Spaceship Earth Decent Upgrades?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Documentation on these boards? All I've seen is a "banned" poster mention the triangles being added within weeks of the opening. Where has Disney officially said its aware of the problem and change is coming? Im interested to know what these subtle changes are that you speak of that are happening after park closing?
Search harder - it has been discussed for months. Nothing official has been said of course. The paperboy and musicians wern`t announced either were they?

I`ll second Lee ;)

And Tirian :D

NASAMan

Search harder - it has been discussed for months. Nothing official has been said of course. The paperboy and musicians wern`t announced either were they?

I've visited Spaceship Earth many times since its reopening, and on only my most recent visit had the pleasure of seeing my visage as part of the descent animation. But Marni's post got me thinking: Does anybody have a timeline/list of the changes that have been made to SSE since it reopened under Siemens? I remember the paperboy's disappearance and subsequent 180 return, but don't recall the musicians.

BTW - I still don't know how I feel about seeing Zachary Taylor sitting cross-legged on the floor as a student during the medieval section. Seems a little old to be sitting so.

The Empress Lilly

SSE does not need a redo or rehab. Just tweaking and plussing of the ending. This does not sound unrealistic.
If one goes through the elaborate and expensive process of a major rehab, then bringing the whole ride up to par in accordance to overwhelming audience response, sounds like a very sensible thing to do. So the fact that SSE was redone recently makes it more likely that we'll see some further tweaking, instead of less likely .

So - even apart from the signals we're receiving from some of our very credible sources here - on instinct my money's on further refurbishment.

Oriolesmagic

If it's gonna happen (which I think it will not, although I hope it does) It's going to be 2011-ish mainly because as another poster said earlier they do not want to closes it down again.

brkgnews

I`ll second Lee ;)

As will I second Lee, tirian, Marni, EPCOT Explorer, and... well... myself. :D Just keep in mind, no matter how unhappy or happy we might be, no matter how done or undone we think it is... if $IEMEN$ decides it isn't done... it ain't done. :D

(Wonder which of them downloaded the retro music tracks and fell in love?) :lookaroun

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If it's gonna happen (which I think it will not, although I hope it does) It's going to be 2011-ish mainly because as another poster said earlier they do not want to closes it down again.
Up to now the work has been done 3rd shift - and there is no reason to not do the work required overnight. However, because of this it does take far longer than it would normally (a weeks shut down would do it theoretically)

Expo_Seeker40

When all else fails....spring break is another time of year things usually become "finished" for the summer crowds.

Tomorrow's Child will be bursting up into the sky that's all I know :lookaroun

aladdin2007

Tomorrow's Child will be bursting up into the sky that's all I know

Wow what a great way to start Monday to see these positive messages about completing SSE. I do believe all you guys who say change is coming, its just a matter of when I guess.
But this is the first I have heard about maybe Tomorrow's Child coming back? I thought that idea had been scrapped.

Tomorrow's Child will be bursting up into the sky that's all I know
I love this line!!! Perfectly written!! Thank you for that :sohappy:

EPCOT Explorer

A Haiku? Seriously.
Hey...At least I type properly:ROFLOL:
As will I second Lee, tirian, Marni, EPCOT Explorer, and... well... myself. Just keep in mind, no matter how unhappy or happy we might be, no matter how done or undone we think it is... if $IEMEN$ decides it isn't done... it ain't

(Wonder which of them downloaded the retro music tracks and fell in love?) :lookaroun

Some of the best gifts a company could give happen around Christmastime :)

When all else fails....spring break is another time of year things usually become "finished" for the summer crowds.

Tomorrow's Child will be bursting up into the sky that's all I know :lookaroun
:D:D:D:D

One for each of ya....Glad you are in the know.:sohappy::eek:

Pete C

Wouldn't they just change the video rather than put in new show scenes? There is no way they would spend all that money to put in the screens and then not use them.

aladdin2007

I think the screens will still be used but at the same time there will be added atmosphere in the descent. At least it will not be as empty and walls of curtains as it is now.

Expo_Seeker40

all I can say right now is that there will be more to see around you, especially where "we are creating your future"

Also there are many more triangles now from the glitter city area to the very end of the ride.

Remember how they had you answering questions in the infinite worm hole during soft previews, and moved it into the corridor where the gas clouds and lightning used to be?

in the broadest sense... you will begin answering questions in the gas clouds scene like you are today, but there will probably be an elaboration on more stars twinkling lights, etc then you enter the next corridor which is the old pepper's ghost area and glitter city and all I can say is as they load your future for you those triangles will play a bigger role, and as you watch your film, probably more a space or time tunnel effect, until you leave the descent and turn around

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
As I have said several times before: It ain't done yet.
SSE and SM are my 2 attractions that I hate to see get shafted the most due to budget, hopefully it will be soon. In this economy, it will be interesting to see when they dish out the money.

Wrong.

The original budget ran out and postponed the proper finale.

The screens will remain, but there will also be additional scenery.
woot woot.

I`ll second Lee ;)

Well, it must be in good authority then. :animwink:

EPCOT Explorer

As much as I would love for it to happen, I don't think they're actually hinting at Tomorrow's Child returning.
:brick:
all I can say right now is that there will be more to see around you, especially where "we are creating your future"

Also there are many more triangles now from the glitter city area to the very end of the ride.

Remember how they had you answering questions in the infinite worm hole during soft previews, and moved it into the corridor where the gas clouds and lightning used to be?

in the broadest sense... you will begin answering questions in the gas clouds scene like you are today, but there will probably be an elaboration on more stars twinkling lights, etc tSorry!hen you enter the next corridor which is the old pepper's ghost area and glitter city and all I can say is as they load your future for you those triangles will play a bigger role, and as you watch your film, probably more a space or time tunnel effect, until you leave the descent and turn around
And perhaps give a more unifying message to the ride.And some new music.And somehitng to look at.

Basically what all the "Fanboys" wanted.:rolleyes::D
Oh god not a haiku again.
Sorry!:lookarounI did it as part of the hint!:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom