Rumor Spaceship Earth Redo Shelved Indefinitely

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The track is very audibly clunky. I cant really gauge it in comparison to other trips i have taken on it in the past, but none of tbe omnimovers there i have been on recently have the audible and occasionally physically sensational clunking you experience on SSE.

They won’t do this but ideally you would see Imagination offline 24-25 and SSE 26-27. By then you probably could take an opportunity for another update to Test Track and a replacement for Mission Space.

But we know none of this is going to happen, though.
On my most recent ride, I did not have any clunking. But the one last November, there was audible clunking, particularly in the ascent and descent.

I foresee them putting off any work on any rides for as long as possible.

fgmnt

On my most recent ride, I did not have any clunking. But the one last November, there was audible clunking, particularly in the ascent and descent.

I foresee them putting off any work on any rides for as long as possible.
I’m still stunned over the well sourced rumors that there will be a near complete destruction of the mistake on the lake; that’s not just money, but ego capital spent beyond what i could expect from the current leadership team. i expect there will be no such blessings cast on the Future World pavilions already overdue for upgrades.

Disstevefan1

I’m still stunned over the well sourced rumors that there will be a near complete destruction of the mistake on the lake; that’s not just money, but ego capital spent beyond what i could expect from the current leadership team. i expect there will be no such blessings cast on the Future World pavilions already overdue for upgrades.
I am stunned the concept for harmonious ever made it past the drawing boards.
Good ideas should be approved and implemented.
Bad ideas should be shutdown.

Future World died when they decided to change its name and add Moana.

aladdin2007

well said. and a post above mentioned ego. That's been a big problem with these changes and direction with certain individuals steering the ship, and look how that's going. I still dont understand the need for a big buddha of moana, smack dab in the middle of this park, animal kingdom I could see it. There is something just very wrong.

fgmnt

While discussing Harmonious might not be directly relevant to this thread, pretty much any decision related to EPCOT since the millennium celebration impresses on me a leadership group that at best does not understand their product, and at worst, finds its existence a contemptuous nuisance, and I think that would have created a de-furb of SSE had they gone through with it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Future World died in 1997-ish, maybe even earlier, but the time of death was no later than January 9, 1999.

Based off of previous iteration timelines, I won’t expect anything to be done with SSE until 2025, at the earliest.

It’s quite sad that the worst versions of certain rides stick around the longest, with Imagination and SSE being the two most notable examples. The script for the current version is just so bad… Lowering the intelligence level to the lowest common denominator is not a good idea.

The Irons script and score was absolutely brilliant. But… There’s something about the Cronkite version that just feels… perfect. Maybe it’s “Tomorrow’s Child”. Call it batting 1.000 vs .995. You can’t go wrong with either one, they’re both brilliant.

Mickeynerd17

Future World died in 1997-ish, maybe even earlier, but the time of death was no later than January 9, 1999.
I always interpreted it as periods. For the death of the original Future World, that started in 1994 and ultimately went through 2007 with the closure of the Wonders of Life and the last SSE overhaul. I will agree the closure of Horizons was the point that tipped the scales.

As for the second generation of Future World, I see that as starting in 2005 and ending in 2019.

Centauri Space Station

The track is very audibly clunky. I cant really gauge it in comparison to other trips i have taken on it in the past, but none of tbe omnimovers there i have been on recently have the audible and occasionally physically sensational clunking you experience on SSE.

They won’t do this but ideally you would see Imagination offline 24-25 and SSE 26-27. By then you probably could take an opportunity for another update to Test Track and a replacement for Mission Space.

The track has been clunky since the 90s

bcoachable

On decisions by upper mgmt- think for a sec. MANY aspiring Diz Peeps were laid off during the Covid years. The ones that stayed were fearful of being let go as well- so what are the chances they would ever speak up/out if they thought an idea proposed by upper mgmt was bad? I bet pretty low- in fact, I could see the opposite happening. I could see them leaning into ANY idea someone from above comes up with. Just my vision of what has been happening on the inside for the last few years… would love an insider to affirm or deny my theory, if they happen upon my post.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
On decisions by upper mgmt- think for a sec. MANY aspiring Diz Peeps were laid off during the Covid years. The ones that stayed were fearful of being let go as well- so what are the chances they would ever speak up/out if they thought an idea proposed by upper mgmt was bad? I bet pretty low- in fact, I could see the opposite happening. I could see them leaning into ANY idea someone from above comes up with. Just my vision of what has been happening on the inside for the last few years… would love an insider to affirm or deny my theory, if they happen upon my post.
Cool theory.

fgmnt

No one with the ambition or gumption to build something like The Land or Spaceship Earth has had the reins in this company in many. many years. Good ideas, bad ideas, all irrelevant. To co-opt an aphorism from another EPCOT pavilion, you can still dream it, but they no longer do it.

bcoachable

No one with the ambition or gumption to build something like The Land or Spaceship Earth has had the reins in this company in many. many years. Good ideas, bad ideas, all irrelevant. To co-opt an aphorism from another EPCOT pavilion, you can still dream it, but they no longer do it.
Ya- more thinking of the nighttime shows - esp when they included tacos and view ruining elements- and Marvel themes in parks where they don’t belong - and Tron coasters where they don’t fit very well - those decisions…

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes

It also seems like they've cranked the music up to hide the noises of the track in certain areas, especially the ascent tunnel.

tparris

Just rode SSE and the screen in my ride vehicle was like this the entire ride
496CA165-EF5C-48DB-8AAC-0E1BF6035B0C.jpeg
1E33A95A-4260-4F3C-96BB-E6A9F1FA3D7C.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom