Spaceship Earth Question

njm

Original Poster
I know Spaceship Earth is meant to re-open in mid-Nov. I have also read on here that it is behind schedule, and may be delayed into December.

I will be at WDW from 01 December to 14 December. Do people think it will be open to guests before I head back home?

Thanks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Though the crews are working flat out, unofficailly I`m told even Christmas may be a long shot.

Unofficially.

BSikor

Though the crews are working flat out, unofficailly I`m told even Christmas may be a long shot.

Unofficially.

I was in the park last night and I was speaking to a CM that has worked there for a while and I tend to believe him even though I have no confirmation. He said that he was told its starting to look more like January since supposedly, someone accidentaly removed a show scene that they shouldn't have.

aladdin2007

I was in the park last night and I was speaking to a CM that has worked there for a while and I tend to believe him even though I have no confirmation. He said that he was told its starting to look more like January since supposedly, someone accidentaly removed a show scene that they shouldn't have.[/quote]

Thats just great! :veryconfu sheesh. I dont even want to know which one it was makes me nervous but hopefully its being put back just as it was before. :(

SirNim

"accidentally removed a show scene that they shouldn't have"

Reminds me of the orange-grove problem in a 1954 city of Anaheim. Red and green ribbons wrapped around trees, marking which to be bulldozed and which to stay, to be integrated into the landscaping of a newfangled park called "Disneyland," whatever that meant.

And a color-blind bulldozer-operator. Who plowed through 'em all. 'Cause he couldn't tell red from green!

How does something like that happen? :lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

Reminds me of the orange-grove problem in a 1954 city of Anaheim. Red and green ribbons wrapped around trees, marking which to be bulldozed and which to stay, to be integrated into the landscaping of a newfangled park called "Disneyland," whatever that meant.

And a color-blind bulldozer-operator. Who plowed through 'em all. 'Cause he couldn't tell red from green!

bet that comapny started usuing some other method or got rid of the operator. that is funny :D

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I was in the park last night and I was speaking to a CM that has worked there for a while and I tend to believe him even though I have no confirmation. He said that he was told its starting to look more like January since supposedly, someone accidentaly removed a show scene that they shouldn't have.

LOL that sounds like something out of the mouth of a transportation driver! We all know how CM chinese whispers go on. I have no information on this one, but I really can't believe something like that would happen can you?

hrcollectibles

The reason that happened was because the entire world was in black and white.. We have all seen the footage of the grand opening of DL.... :ROFLOL:

MotoDisney

LOL that sounds like something out of the mouth of a transportation driver! We all know how CM chinese whispers go on. I have no information on this one, but I really can't believe something like that would happen can you?

I really can't believe anything like that would happen but then again you've heard of people having the wrong surgeries done or medical devices left in them so I guess anything is possible:veryconfu

SDav10495

The reason that happened was because the entire world was in black and white.. We have all seen the footage of the grand opening of DL.... :ROFLOL:

:lol:

Anyway, if that bit about the removal of an entire show scene is true...that's hilarious. Scary-hilarious, but still pretty funny. I mean really, did no one at the sphere's one little entrance notice that a whole scene was being taken out piece by piece??

Anyway, if opening is delayed at least it means we're getting the scene back.

jmvd20

As a project manager myself I highly doubt that an entire scene could be removed prior to anyone noticing the glitch... Unless of course the plans themselves were wrong which is also unlikely.

I can however say that I know of numerous mishaps that have ocurred on projects. Cutting out concrete floors when wiring or piping was just supposed to be run in the ceiling, removing a decent sized portion of the roof on the wrong store, installing new lights in the wrong parking lot etc...

I would still think that even in the longshot scenario that a scene was incorrectly removed they would open SSE without the scene and finish it a night or as parts become available. Some of these rumors of SSE being so far behind schedule may just be due to how many people want to see it reopened and CM telling misleadign or wrong information. Bottom line is that if I was running a 4 month alteration that was 4-8 weeks behind I would not be employed much longer, nor would anyone else I know in the same situation... ;)

tigger248

Drat! I hadn't been reading up on the progress much lately due to my hectic schedule.....I had been holding on to hope that it was ahead of schedule and I wouldn't be missing it on my November 8-13 trip! :(

Oh well....there's always my mid-February trip....

reggie9000

My 30th birthday is Dec. 15th, and that's our 1st day in WDW. I'm really wanting to spend it at Epcot. As a kid EPCOT was my favriote park. SSE is the 1st ride my girlfriend and i rode together 3 years ago. I really hope it is up and running when we're there.

My 30th birthday is Dec. 15th, and that's our 1st day in WDW. I'm really wanting to spend it at Epcot. As a kid EPCOT was my favriote park. SSE is the 1st ride my girlfriend and i rode together 3 years ago. I really hope it is up and running when we're there.

That's remarkably similar to my situation! It's my 30th birthday on 30 November and we'll be spending it in Epcot since it's my favourite park (and has been since I first went on about my 10th birthday). Originally I had been excited that I'd be one of the first to ride the new SSE (having been one of the last to ride the old one!) - sadly now looks like that'll have to wait till our next trip. I just wish there was some official comment on this - official WDW site still says it reopens November 13th.

ToTBellHop

This is not the first time Disney has fallen behind on a project...when that happens, they typically start working around the clock. At one point, Disneyland's Space Mountain was not expected to open til November of 2005. They worked hard and opened it in July. I would bet SSE will at least be open by Christmas. Construction delays are constantly exaggerated around here, and there are only a handful of cases where attractions actually opened behind schedule (and attractions like Test Track or MILF are special cases).

Removing an entire showscene is too stupid to be true...I could see them accidentally destroying the wrong animatronics, though, which would set them back a bit...but unless you are the Liberty Square Riverboat, you are usually safe from major delays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom