News Spaceship Earth closing early each day next week for planned maintenance

WDW862

The entire setup is wireless so someone could login and do the updating remotely. Unless there's some weird limiting factor I don't know why they'd have to update each car. And if the limiting factor would be bandwidth, then just do groups of cars overnight. It'd still save them having to send someone into the park to do it.

@marni1971, isn't the OS in the cars just Windows 7 (or a Windows variant) but just locked in the flash animation?

Its actually a 2016 version of Windows 10.

Attachments

• ww.jpg
    ww.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 137

Polydweller

And we know how fastpass plus has inflated lines. By their very nature Omnimovers should have a line that always steadily shuffles forward. Like the old days.

Assuming guests don’t have their heads engrossed in their phone.
Agree, and I think what we saw at Spaceship Earth adds credence to that. In the past it’s always a walk on in the afternoon. Britb his time though.

geekza

Wait...Martin does videos? How do I not know this?!?!?
He doesn't just make videos. He makes VIDEOS. Seriously. If you ever had any interest in the history of the parks and attractions, his "Tribute" videos are a treasure trove of background, blueprints, documentation of changes made over the years, etc. I started watching them several years ago before I ever came to this site and was thrilled when I realized he was a regular here.

Yes, I'm a fanboy, but his videos are the best thing going when it comes to the nitty gritty of the parks (and not a single one of them contains clickbait).

brb1006

Martin is a reason why I come to this website a lot of times as well. Just tired of hearing the same thing over and over again, and I would just expect better from him is all. It's overdone on this site. I have the upmost respect from him and I love his videos!
I'm sorry but, did you read any posts or any threads created by @WDW1974 (aka Spirit)? Martin's tame compared to him.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Another thing they need to fix is the music volume vs. the narration volume in the beginning...it's VERY difficult to hear the narration for the first minute or so because the music is too loud

tirian

For what it's worth, the original paper Fastpass at Haunted Mansion pre-dated the major show updates to the attraction. I'd even argue it was a bit stale prior to the Escher and other updates. Wait times did pick up at both Mansion and it's a small world after their substantial refurbs and before Fastpass+.

Having said all that, if they reverted to same day reservations they could get away with only having Fastpass running on select days on attractions like Mansion, Pirates or small world.
The post-refurb Mansion operated for years without FP. It was added to make FP+ work, and the decision had nothing to do with crowds.

Same story at SSE.

Prince Thomas

He doesn't just make videos. He makes VIDEOS. Seriously. If you ever had any interest in the history of the parks and attractions, his "Tribute" videos are a treasure trove of background, blueprints, documentation of changes made over the years, etc. I started watching them several years ago before I ever came to this site and was thrilled when I realized he was a regular here.

Yes, I'm a fanboy, but his videos are the best thing going when it comes to the nitty gritty of the parks (and not a single one of them contains clickbait).
Can I co-sign this? 🙌🏽

RSoxNo1

The post-refurb Mansion operated for years without FP. It was added to make FP+ work, and the decision had nothing to do with crowds.

Same story at SSE.
I'm aware. What I'm saying is that crowds to the Mansion and it's a small world increased as a result of their refurbishments. FP+ exacerbated the wait times, but it is not 100% to blame, let's say 80%.

spock8113

Someone tell Steve so he can take a rest making papyrus!
On the punch list: replace those faulty Middle Ages smoke detectors.

tirian

I'm aware. What I'm saying is that crowds to the Mansion and it's a small world increased as a result of their refurbishments. FP+ exacerbated the wait times, but it is not 100% to blame, let's say 80%.
Tbh, wait times also increased as attendance grew with no new attractions to absorb the crowd levels. But we’ve discussed the true purpose of FP+ to death, and now attractions are indeed being built despite the promise they wouldn’t be needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom