Space Mountain

MUTZIE77

Original Poster
I haven't heard/read anything about the SM refurb in quite some time. I was just wondering if the refurb is still on track to be done and opened by November 21st, as I will be visiting from November 29th to December 6th. Does anyone have any info?

Tom

Beta Return
I haven't heard/read anything about the SM refurb in quite some time. I was just wondering if the refurb is still on track to be done and opened by November 21st, as I will be visiting from November 29th to December 6th. Does anyone have any info?

The official Disney word is still Nov 21. That one hasn't been moved, but there's still a chance that it could be delayed.

Heck, the official refurb schedule still shows TTA opening on the 1st, which didn't happen. It's really opening on the 12th.

jonnyc

The official Disney word is still Nov 21. That one hasn't been moved, but there's still a chance that it could be delayed.

Heck, the official refurb schedule still shows TTA opening on the 1st, which didn't happen. It's really opening on the 12th.

Now we should be in the latter stages of the refurb does anyone know if it has been the big refurb we hoped for? Or just a minimal update?

Note - I do realise there are Space Mountain threads on this topic, but they are soooooooo long!

luvlifeinfl

Oh I really, really hope they stick w/ the 21st. We arrive at WDW on the 21st and we plan to be in the MK on the 22nd. So as soon as that rope drops guess the 1st ride we are goin on..SM and gonna grab a FP at some point too.:eek:.

Oh and what a time to have the opening 5 days before Thanksgiving..those are going to be some long lines.:(

DisneyPrincess5

We've been wondering about this too.
We go in January when Splash Mountain is usually down for it's yearly month long rehab.
We are REALLLLLLLLY hoping both won't be closed.

DisneyLeo18

I JUST realized if it gets pushed back i will miss it on my trip from 12/3-12/7 :eek:

This is my favorite ride and i hope it is open so you guys can enjoy it too. If i miss it hopefully i catch it on my next trip from 12/30-1/3 :lol:

Ariel484

Hopefully it's still on schedule, I would think they'd want it open for those Thanksgiving crowds...:shrug:

vintageepcot

I just know the worker there said they arrant changing a think they are just renewing the ride. I dont know if thats true of not. I an thinking no news is good news. I think if it was any later they would announce it.

MUTZIE77

Original Poster
I suppose no news is good news, my luck an announcement to push it back will be around the corner. I sure hope not, I am bringing a first timer with me and I dont want him to miss it. I dont care how long the line is, I would loveto see this refurb. As for just renewing the ride I hope not, it has been down for far too long IMO. Here is a link to another thread http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=479388. I know there was a thread titled "SM headed to the Scrap heap" but I cant find it.

DisneyCanadian

Now we should be in the latter stages of the refurb does anyone know if it has been the big refurb we hoped for? Or just a minimal update?

Note - I do realise there are Space Mountain threads on this topic, but they are soooooooo long!

I think everyone hopes for the big refurb, 8-10 months is quite the long time for minor detailing and updates. This will be a biggie!

the-reason14

Well I hope it opens up as well, it wouldnt suprise me, however, if it was pushed back just because of the TTA being pushed back, twice now? Either way, I need to make sure its open, because if I reserved a thanksgiving trip and its still close, than Id have to cancel.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I suppose no news is good news, my luck an announcement to push it back will be around the corner. I sure hope not, I am bringing a first timer with me and I dont want him to miss it. I dont care how long the line is, I would loveto see this refurb. As for just renewing the ride I hope not, it has been down for far too long IMO. Here is a link to another thread http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=479388. I know there was a thread titled "SM headed to the Scrap heap" but I cant find it.
I was deleted due to a few certain someones. In all fairness, I will say that that title should have been changed to ""SM headed to the Scrap heap with major thread drift"

if disneyu does push it back that announcement will not made til right before its suppose to come up like any other announcement about pushing back refurbs that it does. tta was announced 2 weeks before dont expect space to be before that. I talked to a cast member who is a friend and being retrained over at space., cast members havent been told anything either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom