Spaceship Earth Decent Upgrades?

PhilharMagician

Up to now the work has been done 3rd shift - and there is no reason to not do the work required overnight. However, because of this it does take far longer than it would normally (a weeks shut down would do it theoretically)

Thats all good, but get it done!!

This has been going on way to long? :brick:

I hear and understand Lee that it is not done, but is the wait because of technology issues, money issues or just lack of enthusiasm? I have not seen it yet, but for this ride to be open now for nearly 10 months and to hear that is not complete yet really puzzles me.

Expo_Seeker40

yeah I thought outside, inside.....?

I don't think its Coffey doing it. I contacted a rep and he said they have no requests from the mouse for her to sing about the children.

EPCOT Explorer

Thats all good, but get it done!!

This has been going on way to long? :brick:

I hear and understand Lee that it is not done, but is the wait because of technology issues, money issues or just lack of enthusiasm? I have not seen it yet, but for this ride to be open now for nearly 10 months and to hear that is not complete yet really puzzles me.

$iemens$ as Jackie said earlier.:wave:

EPCOT Explorer

yeah I thought outside, inside.....?

I don't think its Coffey doing it. I contacted a rep and he said they have no requests from the mouse for her to sing about the children.

Bolded with regards to my previous post.

As for a rep...Maybe it hasn't been done yet?I think this is coming sooner than later...

If at all.:lookarounYou never know...

aladdin2007

Expo, you mentioned there are many more triangles in the glitter city area, but when I was on last month it was the same four weird triangles that came together in a point with a slight glow which looks so strange and still quite empty. Are these the ones you are referring to or have they added or changed that since last month even?

EPCOT Explorer

Expo, you mentioned there are many more triangles in the glitter city area, but when I was on last month it was the same four weird triangles that came together in a point with a slight glow which looks so strange and still quite empty. Are these the ones you are referring to or have they added or changed that since last month even?
They were like that last month...Pretty odd to see.

TinkerBell9988

If Kellie Coffey records a version of the children's song, I might just fall over right here in my chair... and then faint while riding SSE. :eek:

Her voice is beautiful, and I've always wished for her to record that song. I think it would be a great tribute to the original and a wonderful song for all of our "future children" to enjoy in EPCOT. :D

EPCOT Explorer

If Kellie Coffey records a version of the children's song, I might just fall over right here in my chair... and then faint while riding SSE. :eek:

Her voice is beautiful, and I've always wished for her to record that song. I think it would be a great tribute to the original and a wonderful song for all of our "future children" to enjoy in EPCOT. :D
You and the rest of us...She could easily be the new voice of EPCOT.Now and then.:D;)

TinkerBell9988

You and the rest of us...She could easily be the new voice of EPCOT.Now and then.:D;)

:sohappy:

So, would it be worth it for me riding SSE in December? It would be the perfect Christmas present... :lol: An enhanced descent for SSE!

Although, I don't think that will fit under the tree... :lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

:sohappy:

So, would it be worth it for me riding SSE in December? It would be the perfect Christmas present... :lol: An enhanced descent for SSE!

Although, I don't think that will fit under the tree... :lookaroun
Dunno about that time frame...:shrug:

I know that if ***ANYTHING*** song/videos/whatever DOES happen it will be before 2011.

This is still all floating around.;)

djkidkaz

Wrong.

The original budget ran out and postponed the proper finale.

The screens will remain, but there will also be additional scenery.

Siemens just recently layed off 17,000 workers. Im going to say that "plussing" the descent of SSE some more to please the screen haters is the absolute last thing on their list.

tirian

Siemens has already committed to sponsoring attractions at Walt Disney World. The money is already guaranteed under contract. All upgrades have simply slowed down as the budget comes.

It's not like Siemens just handed WDI money to refurb SSE and then pulled out of their contract.

EDIT: And it's not "plussing" the descent at all. Disney isn't adding AA show scenes; they're simply finishing what was already planned. The big problem is that the tunnel looks like black sheets and chicken wire.

This has nothing to do with "screen haters." Even the "Tomorrow's Child" descent was nothing but screens!

Keyda

The problem I have with the current ending was if the ride stops the screens keep going. So last visit I was at the top of the ride we stop for like 5 minutes and then traveled down a tunnel of darkness....very exciting I might add. It isn't bad if the ride doesn't stop the screen basically keeps you amused the whole way down. Is it a cop out... of course it is but I see why you would do it. I would love to see something add but with the way technology is progressing it would have to be shut down for refurbishment 6 months out of the year only to have all the technology added to be redone. The screens provide something that can be easily updated without closing the attraction.

But at least some sort of background should be added even if it is just a starscape the whole way down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom