the woman in front of me puts her ticket in the machine walks in looks around confused .....then exclames "THIS ISNT THE DISNEY WITH THE CASTLE" ..... DUH :hammer: :brick:

gjpjtj

Originally posted by RobFL
Not to mention, other than park employees, hardly anyone knows what "CDS" is. Well, other than people who think is the end all of Disney's guest service, everyone else forgot all about it ages ago...

So, I don't trust him farther than I can throw him at this point, no offense.. but I think we ought to watch out for this one.

-Rob

So what does CDS stand for?????:confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom