Spaceship Earth

TomDisney

I say, take the wand out of Mickey's hand and put a 3 wood in it's place....the thing always looked like a giant golf ball so... :sohappy: :lol: :sohappy: :lol:

durhay

Originally posted by Bairstow
It's hideous, pure and simple, and this is coming from a person who appreciates a good change now and again. I really liked it when they covered Cinderella Castle with the birthday cake facade, but Spaceship Earth is an internationally-known landmark that requires a bit more dignity. Perhaps if they had done something tasteful, like covering the sphere with colored foil, or carpeted the entire thing in tensil I would feel differently.

I've always felt that at night Spaceship Earth should acquire a menacing, unearthly neon green glow that grows and weakens like it's living.

Btw I like the "Boomstick" avatar.

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Merlin
I hate it. It makes SE seem fanciful rather than futuristic.

Do you mean the wand? :confused:

IMHO it totally sux! Well actually, I liked it for the 2000 thing....I just assumed (stupid me! :brick: ) that it would go away :(

Whup the wand!!! :D

jrashadb

Originally posted by cymbaldiva

Do you mean the wand? :confused:

IMHO it totally sux! Well actually, I liked it for the 2000 thing....I just assumed (stupid me! :brick: ) that it would go away :(

Whup the wand!!! :D

I'm with you and a lot of other folks here. I didn't mind it when it was for 2000. In fact, I found it interesting... for a temporary thing... Now, I hate it.
I heard the reason they didn't get rid of it is that it would cost more to remove it than it would cost to build it up from its temporary status to a permanent structure.
I don't know if that's true or not and I would like to imagine it isn't... but, I have a feeling it is.
But, if anyone knows for a fact if that is true or not, please feel free to assure me I'm wrong.

(BTW, that's the only time you will ever hear of me saying such a thing... :lol:

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by gjpjtj

So what does CDS stand for?????:confused:

CDS stands for Cast Deployment System...

Its a computer program is used to put cast members through rotaions and breaks.

A Castmember goes to the computer and types in their password
the computer then gives them a piece of paper that says this

Here are some examples of rotations

Fantasyland East Rotation

Dumbo Shortwalk
Snow Panel
Snow Grouper
Dumbo Longwalk
Pooh Unload
Pooh Panel
Teacups
Return to PC

Fantasyland West Rotation

Small World Greeter 1
Small World Tower
Small World Rear Load
Small World Front Load
Small World Dispatch 1
Small World Dispatch 2 (Optional)
Small World Greeter 2 (Optional)
Pan Unload
Pan Load
Carousel

Toontown

Barn Greater
Barn Grouper
Barn Lapbar (optional)
Barn Panel
Mickey Greeter (optional)
Mickey Load
Hall of Fame Greeter (optional)
Hall of Fame Load
Minnie Greeter (optional)
Barn Front Lapbar (optional)

So the castmember goes to the first position and starts a "bumb" or "rotaion". Where each castmember goes to the next one on the list. When it reaches the last position then that Cast member would go to the PC for the next assinment. Each rotation goes though once every 45 mins to a hour and usually take around 20 mins from start to finnish

CDS also gives out breaks ex.

Please give John Doe at Pooh Unload a break
13:45 to 14:00

or Please give Jane Doe at Teacups a lunch
15:20 to 15:50

or you could get a Optimized task such as

Please sweep Dumbo Queue

or pick up lost and found in the area

or Please Make Magic

The program basicly takes the place of the old magnetic board rotaions and was thought to improve it. In actuallity it causes a few problems and seems to reduce guest contact ( trying to put a rotation through in the aloted time). Most Cast Members either hate it or love it. I actually dont care one way or another. Although i do miss the old rotations oh well.

Scooter

Perhaps they should take the WAND out and put a giant COKE can in the hand.:lol:

That's all you can buy there anyway..Grrrrrrrrrr:mad:

I'm a Pepsi Fan...can ya tell?:sohappy:

cymbaldiva

Ah well, to each their own...

I still intensely dislike it - the wand really ruins the classic elegant look of Spaceship Earth for me :(

Besides, I already KNOW I'm at Epcot! :animwink: :D

CDS Disney

Original Poster
Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Ah well, to each their own...

I still intensely dislike it - the wand really ruins the classic elegant look of Spaceship Earth for me :(

Besides, I already KNOW I'm at Epcot! :animwink: :D

I agree 100% whats next a big sign over The castle saying
Magic Kingdome

Fido

Re: Re: Spaceship Earth

Originally posted by donaldduck1967

Nice avatar. It has the hand over spaceship that you dislkie :lol:

Regarding CDS Disney, let's just put it this way: Maelstrom isn't the only place containing trolls!:D

Of course, I could be wrong.

cbjlshaw

Am I too late to comment?

:eek: I like it, it says to me that Disney is in the future and gives me something to look forward to. Enough said. Of course this is only an oppinion.

God Bless America and God Bless Disney!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom