News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

EPCOT-O.G.

So D23 and an EPCOT panel came and went without news on this.

Is anyone getting worried that, given the apparent state of the ride system, they’re just going to ride things out and make a hard decision once the mechanics completely go kaput?

SpaceMountain77

Is anyone getting worried that, given the apparent state of the ride system, they’re just going to ride things out and make a hard decision once the mechanics completely go kaput?

I would like to remain hopeful. Journey of Water nicely captures the edutainment principle upon which EPCOT was founded. It is refreshingly surprising to me that an experience dedicated to presenting the water cycle was created with subtle nods to a popular IP. Also, if Test Track will be drawing inspiration from World of Motion for its 3.0, then there may be an interest in modernizing while retaining the spirit of EPCOT.

EeyoreFan#24

My personal reaction is they know it needs to be done as the ride is just ban-aided and needs a major overhaul, but GM came along with money to replace TT2.0 and there attention shifted faster than anything this world has seen.

Surprised Pixar GIF by Disney

I'm still hopeful it's on the short list, but just got bumped down a bit.

Mickeynerd17

I'm expecting this refurb to happen sometime before the park's 50th anniversary in 2032. That could be 2025 or 2030, who knows.

The fact is though, SSE is falling apart as we speak. Let's pray it doesn't get bad enough to where a full replacement with a new ride would be cheaper.

WaltsTreasureChest

The whole ride needs an update. Start off by replacing the vehicles. Update the seats for more comfortability and lessen the Omnimover noise.

Next if you’re gonna have the ”Choose your Own Future” still applied, gives us some new animation and choices.

Redo Project Tomorrow while you’re at it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom