Space Mountian

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
i think they are twins.................. but on the left side (alpha or omega, something like that, cant remember) i think if i remember correctly there is a slight difference in the twist of the track in one last enbankment. but im sure ill be corrected because i just cant remember.

AEfx

They both need to be gutted; I rode SM a couple of weeks ago for the first time in years, and I have never ridden such a rickety, uncomfortable coaster. This one is really not the E-ticket it used to be.

AEfx, who wants one like DLP or Disneyland

nfeagle5

I think they are both twins, it might feel different because on one you turn left and on another, right.
I dont think its too "rickety", we are just used to the steel design for coasters now. I challenge you to go on a wooden coaster after a steel one and say that the ride wasnt 2x as rough. Its just in the design
:)

joel_maxwell

i personally think that keeping the wdw version unique (single cars, dual tracks) to the others is great. gutting is fine with me, just please keep the 2 track design.

i think that is is more effective to have both side of your body open to the atmosphere around you. i think that it gives a false sense of security when one sholder is tucked in the car up against someone else (ei: RnRC)

2 cents, cha-ching, lol

Lee

Adventurer
Aside from the left side (Alpha) being 10 feet longer than the other (Beta) side, they are complete mirror images.

And, to agree with AEfx, the Mountain needs to be gutted and the ride totally replaced. Lots of room in there for a better, more modern layout..with effects and sound.

Shaman

Lee said:
Aside from the left side (Alpha) being 10 feet longer than the other (Beta) side, they are complete mirror images.

And, to agree with AEfx, the Mountain needs to be gutted and the ride totally replaced. Lots of room in there for a better, more modern layout..with effects and sound.
I concur...I wonder though, how long its gonna take for them to do that....

joel_maxwell

how is the DL version coming. i know that the track has been layed, but obviously all the affects arent ready and the outside/ inside que etc. etc.

are they going to make it on schedule?

Merlin

Account Suspended
nfeagle5 said:
I think they are both twins, it might feel different because on one you turn left and on another, right.
I dont think its too "rickety", we are just used to the steel design for coasters now. I challenge you to go on a wooden coaster after a steel one and say that the ride wasnt 2x as rough. Its just in the design
:)

While wooden coasters are generally designed to be bumpier rides than steel coasters, I have been on quite a few wooden ones that are much smoother than Space Mountain. I definitely agree that Space Mountain needs to be gutted. Not only does the track need to be replaced, but they need to redesign the loading area to be more efficient. The CMs working the loading area always seem so stressed out, and tend to be (IMHO) rude to guests at times. I think if the loading area was redesigned to make it easier, maybe they'd be friendlier to guests.

Lynx04

AEfx said:
They both need to be gutted; I rode SM a couple of weeks ago for the first time in years, and I have never ridden such a rickety, uncomfortable coaster. This one is really not the E-ticket it used to be.

AEfx, who wants one like DLP or Disneyland
I second!!!!!!

I am all for a complete gutting and new track and experience put in. The ride is out dated and so much more could be done with todays tech to make the ride so much more enjoyable.

Hawkeye21

while i agree that Space Mountain is in need of some repair with it breaking down so often, the rough ride is part of the experience and lends itself to the rides history and age. I don't think you can majorly change Space Mountain just because it would not be Space Mountain

Hawkeye

Lynx04

I think it would be cool to have Premier come in and place a new track down. Having LIMs would be great. You could do an inclined launch like at Universal to simulate a rocket launch.

LoriMistress

Alpha, the left track, is 3,196 feet while the right track, Omega, is 3,186 feet. The Alpha track is longer since it crosses over the Omega track at one point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom