News Spaceship Earth closing early each day next week for planned maintenance

ThatMouse

Maybe they are adjusting the script to be historically accurate? I don't think Arabs would have "backed up" any Egyptian scrolls.

DisneyCane

Seriously all over the property most of the show projections are so dim. Seriously is it that hard to get some new Christie projectors?
They don't need new projectors. Likely they run the bulbs too long to save money on bulbs. Price varies by wattage but they are at least a few hundred dollars each.

Fpsphil

They don't need new projectors. Likely they run the bulbs too long to save money on bulbs. Price varies by wattage but they are at least a few hundred dollars each.
You think they’d try to start converting everything to led or laser. Not familiar with the latest in projector tech tho

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It’s a high capacity omnimover. The end.

Martin, the problem is that since FP+ DOES exist, it makes standby a lot slower during the times I mentioned above. Hence, the reason why Fastpass is essential specifically at this time, rather than any other time in the day.

I've waited 35 minutes at 11:00 am for this ride. First time friends were not impressed. Always made sure we either did it at 9 am, 8 pm, or had a fastpass from then on.

The whole "it is a high-capacity omnimover" argument doesn't work if FastPass DOES exist with the attraction. Frankly, while I respect your knowledge of Disney, your short smart alex responses get on my nerves sometimes. There is a fastpass line. Therefore, the standby queue is stopped for long periods of time during the attraction's peak times. I've waited a half hour for Little Mermaid as well. And while I understand the whole "If FastPass didn't exist, the line would be empty all the time" argument, and I know that that WAS your argument, that was not the point I was trying to make. Fastpass isn't going to Disappear. Literally ever. In the future. Also side note, that argument is tired, worn out, and isn't going anywhere and will never change. So hearing it constantly is annoying.

Hence, a FP+ reservation for late morning or early afternoon is a good choice for Epcot, given the options.

I'm now tired, cranky, and I'm going to take a nap. Adieu.

tirian

That's fair. Although, late mornings/early afternoons it gets pretty crowded.
It’s a high capacity omnimover. The end.
Martin, the problem is that since FP+ DOES exist, it makes standby a lot slower during the times I mentioned above. Hence, the reason why Fastpass is essential specifically at this time, rather than any other time in the day.

I've waited 35 minutes at 11:00 am for this ride. First time friends were not impressed. Always made sure we either did it at 9 am, 8 pm, or had a fastpass from then on.

The whole "it is a high-capacity omnimover" argument doesn't work if FastPass DOES exist with the attraction. Frankly, while I respect your knowledge of Disney, your short smart alex responses get on my nerves sometimes. There is a fastpass line. Therefore, the standby queue is stopped for long periods of time during the attraction's peak times. I've waited a half hour for Little Mermaid as well. And while I understand the whole "If FastPass didn't exist, the line would be empty all the time" argument, and I know that that WAS your argument, that was not the point I was trying to make. Fastpass isn't going to Disappear. Literally ever. In the future. Also side note, that argument is tired, worn out, and isn't going anywhere and will never change. So hearing it constantly is annoying.

Hence, a FP+ reservation for late morning or early afternoon is a good choice for Epcot, given the options.

The constant queues are manufactured through FP+ — just like POTC and the HM rarely had long queues before FP+ implementation. Back in the original days of paper FP, Disney installed the service at the HM and later removed it because they realized it caused more harm than good at high-capacity attractions. Once upon a time, Guest Experience was the #1 priority.

tirian

You’re right; now I only do this either with low park attendance or with FP. It’s a sad necessity, just like the Haunted Mansion FP. :(

EDIT: I believe @marni1971 ’s response was that it shouldn’t be there, not that you personally shouldn’t use FP+.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
You’re right; now I only do this either with low park attendance or with FP. It’s a sad necessity, just like the Haunted Mansion FP. :(

EDIT: I believe @marni1971 ’s response was that it shouldn’t be there, not that you personally shouldn’t use FP+.
It's a sad truth.

I know what the response was. It's just an overused response that is getting annoying on these forums. Like... We get it.

DisneyCane

You think they’d try to start converting everything to led or laser. Not familiar with the latest in projector tech tho

LEDs for high powered projectors don't exist as far as I know. The LED array would be too big to easily focus the light on the very small (1.3" diagonal or so) imaging chips. Laser is a great solution but MUCH more expensive than xenon bulbs. It's certainly not worth the cost for something like the SSE projections.

LittleBuford

It's a sad truth.

I know what the response was. It's just an overused response that is getting annoying on these forums. Like... We get it.

While SE isn’t among the attractions for which I’d use my prebooked Fastpasses, it’s definitely one I try for once I’m done with my original selection of three. Doing so has proved a successful and time-saving strategy for me. As you say, the queue can get quite bad, and if one can skip it with a few clicks of the phone, why not?

Goofnut1980

Why do they still tier FP+ attractions in Epcot? The old FP way did not, it was just timed on when you could get them.

That was one thing I LOVED with MaxPass in DL. All day, same day, you just went on the app, and got a FP. It was only day of, just like the old paper system. It was brilliant. We were able to enjoy so many attractions.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Why do they still tier FP+ attractions in Epcot? The old FP way did not, it was just timed on when you could get them.

That was one thing I LOVED with MaxPass in DL. All day, same day, you just went on the app, and got a FP. It was only day of, just like the old paper system. It was brilliant. We were able to enjoy so many attractions.
Frozen

twilight mitsuk

Which is still used at dl

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom