Spaceship Earth Update

ImaYoyo

Original Poster
I'm on the phone with WDW now...I'll post if I find anything out. As it is, if they know SSE is going to be closed when my trip is scheduled, I'm hoping that they will admit it now so that I can cancel and go elsewhere this year. If I don't find out until I can't cancel my trip without having to pay a penalty I'm not going to be happy.
No need to call, you're talking to someone who has had this email for 2 weeks now, and was not able to share it until 11:30 this morning. That is cut and pasted from the email. But call away. If you have ANY salaried friends, ask them. They'll already know by now, as it was sent to addresses #DTD All, #EPCOT All, #MK ALL and others today. And who are you calling? Because folks at the DRC are not exactly known for being reliable sources of UP TO DATE information.

Buford

Anywho.. since i got stuck at the bottom of the last page.. it is official and Disney sent out a press release... Clickie back to the last page to read it..

New vehicles! Whoo hoo!
new vehicles? It sounds like touch screens are being added to the existing ones?

In regards to other posts: rides need to go down for rehab. EVERY guest has a favorite attraction, and each one has to go down at some point. If I were visiting WDW during this time, I would know that amaaaaazing things are being put into that ride, and that it will be open without any major rehabs for many years to come....... but this attraction - about the FUTURE - hasn't been updated for 13 years... and this stuff has to happen..... think of what other great things the park has to offer, too, and perhaps try be happy that Disney cares enough to keep everything in such good shape!!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Summer to late November for the ride itself, so if you're planning anytime in July, Aug, Sept, October then change your plans (if it means that much to you).

The bague areas are June, maybe May, and exactly when in Nov it'll reopen.

k.hunter30

I'm on the phone with WDW now...I'll post if I find anything out. As it is, if they know SSE is going to be closed when my trip is scheduled, I'm hoping that they will admit it now so that I can cancel and go elsewhere this year. If I don't find out until I can't cancel my trip without having to pay a penalty I'm not going to be happy.
Let us know what you find out. I'm really interested in exact date - yoyo's not helping... :(

brkgnews

One thing that puzzles me -- it will be closed on the 25th anniversary date (Oct 1)? Doesn't that seem odd to anyone? I mean granted, they've said no official celebration, etc, blah blah blah -- but wouldn't one think they'd at least have the park's "theme center" (to snatch a term from the old world's fairs) open on that particular day?

beachclubbasics

Well, you can be in denial all you want.

If you wanted info about "wdw" + "news" which .com might you goto?

Think hard about that one..

Denial?? Someone get up onthe wrong side of the bed today?

You are so funny! As if Disney is the most important thing in my life and I make all of my daily decisions based upon what WDW MIGHT do...much like an alcoholic trying to get a drink....

That being said, 5 thousand dollars is a lot to spend on a trip (and that's just the Disney portion) and if three of my favorite attractions are closed I have the right to postpone my trip. Sorry if that offends you. My main concern is that I find out early enough to that SSE will actually be closed during my stay so I can postpone without losing my deposit. As a paying customer that is my right.

WDW Travel states at this time that they have no info on a SSE closing..why shouldn't we believe them? It doesn't mean they aren't going to close it, just that they don't have closing info AT THIS TIME.

I swear, you Disney addicts are really starting to turn me off of WDW. I also suppose that WDW is also a charity, set up just for the patrons enjoyment...as we all know they are a business, and they only give a darn about the customer as long as it makes them cash...I'm a stokholder so I appreciate this.

If there's another phone number I can xall to have this verified by a WDW employee, please grace me with it so that I can call and hear this monumental announcement for myself. After all, everything posted on the Internet is true.....

majortom1981

hmm

I sent disney an email . Not just asking for info but showing my disappointment .

If they actually give me a real answer i will post it here.

I hate it when people complain because a ride or two will be down for refurbishment when they are there. It happens, end of story. It's better for the rides to get fixed up and be down for a few months instead of falling into disrepair. There are just two rides that are going to be down this summer, not twenty. It is not a big deal.

Figment1986

lets time how long till WDW's site gets updated with the new closure list...

great news...

touch screens, maybe it will be similar to horizons...

where we can choose our ending... and have one be tomorrows child!

ImaYoyo

Original Poster
Unfortunately, WDW Travel doesn't have anything at this time.
Ok. If you haven't figured this one out yet, I'm a Cast Member. I work in Celebration. THIS IS AN EMAIL I HAVE RECEIVED. I'm not a frontline cast member. I've been with the company for years. I'm not from the DRC. I work in an area that receives these blasts all of the time. I'm trying to help folks out. If you don't want my help, than leave it. If you have ANY salaried friend, talk to them, because obviously you don't want to hear it from me.

Buford

WDW Travel states at this time that they have no info on a SSE closing..why shouldn't we believe them? It doesn't mean they aren't going to close it, just that they don't have closing info AT THIS TIME.

We should believe that WDW Travel doesn't have the information..... because it hasn't received it yet!!.....as it has been said here, this news was first 'released' today.... press announcements won't come for a while, and it takes a while for things to show up even on the official Disney website.

I swear, you Disney addicts are really starting to turn me off of WDW. I also suppose that WDW is also a charity, set up just for the patrons enjoyment...as we all know they are a business, and they only give a darn about the customer as long as it makes them cash...I'm a stokholder so I appreciate this.

Disney IS caring about the consumer.... they are creating an expensive, engaging attraction that will turn a great ride into a spectacular one. Rides NEED to be rehabbed, and it would be nice if they didn't have to close every (thirteen!) years. Unfortunately, they do.........

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Seriously, and since this website has the addy of the official wdw news (.com) website blocked (and if you can't figure it out, jeeze...) everyone is going to keep insisting it's jsut a rumor.

It's not, wait until you read it int he paper.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
We should believe that WDW Travel doesn't have the information..... it hasn't received it yet.....as it has been said here, this news was first 'released' today.... press announcements won't come for a while, and it takes a while for things to show up even on the official Disney website.

Press announcement are released, i just can't link to it because steve put that site on a filter. It is Disney's official wdw news (.com) website.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom