Rumor Spaceship Earth Redo Shelved Indefinitely

aladdin2007

They should have at least saved the building like they originally planned before the budget cuts. An impressive architecture that the company doesn't have enough talent to make today and that was truly imposing for Epcot.
will never see the likes of anything like that again, or SE etc, or even a fountain for that matter. Were really going backwards anymore in so many ways.

SpectreJordan

To be fair, stagnation is also a form of going backward. And the park had languished there for a long time. But, the new cheaper, fragmented approach is creating its own problems (and at a huge price tag). Of the major projects, the success rate is pretty mixed.
I'd say the only wins are Guardians (which should've been in DHS tbh) & Ratatouille. I'm not really sure what everything in the middle was supposed to accomplish. Moana is nice but I don't really get why they made it.

Bocabear

As we have all discussed ad-nauseum, Moana was a perfect fit for Animal Kingdom or Adventureland... I still cannot understand the placement. If they needed a water play area in EPCOT, they could have designed something that matched the park... perhaps attached to The Living Seas or sandwiched between the Land and Living Seas as a natural bridge between the attractions... but the separation doesn't seem to connect it to either of those, ands the style looks like it is in the wrong park.

SpectreJordan

As we have all discussed ad-nauseum, Moana was a perfect fit for Animal Kingdom or Adventureland... I still cannot understand the placement. If they needed a water play area in EPCOT, they could have designed something that matched the park... perhaps attached to The Living Seas or sandwiched between the Land and Living Seas as a natural bridge between the attractions... but the separation doesn't seem to connect it to either of those, ands the style looks like it is in the wrong park.
Yeah it's a very odd choice for EPCOT; at the very least they could've added a Polynesian section to the World Showcase to shover her into EPCOT.

I appreciate that they at least tried to make that attraction educational though.

Chef idea Mickey`=

It's interesting this JOW was in construction at the almost same time the Moana concept art for Animal Kingdom about came out! Whether the Moana thing for Animal Kingdom is still possibility or not there is talks that this and this IP would find a good home at Magic Kingdom somewhere Adventureland expansion or actually Beyond Big Thunder! Wherever it would fruition then JOW would fit as a queue wherever it ends up!

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
It's interesting this JOW was in construction at the almost same time the Moana concept art for Animal Kingdom about came out! Whether the Moana thing for Animal Kingdom is still possibility or not there is talks that this and this IP would find a good home at Magic Kingdom somewhere Adventureland expansion or actually Beyond Big Thunder! Wherever it would fruition then JOW would fit as a queue wherever it ends up!
Moana at Animal Kingdom is dead, last I heard.

Chef idea Mickey`=

It is kind of amazing that the central core of Epic Universe is going to have so much water... and water elements, and EPCOT has chosen to go dry and have marketing planters instead....
From the looks looking at new images art of The Grand Helios, Universal to me is or has been quietly eyeing on what Disney has done in recent years and taking a bookmark going forward with their direction lol!*

Tjaden

They don't care about fit anymore. It's about sticking an IP wherever they can and they'll figure out a story later, if they bother at all.

aladdin2007

While I completely agree, that's the last original large pavilion expansion plot left for Future World, or whatever its called now. Would have hated to see that wasted on moana and her buddha garden, but I get what your saying.

Cmdr_Crimson

Meanwhile at Imagination:
BaGE0P.gif

Bocabear

just a matter of time before they remove whats left of that too. sad.
Well, given it's current state, that whole area needs to shine like it used to...Imaginative topiaries, fountains...It was absolutely charming in it's original iteration...With today's technology they could do so much with this now...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom