Spaceship Earth Burning Rome Scene

Tom Morrow

You guys must have great eyesight... I purposely looked for the trash because of this thread and couldn't see anything. Although looking for stuff was more fun than watching the lame video.

articos

I'm glad to hear the smokey smell is working again. That's my favorite part.

On the other topic I can say that I miss Walter dearly, and I miss Jeremy even more. The Dench version is terrible in so many ways it's hard to even count them.

They need to:

Fix the maintenance issues.

Either remove or re-do the monitors to make them work with a much better descent.

Write a better script (or just bring back Jeremy's and tweak it to the new scenes).

Get a decent narrator, James Earl Jones, Patrick Stewart or Morgan Freeman would do nicely. Or as a nice nod to the past, get the lady that narrated the old pre-ride movie from The Living Seas (I think it was Kathleen Turner :confused:).

It's not much to ask for Disney, when you're done you can get to work on removing the Nemo crap from TLS. Oh and fix JII too. Thanks. ;)

The narrator for 'The Seas' was Hope Alexander-Willis. Somewhere along the line, someone thought it was Kathleen. The rumor took on a life of its own, but isn't accurate.

KevinFSU

Current version with Judy is just bad bad bad. At least I have Jeremy on Ipod and can listen to it whenever I want. Will be there this week so I will see if the Rome smell is still gone.

Ralphlaw

For example
94-Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsibility to build new bridges of acceptance and co-operation between us; to create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth.
07-Well I think your future looks promising don't you? So heres to the next 30,000 years on Spaceship Earth. While no one knows for sure what we'll see or do, I do know it will be quite an adventure. an adventure we will take and make together, See you in the future.

It's night and day really.

Agreed, but I still think the overall changes were a plus, unlike the current TTA narration which is an unnecessary abomination with no plus side, and so easily cured. But that's another post.

HMF

Agreed, but I still think the overall changes were a plus, unlike the current TTA narration which is an unnecessary abomination with no plus side, and so easily cured. But that's another post.

While most of the technical and show upgrades were good, As an overall experience it is a major downgrade from the Irons Version.

Ralphlaw

While most of the technical and show upgrades were good, As an overall experience it is a major downgrade from the Irons Version.

It's true that I miss the depth and drama of the Irons version. The new one is a bit more like a kid's ride; the Irons version was a transformative, dramatic journey through time. Yet, honestly, I once fell asleep on it.

The net improvements for me include the interactive stuff at the end, the Steve Jobs garage, and other more advanced changes above and beyond webcams. Overall, it is a plus in my opinion, but I wish they could have retained some of that mystery and transformative feeling from the Irons version.

Compared to the TTA, . . . well, I'm not going there today.

PhilharMagician

Great to here that the burnt smell is back in the Rome scene. Well at least for now?

I do not expect anything to ever happen with the decent. There is nothing to really look at on the decent because people are supposed to be busy with the crappy touch screen and the "you in the future" game or what ever it is. The touchscreen was cool for the first ride or maybe 2, but it is now nothing but annoying and out of place on the ride. Either someone needs to get much more creative wth the software or give up and go back to show scenes on the decent. Unfortunately updating the software is probably cheaper and much easier than to update the hard scenes reflecting the future on the decent.

aladdin2007

Great to here that the burnt smell is back in the Rome scene. Well at least for now?

I do not expect anything to ever happen with the decent. There is nothing to really look at on the decent because people are supposed to be busy with the crappy touch screen and the "you in the future" game or what ever it is. The touchscreen was cool for the first ride or maybe 2, but it is now nothing but annoying and out of place on the ride. Either someone needs to get much more creative wth the software or give up and go back to show scenes on the decent. Unfortunately updating the software is probably cheaper and much easier than to update the hard scenes reflecting the future on the decent.

I agree, but third shift work had begun again back in June, with more that was planned to come, but then they quit again. As usual. Siemens and TDO must have some major budget squabbles or something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom